Shitty America Is Getting Shittier

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Shitty America Is Getting Shittier

Postby vagabond » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:37 am

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:Now that Roe v Wade is overturned, I wonder how many cities the left will burn down this week.

None.

How many fires will there be? Maybe a few.

Thomas wants to go after gay marriage and birth control now. Something a majority of Americans support (as they do Roe V. Wade)

The problem is the Democrats actually believed Republicans when they claimed they were not going to over-turn it. and said "ok, you don't over-turn it and we we legislate it into permanence on the Federal level.

The Republicans have been fighting to over-turn "Liberal" things and the Liberals have been fighting to get the Republicans to go back to Republicrat "Bi-Partisanship".

It's been planned for 40 years and yet we did not see it coming, even when it was leaked.

Which is the exhausting part because now energy has to be spent on refighting BS from 50 years ago instead of, you know, climate change or any of the other things people actually care about (degraded infrastructure, health care costs, etc). Of course, the first thing Biden et al do is say "Go vote" and then send emails asking for donations. How about get pissed and go do your fucking job along with the other walking corpses. Show some fucking actual leadership. When it comes to it, they can throw in tons of energy and effort on supplying arms against Russia but read a fucking poem when it comes to half the country losing human rights.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:11 am

Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:The thing I always go back to whenever I hear the "Everyplace else is fucked but the USA" is that in 1988 The Warsaw Pact got together and discussed how to divide up the West to prevent mass riots and starvation since their own intellectuals predicted Western Collapse by 1995.

Yeah, those stupid egg heads.

Here's the thing that's hard to argue with: the demographics are baked in.

Take a look at that bulge at 50-54. Almost 7 million people. Vs. 3.3 million people aged 5-9. When that 5-9 age cohort is 50-54 years old, Germany's population won't be 83 million anymore. It'll be 40-50 million. Meanwhile, that 5-9 group - which is half the size of the 50-54 group will, in 15 years, have to pay for the retirement benefits of that older cohort. And they won't be able to out-vote the larger cohort, because there aren't enough of them. While at the same time, that older cohort will stop making money (and right now, they are making the most money they will make in their lives), they'll move their savings from equity investments to "safe" harbors, and so capital will dry up at the exact same moment you need economic growth to fund your welfare state because your labor market isn't up to the task.

That demographic picture is just as dire across the developed world (except the US and France). It's actually even worse in China.

Then take a look at Germany's trade to GDP ratio. It's 88%. The US is 26.50% (and most of that is with Canada and Mexico, who aren't going anywhere...Mexico has a very healthy demographic profile). As Germany's trading partners' collective populations age, their consumption will drop. Which will, uh, force a "transformation" on the German economy.

Sure, there's enough technical talent in Germany to muddle through, and maybe having 25% of their normal economic activity will finally make their green energy strategy feasible, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Nonetheless, as the US disengages from being the global guarantor of...everything, the rest of the world is entering in a structural and demographic phase that limits the collective ability to respond to crises. And, unfortunately, the world is already in the middle of a crisis with the Ukraine-Russia war. Most of us just don't know it yet.

Except that Europe may go full Camp of the Saints to offset population decline. I agree China is about to go into population decline and they are unlikely to let immigrants in, however they are simply offshoring their manufacturing.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:38 am

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:Now that Roe v Wade is overturned, I wonder how many cities the left will burn down this week.

None.

Thomas wants to go after gay marriage and birth control now. Something a majority of Americans support (as they do Roe V. Wade)

The problem is the Democrats actually believed Republicans when they claimed they were not going to over-turn it. and said "ok, you don't over-turn it and we we legislate it into permanence on the Federal level.

The Republicans have been fighting to over-turn "Liberal" things and the Liberals have been fighting to get the Republicans to go back to Republicrat "Bi-Partisanship".

It's been planned for 40 years and yet we did not see it coming, even when it was leaked.

Roe is simply bad case law. Deserved to be overturned.

A majority supports abortion being legal in the first trimester and illegal in the third. The left wants abortion to be legal at 40 weeks and the baby's head crowning: "oops, changed my mind, kill it." The abortionist crowd also likes to do stupid shit like force religious hospitals to do abortions and make med students perform abortions as part of their rotation. The left likes to push push push, and now they got a little push back. I expect Democrat run states to enact a rash of legislation enshrined their precious right to murder babies in the womb to feel superior to those yokels in Alabama.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:40 am

Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:

None.

Roe is simply bad case law. Deserved to be overturned.

A majority supports abortion being legal in the first trimester and illegal in the third. The left wants abortion to be legal at 40 weeks and the baby's head crowning: "oops, changed my mind, kill it." The abortionist crowd also likes to do stupid shit like force religious hospitals to do abortions and make med students perform abortions as part of their rotation. The left likes to push push push, and now they got a little push back. I expect Democrat run states to enact a rash of legislation enshrined their precious right to murder babies in the womb to feel superior to those yokels in Alabama.

As a straight, white male, I really have little to worry about given the ruling. As someone seeing this as a further erosion of human rights within the US, I am extremely concerned.

Consequently, Fascists see themselves as not merely espousing an ideology but rather, a creed or – as the Nazis called it – a Weltanschauung (roughly translated as "world view"). As Paxton writes:

In a way unlike the classical "isms", the rightness of fascism does not depend on the truth of any proposition advanced in its name. Fascism is "true" insofar as it helps fulfill the destiny of a chosen race or people or blood, locked with other peoples in a Darwinian struggle, and not in the light of some abstract universal reason. (...) The truth was whatever permitted the new fascist man (and woman) to dominate others, and whatever made the chosen people triumph.

Fascism rested not upon the truth of its doctrine but upon the leader's mystical union with historic destiny of his people. (...) The fascist leader wanted to bring his people into a higher realm of politics that they would experience sensually: the warmth of belonging to a race now fully aware of its identity, historic destiny, and power; the excitement of participating in a vast collective enterprise; the gratification of submerging oneself in a wave of shared feelings, and of sacrificing one's petty concerns for the group's good; and the thrill of domination. Fascism deliberate replacement of reasoned debate with immediate sensual experience transformed politics, as the exiled cultural critic Walter Benjamin was first to point, into aesthetics. And the ultimate fascist aesthetic experience, Benjamin warned in 1936, was war.

Fascist leaders made no secret of having no program. (...) Fascism radical instrumentalization of truth explains why fascists never bothered to write any casuistical literature when they changed their program as they did often and without compunction. Stalin was forever writing to prove that his policies accorded somehow with the principles of Marx and Lenin; Hitler and Mussolini never bothered with any such theoretical justification.

In the same vein, Paxton goes on to define Fascism as

a form of political behavior marked by obsessive preoccupation with community decline, humiliation, or victim-hood and by compensatory cults of unity, energy, and purity, in which a mass-based party of committed nationalist militants, working in uneasy but effective collaboration with traditional elites, abandons democratic liberties and pursues with redemptive violence and without ethical or legal restraints goals of internal cleansing and external expansion.

[url]-- https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/ ... l/dd8bk3z/[/url]

Personally, religion out of government (you know, the 1st amendment) would be my first step. This is and is not about the issue at hand but continued power and control of an extremist minority-elected class over the actual wishes of the populace. It will keep going until it is stop by some ways or means. As I said before, things can only bend so far before they snap back. The right, and the pro-abortionists, have been let off the hook vs women trying to salvage their lives that could go to jail for being raped.

https://foreverwars.substack.com/p/abortion-pro-life-terror-operation-rescue-tiller

Current Dems shouldn't be let off the hook either - Biden's shite speech, Pelosi reading a poem, people singing "God Bless America" - fuck these do-nothing, feckless Dems.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:18 pm

vagabond wrote:As a straight, white male, I really have little to worry about given the ruling. As someone seeing this as a further erosion of human rights within the US, I am extremely concerned.

Weird, because that's exactly what the other side thinks about making abortion legal. The erosion of human rights (literally, the termination of life without recourse) of the literally most vulnerable people in society. When a woman miscarries, you don't say "oh, so sorry about your fetus," do you? No, you say, sorry you lost your baby. It only becomes a clump of cells when it's a political calculation and convenient, but most of the public thinks a 3rd trimester fetus is actually a baby and a human being.

This is a zero sum game. You can't give "rights" to a woman to terminate her baby without taking away the "right" to life of the baby itself, and vice-versa.

I'm not religious (read: I'm atheist), so there is no "God commands thee" argument here. In a humanist argument, you would track culpability and agency. Woman voluntary choses to engage in sex knowing the potential consequences = having agency and culpability, the baby has no agency or culpability, therefore society or the state has to advocate on the baby's behalf and intervene to protect.

Conversely, woman is raped (her agency is stripped), it becomes a different calculus.

Baby is likely to be born with severe genetic abnormalities, yet again a different calculus (how severe, what's the level of cognitive and physical disability, etc).

But the left has stripped all of this of any moral or ethical regard, and made it a simple "I'm a sociopath and don't want any consequences for my behavior, my body my choice, kill the baby". There's something monstrous about the women on twitter and Instagram bragging about all the abortions they have had, not unlike the pictures you see from the late 1800s of crowds of smiling white people in their Sunday finest gathered around a lynched black person. And very, very few of these woman are having abortions because they were victims of rape or incest.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:51 pm

Tarkan wrote: And very, very few of these woman are having abortions because they were victims of rape or incest.
How about you mind your own fucking business?
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Tarkan » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:36 am

el3so wrote:
Tarkan wrote: And very, very few of these woman are having abortions because they were victims of rape or incest.
How about you mind your own fucking business?

How about fucking no?

Stay the fuck out of my business if you want me to stay out of your business. Left loves telling everyone else how to live their lives, what they can and can't own, can and can't do, so fuck 'em.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:24 am

There it is:
Its not about the law. It is about retaliation.
What do we own if not our own bodies?
What property rights are protected when the ownership if ourselves is denied by law?
The left isnt gonna take shit compared to what your buddies will take.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:55 am

Kurt wrote:Its not about the law. It is about retaliation.

Jesus, Kurt. Have you even met Tarkan?

In 20 years he's made about 3 good points and the rest has been "but the left" whatever the fuck that means.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:11 pm

Kurt wrote:There it is:
Its not about the law. It is about retaliation.
What do we own if not our own bodies?
What property rights are protected when the ownership if ourselves is denied by law?
The left isnt gonna take shit compared to what your buddies will take.

My legal opinion on abortion is legal in 1st trimester, illegal in 3rd except in extenuating circumstances (unresolvable preeclampsia, other dire threats to mother’s health, severe genetic / development abnormalities in the fetus making it non-viable).

My opinion on “mind your own business” is fuck off and practice what you preach first before telling me to do what you say, no what you do.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:11 pm

ROB wrote:
Kurt wrote:Its not about the law. It is about retaliation.

Jesus, Kurt. Have you even met Tarkan?

In 20 years he's made about 3 good points and the rest has been "but the left" whatever the fuck that means.

I feel like you made an unwilling concession here on the 3 good points.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:00 pm

So you oppose most of the state laws? Most people hope for a "but at least they will allow.." Only to discover that no, the womans life is not protected by the revised law and theright to travel could be restricted if one is suspected of seeking an abortion (like Missouri)

Great laws you got there.
The Democrats are still hoping for "bipartisanship" so they arent going to stop this.
Wonder when the first Makout Model of law enforcement will happen? (When deputized Civilians are paid by the property of "criminals" they capture for the state)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:02 pm

Here is some third world shit.

https://apnews.com/article/climate-scie ... e4adbad6dc

People who die of extreme heat or cold die more of poverty than anything.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:03 am

Kurt wrote:So you oppose most of the state laws?

Wouldn't be the first time.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:38 pm

Tarkan wrote:My opinion on “mind your own business” is fuck off and practice what you preach first before telling me to do what you say, no what you do
Hey, I never knocked anyone up that I know of, that's good enough for me.
You were the one talking rape and incest, I can see there would be a myriad of other reasons for a woman to decide to terminate her pregnancy. Doubt it's ever a cheerful occasion.
Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:So you oppose most of the state laws?
Wouldn't be the first time.
Okay, I definitely did not have you coming out as a sovereign citizen on my 2022 bingo card ;-)
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe