That Hostage thing in Texas

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: That Hostage thing in Texas

Postby Kurt » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:28 pm

There was this nutty guy in Long Island who would give speeches as a member of ELF.

He played up the "we cannot comment on confidential informants" thing and photocopied his own ELF flyers, held ELF meetings where it was just he and cops trying to spy on ELF members that showed up, which no one did.

He was just a nut. Wanted people to think he was ELF and wanted people to think he was an agent.

I heard he OD'd right after 9/11 because suddenly no one was paying attention to the lone ELF guy.

in 2008 my friend's house was raided by the JTTF (Joint Terrorism Task Force) for listening to police scanners and reporting the contents of the scanners on twitter. They had their charges dropped, made a FOIA request on how the case was built.

The core of the case came from a place called Maldon Institute. Run by two people in the Baltimore area that provided "Educational Resources" to Police and Law Enforcement. Their "Report" was that my friends were "Elves" and Elves were left wing terrorists who used environmentalism as a cover to target the police with violence.

DHS is multi-sided and weird. It is part competent HUMIT and OSI gathering and part molesters at the airport. Their ground transportation cyber security groups are awesome, like talking to regular people all the time but they are slowwwwwwww at new stuff that is not making you remove items before boarding a plane.

Turns out there are tons of "Non Profits" like this trying to manipulate Law Enforcement. Whether targeting sex workers as "Human Traffickers" or lefites as violent terrorists, they exist and past "intelligence" has skewed current enforcement policies to ignore the radical right but instead pay attention to those who oppose the radical right.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe