Hey Kurt

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Hey Kurt

Postby Tarkan » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:27 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:My first thought was the terrorist act of the OKC bombing carried out by Timothy McVeigh …. and Kurt beat me to the punch. I’d not heard that spin before, that the FBI destroyed the Murrah Federal Bldg and all those souls who died. Par for the course, resonant of MAGA blustery claims that the Jan. 6 criminal insurrectionists weren’t MAGA “patriots”, but in fact were Democrats and Antifa.

It brings a sickening realization that the OKC bombing and McVeigh are viewed as right and heroic, but of course they can’t say that out-loud, so they just say the FBI did it, just like they say the Jan. 6 insurrectionists were not MAGA & their off-shoot folk, but were actually Democrats.

Basically, in so many words, Tarkan has outed himself as a fan of Timothy McVeigh.

LOL. You are a fucking idiot Seek. Really. And your mind reading abilities aren't nearly what you think they are.

Consider two different documented cases of the FBI actively involved in fomenting terrorist plots against US citizens that were actually carried out.

1. 1993 WTC bombing (the FBI had an informant in the group, were well informed of the plot, and were supposed to provide inert material instead of explosive material but somehow never did)
2. 2015 Curtis Culwell Center attack (where the FBI agent handler was actually on scene with the attackers and got arrested in the aftermath).

...and several other plots where the FBI intigated/fomented things and swooped in to save the day (Michigan kidnapping plot, IIRC the Buffalo Muslim plot), it's not unreasonable to suspect that the Feds had a hand in instigating OKC and it got away from them, much like WTC 93 did.

Follow along here if you can, I realize that you are in steep cognitive decline so it may be difficult, but these are the salient points: Thinking the FBI might have been involved given the track record of the agency in question with regard to fomenting terrorist attacks so they can look like heroes is a long fucking away from:
1. Thinking McVeigh is a hero
2. Approving of the OKC bombing

Neither of which I've ever subscribed to, but fuck you anyway.

And if Jan 6 was an insurrection, it would be the first fucking insurrection in recorded history where the insurgents didn't bring weapons, didn't kill anyone, and left after a few hours, with the only fatality being an unarmed white woman shot by the state.

A closer parallel you should be looking towards is the Reichstag fire where the Nazi government used the excuse of the attack to clamp down on their opponents. Sort of like the Democrats are doing post Jan-6. For any given event, you have to ask yourself quo bono...who benefits. Who benefitted from Jan 6? Therein lies the answer on who likely instigated it.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

cuid pro cuo Qlarice ;-)

Postby el3so » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:08 am

Tarkan wrote: And if Jan 6 was an insurrection, it would be the first fucking insurrection in recorded history where the insurgents didn't bring weapons, didn't kill anyone, and left after a few hours
No-one ever said it wasn't a dumb idea.
It failed as a coup/insurrection/political act because they didn't have either the media savvy, the critical mass, the evidence to back up their voting fraud claims or the genuine support of any of a number of institutional players. Having more weapons or killing some more people will not change those dynamics or facts.
Tarkan wrote:with the only fatality being an unarmed white woman shot by the state.
Didn't a police officer die a day later, after being assaulted by rioters? 2 more civilians attending died as well.
I felt bad for the cop and his family, such a sad spectacle.
Tarkan wrote:For any given event, you have to ask yourself quo bono...who benefits. Who benefitted from Jan 6? Therein lies the answer on who likely instigated it.
Are you copy-pasting bits of script from that JFK movie?
My reply would be the ones no longer in power, shilling merch, talking smack and selling their alternative facts as gospel, biding their time or riding it out.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Kurt » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:41 pm

Tarkan wrote:And if Jan 6 was an insurrection, it would be the first fucking insurrection in recorded history where the insurgents didn't bring weapons

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/03/capit ... f-weapons/

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/po ... 963993002/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/capitol-ri ... dangerous/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 578286001/

Gotta say though, I dig the QAnon Shaman's lawyer. He had an actual forged leaf spear and he tried to claim it was not a weapon while claiming his client was basically a mentally ill retard. I know people who have been jailed for carrying an American flag on a cardboard tube that cops said was a "weapon". Plus lefty lawyers never claim their clients are idiots. They admire them too much. A Spirited defense is perhaps easier when you have some contempt for your client and people like him.

Plus he got out of eating jail food! That lucky fuckwit. Jail food makes every effort to punish everyone equally no matter what the religion but requesting "Organic" and "Fresh" ...holy shit that was brilliant.

Anyway. As a test of what a weapon is go to an airport. Bring Bear Spray or a Stun Gun. Put those in your carry-on. If the TSA puts it in the trash then it is just forbidden and not a weapon. If you miss your flight then it is a weapon.

How many of the harmless rioters (who would have killed any Democratic rep they got their hands on) would have been able to go through airport security without missing their flight while possessing what they brought into the capitol?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:59 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:And if Jan 6 was an insurrection, it would be the first fucking insurrection in recorded history where the insurgents didn't bring weapons

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/03/capit ... f-weapons/

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/po ... 963993002/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/capitol-ri ... dangerous/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 578286001/

Gotta say though, I dig the QAnon Shaman's lawyer. He had an actual forged leaf spear and he tried to claim it was not a weapon while claiming his client was basically a mentally ill retard. I know people who have been jailed for carrying an American flag on a cardboard tube that cops said was a "weapon". Plus lefty lawyers never claim their clients are idiots. They admire them too much. A Spirited defense is perhaps easier when you have some contempt for your client and people like him.

Plus he got out of eating jail food! That lucky fuckwit. Jail food makes every effort to punish everyone equally no matter what the religion but requesting "Organic" and "Fresh" ...holy shit that was brilliant.

Anyway. As a test of what a weapon is go to an airport. Bring Bear Spray or a Stun Gun. Put those in your carry-on. If the TSA puts it in the trash then it is just forbidden and not a weapon. If you miss your flight then it is a weapon.

How many of the harmless rioters (who would have killed any Democratic rep they got their hands on) would have been able to go through airport security without missing their flight while possessing what they brought into the capitol?

Ok, at the risk of being accused of backtracking, let's run the numbers.

~30,000 people showed up at the Capitol to protest.

Approximately 1,000 people arrested.

And a whole 15 people were arrested for having weapons.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say just the VA contingent alone probably could have brought a few hundred guns to the insurrection...if it were in fact an insurrection.

A handful of people (1.5% of the arrestees, less than 0.1% of the attendees) having weapons doesn't make it an insurrection.

One guy having zip ties doesn't make it an insurrection.

But you already knew this.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:49 am

A bad insurrection by disorganised morons is still an insurrection.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:10 pm

Tarkan wrote:One guy having zip ties doesn't make it an insurrection.

But you already knew this.

I think there was more weapons than that but since I am not at a place or have the time where I can check I am going to assume you are correct and it was a very lightly armed group of people. (who had a reserve stashed in Virginia ..to protest of course)

But zip ties.

What do you use zip ties like that for? They were for something. Storm capitol, drive out Representatives, have Zip Ties.

Zip ties are used for restraining humans. Nothing else. When I used to go to protests I brought nail clippers to remove zip ties but never ever brought zip-ties at all.

I suspect the reason given is "Citizens Arrest" for "Antifa" but we know that was total bullshit. No Antifa was there, just some Proud Boys dressed like Antifa and not even too many of them.

Also do you consider Bear Spray a "weapon"? I mean that stuff was all over the place.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:14 pm

ROB wrote:A bad insurrection by disorganised morons is still an insurrection.

Ok, I read through some historical examples of insurrections. I was working through an incorrect definition in my head.

This is on par with some of the past insurrections.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:21 am

Tarkan wrote:

Ok, I read through some historical examples of insurrections.

There's your mistake. You were looking through ones by semi-competent protagonists.

Maybe Google "when retards attack"?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:23 pm

ROB wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

Ok, I read through some historical examples of insurrections.

There's your mistake. You were looking through ones by semi-competent protagonists.

Maybe Google "when retards attack"?

You should stop arguing after I admit I was wrong. I agree that Jan 6th was an insurrection. As were many of the BLM riots.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Predictable whataboutism.
A strategic disclaimer after he outed himself as a fan of Timothy McVeigh.
That guy Tarkan, he ain’t very mcbright.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:39 pm

Tarkan wrote: I agree that Jan 6th was an insurrection. As were many of the BLM riots.
Classic. You missed half a credit for not mentioning that autonomous zone they had going in Seattle. Dunno if that was BLM, anti-fa, the CCCP or just some locals.

But the vast majority of the demonstrations were peaceful. Loud, tense and at times annoying? Sure, but that's what demonstrations usually are. Unwise during a pandemic? Maybe, time will tell.
Other than the police precinct that got abandoned and subsequently burned, I didn't see too many government buildings damaged or entered without permission. Lots of armed people too btw. Doesn't make those demonstrations any more of an insurrection IMO.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Tarkan » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:21 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:Predictable whataboutism.
A strategic disclaimer after he outed himself as a fan of Timothy McVeigh.
That guy Tarkan, he ain’t very mcbright.

Where did I out my self as a fan of Timothy McVeigh?

What's your fascination with blatantly mischaracterizing what I say?

Is it an intentional thing, or is basic reading comprehension something that waxes and wanes with your menstrual cycle?
Last edited by Tarkan on Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Re:

Postby Tarkan » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:26 pm

el3so wrote:
Tarkan wrote: I agree that Jan 6th was an insurrection. As were many of the BLM riots.
Classic. You missed half a credit for not mentioning that autonomous zone they had going in Seattle. Dunno if that was BLM, anti-fa, the CCCP or just some locals.

Me either.

But the vast majority of the demonstrations were peaceful. Loud, tense and at times annoying? Sure, but that's what demonstrations usually are. Unwise during a pandemic? Maybe, time will tell.
Other than the police precinct that got abandoned and subsequently burned, I didn't see too many government buildings damaged or entered without permission. Lots of armed people too btw. Doesn't make those demonstrations any more of an insurrection IMO.

Notice I said *riots* not *demonstrations*.

If people are marching down the street, yelling slogans, it's a protest. There were lots of those.

If people are torching buildings, it's a riot. There were lots of those also.

If people are torching government buildings or attempting to, it's an insurrection. There were several of these in Minnesota, Portland, Seattle, Washington DC.

Portland had pretty much daily and nightly attempts to attack Federal buildings for the past year.

"Protesters" - aka insurrectionists damaged Federal during the BLM riots in Washington DC - which is when everyone made fun of Trump because the Secret Service was so concerned they moved him to a secure location.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:11 am

I suppose the difference is what the "cause" of the rioters was.

BLM is a generic "racism = bad" cause.

Jan 6 was a "Let's ignore the election and install Trump instead" cause.

Seems fundamentally different to me.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:28 am

Tarkan wrote: Is it an intentional thing, or is basic reading comprehension something that waxes and wanes with your menstrual cycle?

To be fair C, you did call him a fan of a domestic terrorist responsible for the death of 168 of your fellow citizens, including children.

Tarkan wrote:"Protesters" - aka insurrectionists damaged Federal during the BLM riots in Washington DC - which is when everyone made fun of Trump because the Secret Service was so concerned they moved him to a secure location.
Guess the algorithm crapped out on me on that one. If any of it was as blatant as the Capitol event, it would have shown up. Or maybe not, who knows.

Wiki says they tried to take down the statue for an 18th century Polish intersex war hero called Pulaski who came to the US "where freedom is being defended, to serve it, and to live or die for it". And that Trump said he wasn't whisked away but on a tour of that particular part of the White House.

Imagine that, an lgbt+ person being a bad-ass more than two centuries ago. One of those TIL moments.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe