Shitty America Is Getting Shittier

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Shitty America Is Getting Shittier

Postby Kurt » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:00 pm

https://www.thecentersquare.com/indiana ... 25e2c.html

Once every 200 year catastrophe is 10% increase.

40% falls into a realm not seen in a Western Industrialized country ever.

I know some are gonna say "But Biden" and "But Trump" but the fact is that the USA doesn't actually know how to stop it's citizens from dying early.

We suck at it.

Its not just Trump or Biden's pandemic plan or lack of one or too much of one, it is pretty much everything. People are being told to come to work when still sick or lose their jobs, suicide and drug overdoses are up and have been climbing before the pandemic. Medical care is less available now than it was before, but it was never really available to everyone or easily available.

I am sure this is not the only insurance company with a similar report out.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion ... t-prepare/

Canada sees it.

I am sure the UK and the EU are planning for this as a possibility as well. I'd be curious if they have plans to stop it and what those plans might be?

I'm kind of hoping NYC pulls a Hong Kong and is part of the US but somewhat separate. We already have safe injection sites and are planning on Naloxone vending machines (if you get this stuff and your insurance company finds out about it your rate goes up, even if part of a first aid kit or if you have someone in the house who has a strong prescription). Plus I know of plans to stop fascist gangs from getting into the City for whatever kind of nonsense they might have planned, but the plans are just in the discussion stages and we do need to work faster. For the most part NYC is not actually shitty. (except Hospital waiting rooms and gum on the sidewalk) For some reason there is a bigger movement to Make America Florida but not Make America New York City.

This is stupid.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Shitty America Is Getting Shittier

Postby seektravelinfo » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:35 am

Kurt wrote:I'm kind of hoping NYC pulls a Hong Kong and is part of the US but somewhat separate. We already have safe injection sites and are planning on Naloxone vending machines (if you get this stuff and your insurance company finds out about it your rate goes up, even if part of a first aid kit or if you have someone in the house who has a strong prescription). Plus I know of plans to stop fascist gangs from getting into the City for whatever kind of nonsense they might have planned, but the plans are just in the discussion stages and we do need to work faster. For the most part NYC is not actually shitty. (except Hospital waiting rooms and gum on the sidewalk) For some reason there is a bigger movement to Make America Florida but not Make America New York City.

I know what you mean. I don’t tell people I live in Ohio. Cleveland, yeah, but not Ohio. Two very different places. This city doesn’t have much, but it has enough. We do have more than most and that’s fresh water.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:58 pm

Click on this. Too big to embed an image.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 07/2fb.jpg

But basically what you said.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:46 am

At what point to do go, "fuck this shit" and leave?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:58 am

Cheer up. You could ber the first country run by a news network.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trump-turns-hannity-over-capitol-231813743.html
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:19 pm

ROB wrote:At what point to do go, "fuck this shit" and leave?

I know people who have done this.
One fled to Germany because actual Nazis threatened and still threaten to kill her after she dared to expose them after they assaulted her in Charlottesville.
She reported the threats to the police and the cops said that the Nazis were not a threat.
She fled to Germany.
Two others I know went to Portugal because of chronic health issues and they became convinced their insurance companies wanted them to die.
Paranoid? Perhaps.
But they are doing better freelancing for odd jobs in Portugal than they did with good jobs in the USA.
Since I live in NYC and though NYC has problems, crime and right wingers are not one of them.
But hospital emergency rooms can be pretty bad and my wife has Sickle Cell disease....so if I call bullshit on the US it will be for health reasons.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:48 pm

Because I look at it like this: We let it get broken, so we gotta fix it and make it so it can’t be broken again. Besides, I’ve been in places populated by American expats. Not for me, that excessively face-lifted alcoholic colonizing milieu creeps me out.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:43 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:

Because I look at it like this: We let it get broken, so we gotta fix it and make it so it can’t be broken again. Besides, I’ve been in places populated by American expats. Not for me, that excessively face-lifted alcoholic colonizing milieu creeps me out.

That is true, but it depends where you go.

I always found it odd that if an American says "Fuck this shit, I am moving to Panama City" ...that person is often viewed as a patriot of sorts. But if someone says "Fuck this shit, I am moving to Denmark" its like "Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out Commie!"

Flee to tropical Spanish speaking country = Real American.
Flee to Spanish speaking country that is Spain = Pinko
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:11 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:Besides, I’ve been in places populated by American expats. Not for me, that excessively face-lifted alcoholic colonizing milieu creeps me out.

Yeah, Bali for Aussies. Fucking Awful.

Once went to the Costa Del Sol in Spain and it was full of tax avoiding Brits. Equally awful.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:21 am

ROB wrote:
seektravelinfo wrote:Besides, I’ve been in places populated by American expats. Not for me, that excessively face-lifted alcoholic colonizing milieu creeps me out.

Yeah, Bali for Aussies. Fucking Awful.

Once went to the Costa Del Sol in Spain and it was full of tax avoiding Brits. Equally awful.

I have heard that if you run into Americans, Canunks or Aussies in Spain you will meet a sane person. However, run into a Brit there and that is another story.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:36 am

Probably sounds snobbish but it's types of people on cheap holidays.

Aussie Bogans go to Bali.

Worldly Aussies go further afield.

Brit Chavs go to Ibiza.

Decent Brits go further afield.

Trailer trash Americans go to Cancun.

Worldly Americans go further afield.

Sure it's a generalisation with many exceptions, but "near" and "cheap" doesn't bring out the best travellers.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:32 pm

Kurt wrote:

I know people who have done this.
One fled to Germany because actual Nazis threatened and still threaten to kill her after she dared to expose them after they assaulted her in Charlottesville.
She reported the threats to the police and the cops said that the Nazis were not a threat.
She fled to Germany.
Two others I know went to Portugal because of chronic health issues and they became convinced their insurance companies wanted them to die.
Paranoid? Perhaps.
But they are doing better freelancing for odd jobs in Portugal than they did with good jobs in the USA.
Since I live in NYC and though NYC has problems, crime and right wingers are not one of them.
But hospital emergency rooms can be pretty bad and my wife has Sickle Cell disease....so if I call bullshit on the US it will be for health reasons.

Fleeing Nazis by going to German, that shows you how much things have changed over the years.

Speaking of expats, I know several retired cops that have moved down to Bogota. They sound well.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:30 pm

Devlin wrote:
Fleeing Nazis by going to German, that shows you how much things have changed over the years.

Speaking of expats, I know several retired cops that have moved down to Bogota. They sound well.

She went there because Nazism is illegal.

Here if a Nazi threatens to kill you, the only part they focus on is the threat and since many cops have been told for years that Anti-Nazis are the bigger threat, they tend to blow off any threats coming from Nazis to Anti-Nazis, so she went to a place that had one extra layer of encouragement for investigation.

Also German intelligence tracks Global neo-Nazis as they consider them to be a threat to Germany.

Bogota is awesome. One of most welcoming big cities in the world. As friendly as Istanbul without trying to get you to buy a bunch of shit.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:27 pm

Kurt wrote:She went there because Nazism is illegal.

It is? Someone forgot to tell the ones in the police and the military.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:04 pm

snaark wrote:
Kurt wrote:She went there because Nazism is illegal.

It is? Someone forgot to tell the ones in the police and the military.

Yah, I heard about that.

But lets say someone knocked on your door and pepper sprayed you... In Germany.

Illegal, right?

Now lets say someone wearing a swastika knocked on your door and pepper sprayed you.

Illegal, right?

In the US if that happened a person could press charges but if it happened to an Anti-Nazi / Antifa person the charges might be dropped or lessened at the DA's office because the person pepper sprayed was "biased against Nazis" because that is a thing in the guidelines for charges. The anti-Nazis are considered more of a threat than the actual Nazis from a time when Anti-Nazis were also Anti-War and Anti-Globalists and Nazis never showed up in force.

In Germany how would a Nazi showing up and pepper spraying someone at their house play out compared to just a regular jackoff pepper spraying another regular jackoff?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe