AG of New York has Trump in a hissy snit

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

AG of New York has Trump in a hissy snit

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:34 pm

The "Give a deflated estimate to the IRS and then lie to lenders" thing lasted quite a while.

What is funny about this is if my wife and I claimed our house was triple the square footage to get a loan while claiming to the IRS it was a loss making property we would be strung up twice.

However a triplex worth $127 million getting valued at $327 million by lying about the square footage was allowed to go on for a while. People tend to target those who aspire to upward mobility rather than those they perceive are already there, so what is 20k square feet and $200 million anyway? That much money it sort of passes out of the realm of being noticed.

James' probe should be more frightening than the relatively harmless Jan 6th Committee. He will skate on the coupe attempt but get nailed for fraud.

They have not even gotten into his "don't pay bills, declare bankruptcy and have the creditors pay bills" part of his operation.

In 1998 and 1999 I drove deliveries for a "High End Building Materials" company, like fancy banisters and marble countertops and stuff like that. I had worked in shipping artwork before so I was responsible to treating materials like "artwork" to add a premium to what they charged.
My boss, who had a hobby of starting businesses, building them up and then selling them was a real straight-forward guy. Made and kept promises and if for some reason he had to back-peddal on one, like scheduling he would go out of his way to make it up to you. You never even had to remind him. One time he had to make me work on a Saturday when he promised he would not. I worked, got 8 hours pay at time and a half and then next weekend he paid me 8 hours time and a half for not working on the next Saturday.
So, honest guy. And decent too.
Anyway, so he managed to get an agreement to provided finshes to 40 Wall St. when that was being finished and Trump Tower shortly after construction started.
Everyone was like "ooohh! Donald Trump. Now we are in the big leagues." He wanted to make an impression and keep Trump as a long term client so he charged them cost for materials and then made profit on shipping and storage. So we drove all over the East coast picking up stuff for Trump buildings. Trump org would pay for materials + 20% cost estimate for X number of weeks storage (or something like that) and then we would deliver it and they would pay the final bill when we arrived.
They always added time to storage, so if it would be materials plus 20% on 2 weeks storage the real bill would need to be for 6 weeks storage and delivery. But Trump Org never paid the bills. They always claimed that it was not up to their standards.
So they paid for the materials in full and owned them but my boss was stuck with 20% of 2 weeks storage and nothing else was paid.
Around that time I quit to pursue Unix administration but I kept in contact with them.
Later they bailed on Trump, took part of a restructuring settlement and operated at a loss. When they wondered how they got contractors to work for them they found out the trick was to over-charge for materials, like 4X the value and then just take the loss when they did not pay the rest of the bill and wait for a restructuring to have the lender pay the arrears so work could continue.

So you had to step in to that world knowing Trump was going to rip you off, so you had to rip him off more, while letting him believe he was ripping you off. That was literally how that world functioned.
Now it makes more sense how he could fund such stupid practices for so long...just lie about what you have for loans.

Anyway, tons of stuff about it but this is a good basic idea of what was done.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-jan6-sub ... ud-1670626
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: AG of New York has Trump in a hissy snit

Postby ROB » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:09 am

That is the classic ploy of swindlers everywhere.

Skase, Bond and Tinkler are its most famous recent strategy users here, but I am sure every country has folks who use this ploy.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:09 am

I am guessing this stuff happens alot more than the average person figures.

I once was determining how much a parcel being developed should pay a city (based on 2% of the land value). the owner had a hissy fit about paying $2K for an appraisal and said "I just had this appraisal done for a mortgage, why don't you use it?" Problem is it valued the property at $140 psf, when I knew the land could not be worth more than $60 psf. I asked him if he really wanted to give the city all that money based on the inflated value. The synapses in his brain finally clicked and he paid the money for the appraisal.

So the value was inflated to get a loan on the property and I don't think financial institutions are that stupid. Maybe some rather informal transactions happening. In dudley do right Canada.

I am guessing it is because Trump is a loud mouth and he has pissed off enough people so he is in the gun sights for something many others have perhaps gotten away with.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:18 pm

Now even more so.

Tish James is great. She nails Cuomo. Cuomo claimed she did it for political reasons and now Trump is claiming the same thing.

Cuomo and Trump were buds back in the day. Which is why his time as AG was not spent pursuing the Trump University Fraud. Hell, neither he nor Eliot Spitzer even stopped Trump University from calling itself "University" (in Violation of NYS Law) when they were AG.

Anyway, what James does is destroy fraudulent companies. Trump probably will not go to jail for having classified documents and obstruction of justice since his lawyers are all pals with his prosecutors and his rabid fans are armed and dangerous.

So they will puss out. James won't.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:57 pm

Kurt wrote:Trump probably will not go to jail for having classified documents

You're right, he won't, because then Democrats might have to go to jail for having classified documents. I wonder what would be turned up if the FBI raided all the documents that Obama took with him when he left office looking for classified documents.

In any event, I think the two most likely scenarios for the raid are:

1) the FBI and the DOJ were after incriminating documents that Trump could use in his lawsuit regarding Crossfire Hurricane
2) the Biden admin went on a fishing expedition to drum up Biden's flagging poll numbers and give some momentum going into the mid-terms

Rather than some newfound respect for the handling of classified materials by OCAs.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:53 pm

Tarkan wrote:
You're right, he won't, because then Democrats might have to go to jail for having classified documents.

Huh?

Are you saying because Trump has Classified documents the Democrats would too? How do you figure this?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:01 am

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:
You're right, he won't, because then Democrats might have to go to jail for having classified documents.

Huh?

Are you saying because Trump has Classified documents the Democrats would too? How do you figure this?

Well, he’s gotta make shit up to change the subject, point fingers at Democrats yet providing no receipts, but this subject is too big to change. “But her emails” blah blah blah, or harping on that sad sack Hunter Biden, pizza parties populated by pedophilees, Obama wearing a tan suit that time etc etc etc Again, this is big. It’s not a criminal case, it’s a civil case, though Letitia did say it’d be up to the DOJ to prosecute should they choose.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:14 pm

Trump had a good run.
40 years of inflating value for loans / deflating value for taxes. 30 years of being a Russian asset, rabid death cult following and Secret Service protection after being elected President once.
He will not die in jail. He will not die "poor" as the redt of our country knows poverty.
If he "retired" he might have a good 15 or 20 years left if he takes after his dad.
He won't though.
My prediction is he is gonna be killed by a mid level Trumpworld MAGA chump who realized he chucked his life, money and reputation away on an orange colored weirdo.
Probably the real reason Guiliani is not in his orbit anymore is to protect Trump from the impulsive alcoholic he fucked over...but it will be someone similar to Rudy.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:11 am

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

Huh?

I'm saying that, in the words of Comey, "no reasonable prosecutor would indict."
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:14 am

Kurt wrote:Trump had a good run.
40 years of inflating value for loans / deflating value for taxes. 30 years of being a Russian asset, rabid death cult following and Secret Service protection after being elected President once.
He will not die in jail. He will not die "poor" as the redt of our country knows poverty.
If he "retired" he might have a good 15 or 20 years left if he takes after his dad.
He won't though.
My prediction is he is gonna be killed by a mid level Trumpworld MAGA chump who realized he chucked his life, money and reputation away on an orange colored weirdo.
Probably the real reason Guiliani is not in his orbit anymore is to protect Trump from the impulsive alcoholic he fucked over...but it will be someone similar to Rudy.

LOL. I agree there's a good chance someone tries to kill Trump, but it won't be a MAGA chump, it'll be some deranged leftist like that 41 year old dude the other day that "felt threatened" by the "right-wing" 18-year old, and so chased him down and ran him over in his SUV.

Or, if it looks like Trump is going to run and win again, the Intelligence Community will do a Huey Long on him.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:16 am

seektravelinfo wrote:
Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

Huh?

Well, he’s gotta make shit up to change the subject, point fingers at Democrats yet providing no receipts, but this subject is too big to change. “But her emails” blah blah blah, or harping on that sad sack Hunter Biden, pizza parties populated by pedophilees, Obama wearing a tan suit that time etc etc etc Again, this is big. It’s not a criminal case, it’s a civil case, though Letitia did say it’d be up to the DOJ to prosecute should they choose.

I think it's bad enough people like you elected someone in the full throes of senile dementia and are proud of it. Biden isn't even aware when he shits himself on any given day, but he's ostensibly running our country.

But, never fear, Kamala "the border is secure" is waiting to take over.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:05 pm

Tarkan wrote:
LOL. I agree there's a good chance someone tries to kill Trump, but it won't be a MAGA chump, it'll be some deranged leftist like that 41 year old dude the other day that "felt threatened" by the "right-wing" 18-year old, and so chased him down and ran him over in his SUV.

Or, if it looks like Trump is going to run and win again, the Intelligence Community will do a Huey Long on him.

I thought you were an advocate of running down threatening people with cars?

Never heard of this incident you mention, doesn't mean it does not exist but I just have no reference to it.

I really doubt a Lefty Assassin could get close enough to Trump to murder him. During Jan 6th Trump was not afraid of his followers who were armed in spite of the fact that the secret service did not let him go to the Capitol, so we know he tries to talk his own security people into dropping their training on his word. Plus the amount of people who pretty much lost everything to his and his tag-alongs "donation" schemes.

The problem with people who dig authoritarian movements is that they do not hold themselves accountable when things go bad. To them the Leader is to blame since they did what they were told, they are not to blame. We know this is not true, but reality has nothing to do with how they will choose to act.

For example that one toothless guy who was a big organizer of the Freedom Convoy and 1776 Restoration movement. He donated all his money his father left him and then promptly got kicked out.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1527933103901003777

Dudes like this would never be allowed near Trump but a dude like that with decent teeth and a suit that fits? Yah, maybe.
I always figured it would be a "Brad Parscale-like" person. In Trump's orbit. Gets screwed. Stays in Trump's orbit offering to do more work but then gets angry that they are not being acknowledged. All it takes is a Secret Service agent dumb enough to listen to Trump and let the guy in and "We Interrupt this Program for a Special News Bulletin"
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:08 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

Huh?

I'm saying that, in the words of Comey, "no reasonable prosecutor would indict."

But what does that have to do with Democrats having illegal documents as well?

You are reverting to the "Code Language" of conspiracy guys.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:38 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

I thought you were an advocate of running down threatening people with cars?

It was more of running down mobs of people trying to pull people out of cars, rather than chasing people down and murdering them with cars. Slight point of distinction.

Never heard of this incident you mention, doesn't mean it does not exist but I just have no reference to it.

https://www.aol.com/north-dakota-man-te ... 23313.html

North Dakota.

I really doubt a Lefty Assassin could get close enough to Trump to murder him. During Jan 6th Trump was not afraid of his followers who were armed in spite of the fact that the secret service did not let him go to the Capitol, so we know he tries to talk his own security people into dropping their training on his word. Plus the amount of people who pretty much lost everything to his and his tag-alongs "donation" schemes.

Ex-Presidents only get 4 SS agents assigned to them, if I recall correctly.

And if the Powers that Be want him dead, they'll find a way to make it happen.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:43 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

Huh?

But what does that have to do with Democrats having illegal documents as well?

You are reverting to the "Code Language" of conspiracy guys.

It's not code language. Right now we have a sample size of 1. We don't know if former Presidents taking classified documents (inadvertently or intentionally) home with them is common, uncommon, or if only Trump has done it.

You can't really trust the Democrats nor the anti-Trump Republicans on the issue though.

The prior treatment of high level Democrats who mishandled classified info and then lied about it repeatedly and had their staff lie about it (i.e. Hillary) is that it isn't that big of a deal. If all of a sudden it is a big deal, then that opens more than just Trump up to legal jeopardy. That is, if we had a system where important Democrats who broke the law were actually arrested and prosecuted (which of course, we don't).
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe