Shitty America Is Getting Shittier

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re:

Postby Tarkan » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:48 pm

el3so wrote:
Tarkan wrote:My opinion on “mind your own business” is fuck off and practice what you preach first before telling me to do what you say, no what you do
Hey, I never knocked anyone up that I know of, that's good enough for me.
You were the one talking rape and incest, I can see there would be a myriad of other reasons for a woman to decide to terminate her pregnancy. Doubt it's ever a cheerful occasion.

You know, they do surveys on abortions right? Substantially less than 1% involve rape or incest. The vast majority...IIRC, ~90-92% is as an "elective" procedure. I.e., a form of late breaking birth control.

Okay, I definitely did not have you coming out as a sovereign citizen on my 2022 bingo card ;-)

Opposition to various laws is not the same thing as defiance said laws. I mean, there is a part of me that says fuck yo wypipo rules, but the more rational part of me says the nail that stick out gets hammered.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Re: Re:

Postby Kurt » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:21 pm

Tarkan wrote:
You know, they do surveys on abortions right? Substantially less than 1% involve rape or incest. The vast majority...IIRC, ~90-92% is as an "elective" procedure. I.e., a form of late breaking birth control.

The overturn makes it so states can ignore even those 1% and in the case of some one can have "bounties" on those who evade the law in their state.

Of course the number of trans athletes competing in gender specific sports is even less than 1% but that is what makes the news and has laws made.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:16 pm

Tarkan wrote: You know, they do surveys on abortions right? Substantially less than 1% involve rape or incest.
Who does those surveys? The medical people or non-profit/activist groups on opposing sides of a spectrum trying to further their point?

Call me naive but on a politically (and in the USA also a religiously) charged topic, what percentage of those willing to respond would you expect to give the most taboo explanation? Even if that gut feeling says those two very answers would be the only ones to sway your average pro-life Joe to agree that abortion might just be an option.
Because your wife/daughter isn't some slut, "they" had their way with her. And definitely not some frigid bitch getting all uppity because you accidentally on purpose touched her ass or called her sweet-tits one too many times, nah, real bun-in-the-oven, rape-rape.

The incest is a funny thing, I'd say the victims would be the ones least likely to have the option/access. People will be people.
Tarkan wrote: The vast majority...IIRC, ~90-92% is as an "elective" procedure.
Average people having a sex life is a given, birth control is definitely not 100% effective, it's no surprise the not-rape, not-incest pregnancies will vastly outnumber the others.

This is like that "actually Germany as a major exporter is in a weak position because they depend on foreigners buying their high-end, profitable products to keep raking in the money" take further up. It doesn't strengthen the point you are trying to make. Maybe it's the language barrier.
Tarkan wrote: I.e., a form of late breaking birth control.
Dunno about you, you have the wife and kid(s), I don't, but I can understand that a middle-aged couple could decide that another kid in your thirties, forties isn't something that fits the plan for a variety of reasons. Birth defects, relationship struggles, careers, life expectancy, economic reality, maman c'est sûr, papa peut-être...
Ya know, real life adult things that molds real life adult decisions. All of them in their own right personal dramas.

I hate to make the comparison, but so what if it might kinda be like nope-ing out on that second mortgage to pay the veterinarian bills on a 13 year old pet should also be an option. It doesn't make you a bad person IMO.
Same for the alternative to the operation, putting the dog to sleep doesn't make the vet a murderer.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

had to google wypipo

Postby el3so » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:20 pm

I mean, there is a part of me that says fuck yo wypipo rules, but the more rational part of me says the nail that stick out gets hammered.
Which part of you paid for all the guns and ammo?
j/k
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Shitty America Is Getting Shittier

Postby gnaruki » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:53 pm

Kurt, looks like someone got the stats gathered for your rural vs. urban safety argument: https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-06-07/is-new-york-city-more-dangerous-than-rural-america *paywall : /
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe