Canada Designates Proud Boys as Terrorist Organization

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Canada Designates Proud Boys as Terrorist Organization

Postby Kurt » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:39 pm

I am curious how they will handle attempted entry by Proud Boys (god, what a stupid name).

I figure that if I was a member of Al Q and tried to rock up to the US as a admitted member of Al Q and the US knew me as a member I suspect I would get arrested and likely not make bail or be released.

What does Canada do?

Would the Proud Boys be singing Disney Show tunes in a designated detention center or would they just be expelled?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Canada Designates Proud Boys as Terrorist Organization

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:56 pm

It would be simply delicious if they locked them up, then the Oath Keepers could storm the border, along with the network of militias that Bundy guy has claimed he’s established across the USA. Then Canada could lock them all up.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:29 am

I mean, on the one hand, you have Al Qaeda, who - along with their offshoots, have been responsible for what, 200,000 deaths between Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Sudan, Nigeria, the Phillipines?

And then you have the Proud Boys, who, as far as I have seen, have yet to kill anyone.

So yeah, completely the same thing.

Except for the fact, you know, that Michael Moore waxed poetically about how brave the Al Qaeda hijackers were. Leftists love them some Al Qaeda even though they push fags off of buildings and sexually enslave women.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:11 am

Tarkan wrote: So yeah, completely the same thing.
This is the pendulum swinging the other way after Trump but when you are right, you are right.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:37 am

Gavin McInnis must have bin a shitty Canadian import.

What does this mean? probably not much. Maybe Proud Boys will be restricted access.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:58 am

Kurt wrote: I figure that if I was a member of Al Q
Doubt the Canadians dirt-nap, dronestrike or black-site people with the same callousness the US tended to do. Hyperbole does not help in these matters.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:11 pm

[quote="el3so"][quote="Kurt"] I figure that if I was a member of Al Q [/quote] Doubt the Canadians dirt-nap, dronestrike or black-site people with the same callousness the US tended to do. Hyperbole does not help in these matters.[/quote]

Now that’s an equivocation that doesn’t hold water. Canada has designated the Proud Boys to be a terrorist organization. Why? Could it be because they have their own share of rednecks that could pose a threat, and they don’t want any Muricans up there influencing them? Kurt raises an interesting point.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Re: Re:

Postby Tarkan » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:52 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:Now that’s an equivocation that doesn’t hold water. Canada has designated the Proud Boys to be a terrorist organization. Why? Could it be because they have their own share of rednecks that could pose a threat, and they don’t want any Muricans up there influencing them? Kurt raises an interesting point.

Can't have those yokels in flyover country getting uppity and challenging the results of fraudulent elections now, can we?
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:38 pm

Don't get me wrong, it makes sense politically.
And with the criminal investigations on the event of January 6th ongoing, I understand Canada wants to cooperate with their big neighbour in the South.
ReptilianKittenEater wrote:What does this mean? probably not much. Maybe Proud Boys will be restricted access.
I found this interesting. Not familiar with the author.

Full list for the lazy. Shame they didn't include Celine Dion to it in the nineties, I still shudder when I hear that flute opening...
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:44 pm

Tarkan wrote:fraudulent elections
Nothing was ever proven in all those legal challenges though.

Maybe that's deep state shenanigans like some people on social media claim, maybe president Biden won the election fair and square like all those court documents show.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Tarkan » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:03 pm

el3so wrote:
Tarkan wrote:fraudulent elections
Nothing was ever proven in all those legal challenges though.

Maybe that's deep state shenanigans like some people on social media claim, maybe president Biden won the election fair and square like all those court documents show.

Hard to prove anything when courts refuse to hear cases, Twitter/Facebook/Youtube ban you for posting videos of voting irregularities, and the Democrats start organizing the state machinery to label you an insurrectionist and a traitor if you don't accept the election outcomes.

Nothing says "fair, open and transparent" like censorship and prosecution of doubters.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:33 pm

Proud Boys shouldnt be declared American Terries (I love that term from Key & Peele) but I do think they fit more under RICO than Domestic terrorism laws.

The interesting part would be if other NATO allies declare them terries because the Proud Boys are dumb and say shit like "if Canada wants a war FAFO.

And again, right wingers gotta get used to the low level persecution that lefties have put up with since WWI. You buck up. Dont rat each other out, and shun those who want direct attacks on the government while insisting its ok to want to change the structure and priorities of government and that does not make you a traitor.
What I find funny about all of this is the Right in the US was so used to being called Patriots and "Freedom Loving" that when they werecaught being unpatriotic people tryingto destroy our democratic republic that they went into full snivel mode.
Hilarious.
Must suck seeing all the people who were called snowflakes as actually having much more fortitude and resiliance than "real men" could ever muster when the chips are down. I mean all anyone can do is complain how unfair it was that 60% of the population didnt believe the same lies as they did and that is usually followed by a thinly veiled threat of violence if wecontinue to ignore the idiocy.

Anyway Proud Boys are a Right Wing cash grab withviolence used as the method to gain cash and followers. Its RICO, not terrorism and McInnis shoyld be busted as well.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:49 am

Be careful, or we will have to listen to another Republican talk on the most watched news show on the most watched network about how they're being silenced.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:51 am

Kurt wrote: Proud Boys are a Right Wing cash grab
If you are dealing with grifters, going after the money isn't a bad start.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby snaark » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:04 pm

Is it even possible to declare a domestic group terrorists in America? That's a genuine question BTW. I thought the legal definition of terrorist in America is a foreign group.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe