NYC f'd?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Postby el3so » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:13 pm

ROB wrote: You have the death penalty. We don't. Just sayin'
You must feel pretty safe from the floods up on your high horse ;-)
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: NYC f'd?

Postby sparrow » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:01 am

Well, glass houses right?
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Re:

Postby ROB » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:05 am

el3so wrote:
ROB wrote: You have the death penalty. We don't. Just sayin'
You must feel pretty safe from the floods up on your high horse ;-)

It was a call to arms, not a defence.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:26 pm

The death penalty is useless except as a deterrent or punishment for "White Collar" crimes and corruption.

Some states in the US that have it refuse to use it it since it is useless and expensive so it just sits there not being used waiting until a really bad criminal not covered by Federal Law comes along.

The opposition to the Death Penalty is tbe only thing that has prevented it from being more crazy and more stupid here.

26 years ago Rush Limbaugh called for Drug Usersto be executed in the US. I was part of the anti death penalty movement then and with help from Evil Supervillian George Soros' Open Society we cold called and flyered and merged fighting Clinton era "Convict Drug Users easier" and "Kill em All" Reagan / Bush era people.
Whats funby is Limbaugh was arrested for drug conspiracy in 2006 and if Soros had not thrown money into the fight and Limbaugh got the Laws he wanted he might have died on Death Row of cancer instead of at home.

"Liberals" usually come in and end up having to save conservatives from themselves or clean up a mess they made anyway. That was just a fun example of how The Deep State saved Limbaugh (not really though since those laws would have been used to kill black people, leftists and hillbillies )
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Darcy » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:06 pm

Kurt wrote:I just arrived in Iceland.

We took off in that shit though and it was rough.

Having little open faced samdwiches with egg and herring now.

Cool! Not far away in Qikiqtarjuaq, Eastern coast of Baffin. Got myself an apartment in Iqaluit, will be here for the winter. Still some Arctic Char running, got the fly rod, been out most every day...

No COVID or restrictions here, and above freezing and sunny every day - maybe with global warming I should get ahead of the curve and buy some beach front property....

Back on the beast (quasi-military gig)....

Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:17 pm

IMO Arctic Char is superior to salmon.

Luckily it is easy to find in Iceland. Though I have heard that the best way to have it is roasted over either driftwood, alder or willow.

One thing I love about cold places is how the people there make a place pleasant even though it is actively trying to kill them.

It was odd to go from Windy, wet and 50 degrees F. to NYC which was a hot, wet 80 degrees.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:03 pm

Kurt wrote:IMO Arctic Char is superior to salmon.

Luckily it is easy to find in Iceland. Though I have heard that the best way to have it is roasted over either driftwood, alder or willow.

One thing I love about cold places is how the people there make a place pleasant even though it is actively trying to kill them.

It was odd to go from Windy, wet and 50 degrees F. to NYC which was a hot, wet 80 degrees.

In Iceland, what do they do about vegetables, the green kind, not kale, which I maintain is just a weed that’s tricked people.

I endured 3 weeks of 98 degree weather in Oklahoma to land home in Cleveland to 70 degrees. Rust belt heaven. People here every year without fail complain about the winters. They settle into a pre-emptive S.A.D. around mid-October. Having grown up in the south enduring the interminable heat and humidity I never complain about the cold. The grayness doesn’t bother me, but around late February I’m ready for it to be over. What makes me uncomfortable is when the sun is very bright and temperature is very low. There’s something discordant in that.

Oklahoma had no tornados this year. Strange. Sure did hit the East Coast though.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:50 pm

Plenty of veggies in Iceland.

Volcanic soil + geothermal heat + greenhouses = They can even grow bananas sometimes.

We were told that if we ate a vegetable in Iceland there was a 90% chance it was grown in Iceland.

I cannot say that about my grocery store.

It's very strange to be in a country where the government does not actively try to harm people or prevent them from protecting themselves. I suspect it is because it is cold, wet, windy and literally explosive at times so having the government joining nature in trying to harm you would just be too much.

Rugged cooperation beats rugged individualism every time...and the veggies are fresher.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:06 am

Kurt wrote:Rugged cooperation beats rugged individualism every time...and the veggies are fresher.

Amercians' fear of their government is probably well placed given its history.

Icelanders' trust of their government is probably well placed given its history.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:10 pm

ROB wrote: It was a call to arms, not a defence.
My mistake.
Doubt there is a non-totalitarian system in which tabloids, biased media, low-hanging fruit advertising and other common-denominator things are illegal. Price of freedom and all that.

Planet should be fine, things will probably have to get worse before they get better.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Tarkan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:12 pm

ROB wrote:
Kurt wrote:Rugged cooperation beats rugged individualism every time...and the veggies are fresher.

Amercians' fear of their government is probably well placed given its history.

Icelanders' trust of their government is probably well placed given its history.

Shouldn't you be sending a geolocation picture of yourself to the government right about now instead of posting on the internet?

It is interesting to see how deep into tyranny Australia has lurched. Probably just a practice run before the Chinese overlords take over.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:48 am

Tarkan wrote:
ROB wrote:Shouldn't you be sending a geolocation picture of yourself to the government right about now instead of posting on the internet?

It is interesting to see how deep into tyranny Australia has lurched. Probably just a practice run before the Chinese overlords take over.

You are very dumb. Please stop talking.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:28 pm

ROB wrote:
Tarkan wrote:
ROB wrote:Shouldn't you be sending a geolocation picture of yourself to the government right about now instead of posting on the internet?

Technically, I'm writing, and no, you aren't my supervisor.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:39 pm

ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:54 am

Tarkan wrote:
ROB wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

Technically, I'm writing, and no, you aren't my supervisor.

Nuclear Submarines.

That is all.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe