So apparently Australia is a violent dictatorship now...

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: So apparently Australia is a violent dictatorship now...

Postby Kurt » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:23 pm

Even more ripe for that inpending Chinese takeover.

The thing to be wary about is that these DeSantis / Trump Americans actually believe their bullshit, or at least will behave as if they do.

Oz and NZ will probably face sanctions under a DeSantis administration.

I live in a high crime urban hell hole where vaccines are mandetory and we have to show "our papers" before eating indoors..... And its really fucking nice. Completely dipshit free.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:05 pm

I was wondering why the Anti Vax thing in NYC had Australian flags. Our healthcare and school unvaxed rate is 1% now even less with the schools since the unvaxxed got shitcanned. Even contractors who work with schools got fired if they were not jabbed. ( a friend of ours got fured from her project manager position in school contruction got fired and now she has old ladies calling her from Nigeria and scolding her)

Most of those protesters were not from NYC, but its a better place for your protest to be seen rather than Buffalo or Albany.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:13 pm

Kurt wrote: DeSantis administration.
Republicans really wanna push this guy for 2024?

Dude looks like he has dead hookers and a crack pipe, let alone skeletons, in his closet.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Kurt » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:09 pm

el3so wrote:
Kurt wrote: DeSantis administration.
Republicans really wanna push this guy for 2024?

Dude looks like he has dead hookers and a crack pipe, let alone skeletons, in his closet.

Thats the look they are gking for. The last guy was literally orange. They would even mock Trump detractors with "I get it, Orange Man Bad huh?" As if we were simplistic and judgy and reduced criticism based on appearance.

Of course I will always judge Orange people as bad, even I agree with them....because after acertain age one tends to look like how they are. They "earn their face" as Orwell put it.

So DeSantis with his scowl, ill fitting suit and the look of a perpetual hangover....yah that means something. Maybe not dead whores but that would not be that shocking. Its a shame the meth loving tranny lover did not get elected. They probably would not be inching towards 60k dead with him in charge.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:26 pm

Kurt wrote:They probably would not be inching towards 60k dead with him in charge.

In my home state (population about 3 million) the total number of people who have died from covid is ... 9. Not 9000, but 9. All of them contracted the disease overseas and died in quarantine.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:47 pm

snaark wrote:
Kurt wrote:They probably would not be inching towards 60k dead with him in charge.

In my home state (population about 3 million) the total number of people who have died from covid is ... 9. Not 9000, but 9. All of them contracted the disease overseas and died in quarantine.

There was this episode of the cartoon Metalocalypse that had the lead singer of the band Dethklok elected as Governor of Florida. In a very short period of time Florida was destroyed. It was one of those things that if someone said to me "I bet this happens in real life" I would wonder what the hell kind of drug they were on.

Anyway, in a pandemic there are always going to missteps. New York State and Italy made tons of them. Quite glad Oz and NZ actualky picked up some useful information before the vax. When the Italians were dying they said "wear masks even when they tell you not to" and NY did but it was too late.

What is wrong with the rest of the US is almost unfathomable how idiotic they choose to be.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:28 pm

Australia made its share of fuck ups, but it had the good luck of being an island that's a really, really long way away from everywhere else. Some states (i.e. all of of them except NSW and Victoria) basically cut themselves off from the rest of the country, so they became islands within and island. So about two thirds of the country (i.e. not Sydney and Melbourne) got through just fine, though the next bit is going to be a shock for people used to "zero covid".
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:02 pm

If we had guns, we would be able to be sensible, wear masks and get vaccinated whilst owning guns.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe