Kabul Liberation

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Kabul Liberation

Postby Tarkan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:40 pm

Bin Laden called it 11 years ago.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/20/bin-laden ... to-crisis/

Bin Laden warned in 2010 letter that Biden would ‘lead US into crisis’

Osama bin Laden once warned al Qaeda not to target Joe Biden because he believed that his inheriting the presidency if something were to happen to Barack Obama would “lead the US into a crisis,” a resurfaced letter shows.
In the letter dated May 2010, the al Qaeda 9/11 mastermind wrote he had no assassination plots against Biden because he deemed him “totally unprepared” to lead the United States.
Instead, bin Laden urged his followers to be on the lookout for then-President Obama.
He told them there was a high priority to target aircrafts belonging to Obama and then-CIA director David Petraeus.
“They are not to target visits by US Vice President Biden. The groups will remain on the lookout for Obama or Petraeus,” bin Laden wrote.

“The reason for concentrating on them is that Obama is the head of infidelity and killing him automatically will make Biden take over the presidency for the remainder of the term, as it is the norm over there.
“Biden is totally unprepared for that post, which will lead the US into a crisis.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:02 am

Tarkan wrote: And as for literally ANY candidate being 10x better than the fuckery of that cunt, you clearly haven't been fucking attention. Biden is 7 months in and has fucked up everything he's touched. Literally everything. I used to think Biden was a puppet - if only that was the case, at least the Shadow President might be competent.

Your salty tears give me a raging boner.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:02 pm

snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:11 pm

Of course they were betrayed.

Oddly enough we cannot say "After 20 years of training your tissue paper army collapsed in two weeks. That is also betrayal"

2 Trillion? Yep, we should have betrayed them after 1 year or betrayed them by not doing shit in the first place.

Hell, we would have been better off if we said "You win. The Talibs and Al Q now own Manhattan below Canal St." They would have never bothered to show up with their Hi-Lux patrols anyway because they are not dumb enough to take over a place.

For at least the last 15 years we should have been telling them to plan for our exit next year. Not telling them we are gonna leave eventually is the real betrayal.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:41 pm

Yup, but taking the keys to their airforce and then saying publically they the lack the will to fight just seems particularly dickish.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:34 pm

snaark wrote:Yup, but taking the keys to their airforce and then saying publically they the lack the will to fight just seems particularly dickish.

If we had doubled their airforce the US would have still been faulted for causing the Talibs to get the equipment.

The exceptionalism the US forced on the world has resulted in another form of exceptionalism that it is always our fault. If we invade, we invade wrong and if we dont invade we commit the error of neglecting our responsibilities. If we leave we leave wrong and if we stay we stay too long when we have not left or not long enough when we do leave. If we leave we leave with faults.

Thats the way it goes I am am cool with it. Dick move or not we have no winning scenario where we gain anyones approval, so i support withdrawl, faults and all. Whatever we did on our way out it would suck so we should pick our own suck and stick with it.
We did it wrong and I do not care because getting out is right (for us)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:07 am

...Plus we evacuated 88,000 people from Kabul. I am sure someone will find fault with that miracle of logistics and point out that JFK handles twice that number in a day.

The evacuation is impressive. 19k got out without casualties just on Tuesday. Almost 3 times the total evacuated from Saigon in 1975 when the North had not even taken control yet.

Still not as impressive as Dunkirk, but its impressive.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Bobby Sands » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:36 am

Hell, how many death threats did I get on this forum when I argued, directly & explicitly, and predicted that this is how all of this would end?

LOL, too bad no one paid for the archive of the old bord.

Anyway, just dropped in to see if any of the BFC "operator" royalty came back to provide their expert analysis. As the last couple of years show, sometimes you gotta ignore the "experts" and the self-described "been-there-done-thats" and just listen to good old Bobby Sands.

Kurt wrote:I remember when NYC cops beat the crap outa people for being "traitors" when they said this plan would fail. Then they beat more people who said the same thing about Iraq.

Then they claimed in 2004 that we were planning to kill them with acid filled eggs.

I am wondering when is best to call everyone a fucking idiot and how to do so. So many options.
Bobby Sands
Sword of Damocles

Postby sparrow » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:57 am

Bobby Sands wrote:Hell, how many death threats did I get on this forum when I argued, directly & explicitly, and predicted that this is how all of this would end?

Anyway, just dropped in to see if any of the BFC "operator" royalty came back to provide their expert analysis. As the last couple of years show, sometimes you gotta ignore the "experts" and the self-described "been-there-done-thats" and just listen to good old Bobby Sands.

Kurt wrote:I remember when NYC cops beat the crap outa people for being "traitors" when they said this plan would fail. Then they beat more people who said the same thing about Iraq.

Then they claimed in 2004 that we were planning to kill them with acid filled eggs.

I am wondering when is best to call everyone a fucking idiot and how to do so. So many options.

Ha! I remember getting all that venom over my opposition of the invasion of Iraq in the spring of 2003. And I was right.

Good times.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby Kurt » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:28 am

Bobby Sands wrote:Hell, how many death threats did I get on this forum when I argued, directly & explicitly, and predicted that this is how all of this would end?

$250.00 for the old board.

Yep, too bad.

But I am a big fan of gloating.

Lesseee....another thing I said was that Wars bring immigrants from the country that we fought and often sneak in some of their ideals we fought against as well.

Well see. But if I lived in Minnesota, Wisconsin or Vermont I would be volunteering to help them out now so we dont gotta put up with nuttos later. (Cold places with Liberals are where they are settled)

Also another point I made is that Right wing fuck-ups are always cleaned up by kind hearted lefties. Wish there was a way to go "on strike" without being cruel but there is not in most cases and we gotta pay for our own mops too.

Bobby had the best quote about Pat Tillman being murdered. Thats on this board still and stil free.

Oh, remember when people mocked Cindy Sheehan for crying that her son died in a stupid war. It was that guy who later threatened to sue me for calling him a wife-beater based on his conviction for domestic violence in Clark County Minnesota. Patrick or Shawn or something.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby vagabond » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:32 pm

Wait, the old board got toasted? Maybe for the best given some of the drama.

Right wing fuck-ups are always cleaned up by kind hearted lefties

Usually true. Too bad the same people that are conducting this fuck up are still the ones in power 20 years after starting it. I'm happy we are finally getting out, sucks it's happening this way (with the reports of a suicide attack today) but it had to happen sometime. All the people on both sides pointing fingers, and the terrible MSM, need to take a deep look in the mirror, but we know that's not going to happen. There's no real accountability in our sham democracy.

Bobby had the best quote about Pat Tillman being murdered. Thats on this board still and stil free.

Share?

Oh, remember when people mocked Cindy Sheehan for crying that her son died in a stupid war. It was that guy who later threatened to sue me for calling him a wife-beater based on his conviction for domestic violence in Clark County Minnesota. Patrick or Shawn or something.

You know, for such a weird, niche board, BFC has seemed to have a decently high mortality and arrest rate. I forget which post it was (maybe this one) where you spelled out all those other old timers that you were able to follow that had died or been arrested. I guess even though I fit the demo (white, Southern, overweight, unemployed, annoyed with a dysfunctional government) of a lot of the wingnuts out there I've lucked out in being extremely lazy and have only gone so far as to get a Jacobin subscription as my form of protest.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:37 pm

vagabond wrote:Wait, the old board got toasted? Maybe for the best given some of the drama.

Right wing fuck-ups are always cleaned up by kind hearted lefties

Usually true. Too bad the same people that are conducting this fuck up are still the ones in power 20 years after starting it. I'm happy we are finally getting out, sucks it's happening this way (with the reports of a suicide attack today) but it had to happen sometime. All the people on both sides pointing fingers, and the terrible MSM, need to take a deep look in the mirror, but we know that's not going to happen. There's no real accountability in our sham democracy.

Share?

You know, for such a weird, niche board, BFC has seemed to have a decently high mortality and arrest rate. I forget which post it was (maybe this one) where you spelled out all those other old timers that you were able to follow that had died or been arrested. I guess even though I fit the demo (white, Southern, overweight, unemployed, annoyed with a dysfunctional government) of a lot of the wingnuts out there I've lucked out in being extremely lazy and have only gone so far as to get a Jacobin subscription as my form of protest.

We also had a high level of informants here that were informing on everything except what was going on here (which, with the exception of one time, was never much). Lessee....Aqil, Magic Wombat, Forget his username ...Vincent Churchill (planted bombs on ANC kids in the 1980s and ratted out Shippy and Aqil to the Cubans and then popped on the board demanding RYP pay him.) Whats-his-head...the "Can of Beans for a Blow-Job Obama Rape Camp" guy threatened to rat out a user from Egypt to Mubarek's secret police because the Egyptian made the simple mistake of being smarter than Rape Camp in an argument.

Tracker.

He pretty much tried everything. 1/4 truth fed 3/4 bullshit. Got nailed using this board to hit up Natalee Halloway's family rep for cash.

Oh, here is the Bobby Sand's post.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46163&p=459097&hilit=varsity%20boys#p459097
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:56 pm

Man, I missed out on all the threatening to rat people out drama.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:01 pm

Wow, that's nuts. Then again, this would be that place.

Re: Pat Tillman/Bobby Sands - Nail on the head.

All the wasted lives over the past 20 years (and counting). I was a freshman in college when this shit started.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:09 pm

Tarkan wrote:Man, I missed out on all the threatening to rat people out drama.

No kidding. Then again, I did stumble on some older threads today and this place had more drama than Real Housewives back in the day. I'm assuming the old board died like a star, all the hot gases heating up then going supernova and imploding into a black hole of despair, rather than something mundane like Kurt spilling a Diet Coke on the AS/400 it was being kept alive on.

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe