US Voter Supression

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: US Voter Supression

Postby ROB » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:16 am

Tarkan wrote: And apparently, what's best for you is for the Democratic President's coke head son to get rich off peddling influence and access to his father. Remember, it's all about the people!

Jesus titty fucking christ, it's like you can't even see the irony.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:15 pm

Lost Boy wrote:But pure democracy does not exist, however a democratic process does, and everyone within the territory of the governed should be able to participate.

Pure democracy as in one where every citizen participates is different than voting for a representative. Representative Democracy is closer to what we have. Hence voting.

Now, what is wrong with adult citizens voting for Representatives? Are there too many voters? If so, how do you figure? How do you propose to restrict voting so as to limit what you feel is damaging to the country by having every adult vote?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:27 pm

The myth Democrats believe about themselves is that they are just trying to help. That is why they get all pissy when someone shows that what they thought would help actually hurt or made a situation worse. Many examples exist but the one I like to use is distribution of "aid". I have yet to go to a country that receives "aid" and find people other than criminals who favor US aid, or any aid coming in.

The myth Republicans believe is they are "Protecting" something. Even so much so that when that armed Trump mob surrounded the Biden campaign bus in Texas they claimed they were "protecting" it.

It's good when people help. It's good when people protect. The danger comes when folks lack introspection to the point that they later come to embrace the destructive side of their myth rather than try o excise it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:59 pm

sparrow wrote:You know, my whole life I was taught to believe that the US was the leader of the free world. I believed that. I don't believe that any more.
Lost Boy wrote: Someone is paying for it, and if those receiving taxpayer funds outnumber those who actually contribute to the tax coffers, and their votes are allowed to hold as much weight, than it is only a matter of time before the economy collapses due to wasteful fiscal policies. This has historically always resulted in a dictatorship.
svizzerams wrote: In other words - socialize costs & privatize profits. Then throw in a dash of christofascist theocracracy to justify the whole mess. That seems like the definition of a failed state to me.

Just for the rehabilitation officer's record, you people are all legally adult, right?
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby ROB » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:38 am

el3so wrote:Just for the rehabilitation officer's record, you people are all legally adult, right?

Sick burn.

With a point.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe