I'm sad

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

I'm sad

Postby El Pelon » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:07 pm

The world has changed a lot since the days when this place was alive. I have had the good pleasure of meeting a few of you. Some I have met when you came to Kentucky, others I met on your turf, or on mission in places like Australia, Micronesia, Burma, Thailand, Honduras, etc. The world is now a very different place. I come back to the Flag from time to time to see what folks are saying. What makes me sad is the fact that those who I would have once really enjoyed spending time around my campfire hate people like me. I am disappointed. We are all a bit nuts. Most of us were friends once. I'm glad I can remember those days.

If the world opens up again, I'll go back to the ends of the earth to support the widow, the orphan, the poor and the oppressed. Same as always. If I meet any of you yahoos on the ride, I'll buy the beers.
El Pelon
BFCus Regularus

Re: I'm sad

Postby Kurt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:29 pm

Well... How about staying and posting?

Be great to have you here again.

Also the "forum is dead" thing is a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy. If "dead" means you dont participate then that is a contributer to forum death.

It wont really die until the servers are shut down and the database deleted. Only way that will happen is when participation hits zero.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:05 pm

If it's any consolation, I always hated you.

Look forward to our next beer.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:23 pm

. “What makes me sad is the fact that those who I would have once really enjoyed spending time around my campfire hate people like me“

What makes you say that? Can we get some context here?
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:55 pm

People are risk adverse these days. Everyone in the world lives in a dangerous place.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:01 pm

RYP wrote:People are risk adverse these days. Everyone in the world lives in a dangerous place.

People are butt-hurt these days, all over the fucking place, in every side and corner.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:41 am

seektravelinfo wrote:
RYP wrote:People are risk adverse these days. Everyone in the world lives in a dangerous place.

People are butt-hurt these days, all over the fucking place, in every side and corner.

The only people butt hurt are liberals and gay curious straight men. As per norm.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby ROB » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:54 am

rickshaw92 wrote:
seektravelinfo wrote:

The only people butt hurt are liberals and gay curious straight men. As per norm.

It's all about % of the shaft and it's only gay if you make eye contact.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:10 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:

Boy, please. Ya don’t know what you’re talking about.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:17 pm

rickshaw92 wrote: The only people butt hurt are liberals and gay curious straight men.
Quite a few straight chicks are down with sodomy nowadays.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Darcy » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:55 pm

el3so wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote: The only people butt hurt are liberals and gay curious straight men.
Quite a few straight chicks are down with sodomy nowadays.

Truth
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:59 am

“The four most over-rated things in life are champagne, lobster, anal sex, and picnics.”
Christopher Hitchens
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:55 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:“The four most over-rated things"

If enjoying breakfast on the lawn with mimosas, lobster-avocado rolls, half a rottisserie chicken, hard-boiled eggs and some consensual ass-fucking is wrong, I don't want to be right...
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Kurt » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:18 pm

el3so wrote:
seektravelinfo wrote:“The four most over-rated things"

If enjoying breakfast on the lawn with mimosas, lobster-avocado rolls, half a rottisserie chicken, hard-boiled eggs and some consensual ass-fucking is wrong, I don't want to be right...

Anal sex is just waiting for a condom that says "I'd rather be.."

The picnic thing is right. Picnics always suck unless it is all booze.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Return to Black Flag Cafe