Who is getting tracked by Bill Gates?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Postby el3so » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:59 pm

Got the invite for June 16th. Letter says to wear loose-fitting clothing, they are going to regret that one.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Who is getting tracked by Bill Gates?

Postby Dabbi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:48 pm

I got asked to come in on the 16t to

Around 70% of people living here have been vaccinated so far

Life is close to normal
Dabbi
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:13 pm

Dabbi wrote:I got asked to come in on the 16t to

Around 70% of people living here have been vaccinated so far

Life is close to normal

Its getting more normal here too but people are still masked indoors, considering the new Delta variant that might be wise. About 50% are masked outdoors but it used to be at about 90%
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:15 am

Kurt wrote:
Dabbi wrote:I got asked to come in on the 16t to
Life is close to normal

Its getting more normal here too but people are still masked
Screw normal baby, I can't wait for mRNA to turn me into a gene-spliced mutant! A mask 'd still look cool.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby gnaruki » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:27 pm

Haven't felt any mutant powers yet, guess that kicks in on the second shot?
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:57 pm

gnaruki wrote:Haven't felt any mutant powers yet, guess that kicks in on the second shot?

One friend of mine said he had really vivid "fever dreams" after the second Pfizer jab.........
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:24 pm

Got my 2nd jab today. Will let ya know how it goes. Down the pub at the minuit drinkin beer and thinning my blood out a bit so I don't get any of them clotty things.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Kurt » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:00 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:Got my 2nd jab today. Will let ya know how it goes. Down the pub at the minuit drinkin beer and thinning my blood out a bit so I don't get any of them clotty things.

I had "mini-COVID" after mine and I thought it was kind of cool. It was like a minature dollhouse of a potentially fatal disease and the freakiest was when I was drinking coffee and my sense of taste went out and then came back and then went out etc. etc. so my coffee kept alternating between coffee flavor and warm water.

Remember Thick Beer = Thin Blood ..Or I just made that up but it sounds good.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:23 pm

The day offer my 2nd shot in mid-March I just had a general feeling of malaise, like you feel when coming out of a bout of the flu. No energy, achy and mildly depressed, but then again, I am in Cleveland after all, and the long winter and endless gray skies contribute to that too. Vitamin D is de rigueur in these parts.

Mostly though I just felt an enormous sense of relief.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:37 am

I felt like shit after the first dose of AZ. Fever that lasted 24 hours then suddenly went away.

Yellow Fever shot did nothing to me, second shot of Hep A felt like I was punched, I seem to recall a reaction to the Japanese Encephilitus shot but AZ felt worse. Heard the second shot is a piece of cake.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Darcy » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:09 pm

Just got my 2nd Moderna. I think I've gotten every vaccine they've put out. Worst reaction by far was the Typhoid shot for Papua New Guinea, had to panic drop drawers in an alley in Montreal. Was SUPPOSED to get Anthrax on my last gig but I fell through the cracks and didn't bother reminding anyone.
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:01 am

Darcy wrote:Was SUPPOSED to get Anthrax on my last gig but I fell through the cracks and didn't bother reminding anyone.
That's that bovine sh!t no? I didn't know they had cattle so far up North ;-)
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Ozymandias » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:39 am

I am now fully vaccinated having done 2 x trips to the UK from Tunisia recently (at great hassle and expense!) It was particularly tricky as I had to persuade them to give me my second jab at 22 days, but rules tend to be they want an 8 week gap for Pfizer on the NHS right now.

Got the Pfizer, no side effects apart from painful arm at injection site for the first one. Very happy to now have at least the potential for some travel in the future...
Ozymandias
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:29 pm

Ozymandias wrote:I am now fully vaccinated having done 2 x trips to the UK from Tunisia recently (at great hassle and expense!) It was particularly tricky as I had to persuade them to give me my second jab at 22 days, but rules tend to be they want an 8 week gap for Pfizer on the NHS right now.

Got the Pfizer, no side effects apart from painful arm at injection site for the first one. Very happy to now have at least the potential for some travel in the future...

8 weeks? It was 3 when I did Pfizer but after I waited the 1 week waiting period after my second dose I had a routine allergy shot and my blood pressure spiked, so I am starting to think the 8 week period is better than the 3 week period.

When I got the second Pfizer shot I had "mini COVID" and it was really weird. Had all the symptoms but really mild or fleeting, like I would be drinking coffee and suddenly it would taste like "hot water with a little milk" and then it would taste like coffee again. It fluctuated back and forth like this for about 1 hour when I had been 16 hours into my second dose.

There might be a third booster dose too for Delta and other variants. Israel is claiming Pfizer is 64% effective against Delta while 95% effective against the others.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:52 pm

Kurt wrote:There might be a third booster dose too for Delta and other variants. Israel is claiming Pfizer is 64% effective against Delta while 95% effective against the others.

Those numbers are a bit off. The Israeli study was apparently not very well done. There have been a bunch of studies done in other countries that showed it's less effective than it is against the original strain, but still more than 80 percent. There was an article on this in the NYT a couple of days ago, but I can't be arsed finding the link. Apparently calculating the effectiveness of vaccines in the population (i.e. not in designed clinical studies) is not that simple.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe