Hey Kurt

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Hey Kurt

Postby el3so » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:33 am

ROB wrote:BLM is a generic "racism = bad" cause.

Jan 6 was a "Let's ignore the election and install Trump instead" cause.

There it is.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Tarkan » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:03 am

el3so wrote:
Tarkan wrote:Is it an intentional thing, or is basic reading comprehension something that waxes and wanes with your menstrual cycle?

To be fair C, you did call him a fan of a domestic terrorist responsible for the death of 168 of your fellow citizens, including children.

The C is confusing me. Who is C? Is Seek C? Am I C?
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:08 am

ROB wrote:I suppose the difference is what the "cause" of the rioters was.

BLM is a generic "racism = bad" cause.

Jan 6 was a "Let's ignore the election and install Trump instead" cause.

Seems fundamentally different to me.

Let's agree that racism is bad.

Burning and looting and murdering because of racism is also bad, and one may beget the others, but that does not make the others excusable, although the left will make excuses nonetheless.

Righteous outrage does not excuse malum in se crimes.

In a similar vein, there were legitimate reasons to be angry at the government's handling of Ruby Ridge and Waco. Blowing up an office building with a kid's daycare in it was not a righteous act by righteous conspirators. I've never been a fan of McVeigh or Nichols.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:06 am

BLM was a riot/s.

Jan 6 was insurrection.

This isn't hard.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Vincent » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:06 pm

I thought this was a relevant piece relating to many of the themes in this thread.

Would certainly like to hear Kurt's thoughts on it. I mean, I'm guessing he probably could have written it.

https://freddiedeboer.substack.com/p/an ... ce=twitter

Couple of highlights:

Antifa are in the news, as they have once again attacked a journalist for reporting on them while in the process of, well, I don’t really know. I would be opposed to attacking journalists regardless of the purpose of any group of protestors - I believe in the press and rights and see, the whole idea is that we show people our values and invite them into our movement, publicity is the point - but it’s particularly hard to have sympathy for the cosplay crew here, given that they’re not acting as part of any organized movement for any coherent purpose.

Yes, my friends. Dedicated radicals, old school commies, Quakers and trade unionists and environmentalists, people who need four digits to number the protests they’ve attended - all kinds of no-bullshit far-left activists have had ambivalent or worse feelings for antifa for a very long time.

Antifa tended to come from the anarchist groups, when I was a younger activist, and my people had a natural suspicion of anarchists. (Today’s left lacks the minimal ideological coherence for these distinctions to matter.)

nd this led to protest behaviors that were suboptimal, not because we had a particular fondness for the police or the rules but because protests take place in the contexts of neighborhoods where the flesh-and-blood human beings we’re trying to rally to our cause live, and they universally do not want perpetual adolescents in paintball outfits wandering around looking for someone with wrists skinnier than theirs to fight.

But if they’re cool, we’re cool. Dust off your black Skechers and puff out your chest, knock yourself out, as long as you aren’t fucking things up for the rest of us. Nobody wants to be the protest police. I certainly don’t. If people want to wander around looking like they just left an Avenged Sevenfold concert, flashing their little first aid fanny packs at everybody, godspeed to them.
"Too bad my real life experiences lead me to believe they're just like the rest of us: 5% assholes, 5% good people and 90% scenery." - el3so, BFC philosopher and bon vivant.
Vincent
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:09 pm

That's bad.

But since I am at work I cannot really listen to it with sound so all I can go on about is my own experiences.

Journo smackers on the left tend to be informants. I am sure not all are informants but the last 20 years the bulk of Federal, state and local police activity has gone into "leftist" organizations. It is simply the Law of Increasing Returns. You invest in something, then you get more of it. Past Journo smackers have been Brandon Darby ( https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... terrorism/ ) He was also pretty rapey too. Wojciech Braszczok was a Journo smacker and a Cop Puncher back in Occupy Wall Street in NYC
https://abcnews.go.com/US/cop-charged-s ... d=20539148

The other possibility is that the person who did that is just a violet dick who found other violent dicks to hang out with. That is a phenomenon that needs no explanation as we all have seen that before.

What I find odd is the view that Leftist are by default so wrong that they must be saintly in their behavior. Be a leftist and make some money in real estate? *kezzerrrt!* Wrong action. You must eat a bowl of millet per day and work at some low paying job not 100% funded by rich people. Be a leftist and have a drug problem and be a closet homosexual? *Kezzzerrt!* Nope, you must be either openly gay and not promiscuous and the only drugs permitted is medical use of Marijuana. Go to protests and be a jerk? Newp! Not permitted. You literally have to live up to the stereotype of our critics who laugh at how ineffective holding hands and singing "Kumbya" is anyway.

Lefties are flawed people. Lefties are infiltrated. Lefties are a threat to the anti-Democratic right wing and the pro-Democratic "mainstream" Liberals.

Typically Proud Boys can beat and threaten Journalists, like when Sergio Olmos had an assault rifle pointed at him in Portland https://sergioolmos.com/ and at that same rally the Right pretty much trashed a parking lot thinking every car was "Antifa" https://www.dailydot.com/debug/proud-bo ... eos-truck/

But that is expected of them. They are not good people and no one expects them to be so the left is treated like the "nice" boyfriend in a relationship, when they are "Good" 90% of the time and "Bad" 10% of the time it is assumed 10% is their "True Colors" where as the "Bad" boyfriend is expected to be a jerk and highly praised for the 10% of the time he is "Good".

That is what the article was in my opinion...tut tutting and head shaking because someone who was thought to be "Good" was really "Bad" instead of focusing on active groups in this country who actually believe in a thing called "Day of The Rope" when "traitors" to Country and race will be killed en masse, because they still believe that salvation lies with those who allowed roving fascists to become a thing in the first place.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:17 am

Its going to trial.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 979795001/

White boys taken down by anti-gang laws meant for black boys and anti-terrorism laws meant for muslims.

Shitty laws then and shitty laws now. Except for a few Libertarians back in the day I never once heard a right wing complaint about these "enhancement" laws.

The right might want to join the lefty anti-prison movement.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:13 am

I love own goals.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:21 pm

ROB wrote:I love own goals.

They are terrible laws. But i cannot help but gloat.

Also they are gonna find that "unfair" does not matter when the FBI targets you.

The worst person in this group IS the paid informant with full immunity. The anti-war and Occupy Wall St. People had to put up with US cops joining and hanging out and Cops from the UK, way out of jurisdiction setting people up.

The left in the US should have become literal crybabies as that seems to work.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:13 pm

Kurt wrote:Its going to trial.

White boys taken down by anti-gang laws meant for black boys and anti-terrorism laws meant for muslims.

Shitty laws then and shitty laws now. Except for a few Libertarians back in the day I never once heard a right wing complaint about these "enhancement" laws.

2 are not guilty and 2 are a hung jury, so no need for anyone to join the anti-prison movement now.

Basically one of the guys was a such a fucking sad sack. No friends, live in a vacuum cleaner repair store (amazed there is still such a thing) but it had no toilet or sink so he had to use the Taco Bell. ...So it was believable to a jury that one could be lead along to a terrorist conspiracy by Wings, Beer and friendship based on domestic terrorism.

They did believe the idea to kidnap Whitmer was their own but they just did not seem to think, at least 2 of them, were serious about it beyond getting free food.

If I was crapping in Taco Bell I would totally take advantage of this situation and sue for ruining potential future employment and try to better my lot, because this moment is all that dude has until he can collect disability for being ...well, himself. I am sure he has something diagnosable.

And again I would really like to see my Country actually make an effort not to abandon so many people to themselves to the point where their best hope is to be forcibly institutionalized as a terrorist or temporary celebrity for being an acquitted loser.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:41 am

The edges of mental illness are a scary place for society.

Is he mad? Isn't he? What is mad anyway?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:25 am

ROB wrote:The edges of mental illness are a scary place for society.

Is he mad? Isn't he? What is mad anyway?

Having a shitty life is both an effect of and a cause of mental illness. That has to be addressed or we will have a lot more of this. Only people talking about addressing it are "Libtards" to the left of Biden, so we can expect more of this.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:49 am

A little empathy could go a long way. For both sides.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:09 pm

Kurt wrote:
Kurt wrote:Its going to trial.

2 are not guilty and 2 are a hung jury, so no need for anyone to join the anti-prison movement now.

Basically one of the guys was a such a fucking sad sack. No friends, live in a vacuum cleaner repair store (amazed there is still such a thing) but it had no toilet or sink so he had to use the Taco Bell. ...So it was believable to a jury that one could be lead along to a terrorist conspiracy by Wings, Beer and friendship based on domestic terrorism.

They did believe the idea to kidnap Whitmer was their own but they just did not seem to think, at least 2 of them, were serious about it beyond getting free food.

If I was crapping in Taco Bell I would totally take advantage of this situation and sue for ruining potential future employment and try to better my lot, because this moment is all that dude has until he can collect disability for being ...well, himself. I am sure he has something diagnosable.

And again I would really like to see my Country actually make an effort not to abandon so many people to themselves to the point where their best hope is to be forcibly institutionalized as a terrorist or temporary celebrity for being an acquitted loser.

It's probably a really bad sign for the prosecution when there are more informants and UCAs than there are actual alleged conspirators.

It's also a bad sign when your lead FBI agent is a swinger and gets arrested for beating the shit out of his wife.

It probably also violates some ethical rules (or maybe not given this is the FBI we are talking about) to have your female CI ply your mentally challenged, homeless patsy with sex and drugs and food in order to get him to agree to commit the crime which you provide the guns, money, and vehicles for.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe