Death Tolls

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Death Tolls

Postby ROB » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:17 am

USA: 265 per 100k
UK: 230 per 100k
Australia: 13 per 100k

But sure, you guys should be lecturing us.

Fucking clowns.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re: Death Tolls

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:17 am

ROB wrote:USA: 265 per 100k
UK: 230 per 100k
Australia: 13 per 100k

But sure, you guys should be lecturing us.

Fucking clowns.

Pretty soon our people talking about your people's "Gestapo" tactics will be dead.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:13 pm

Try as I might, I cannot bring myself to be happy about that.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:55 pm

ROB wrote:Try as I might, I cannot bring myself to be happy about that.

There is a "movement" that is claiming the "left" tried to murder "the right" by telling them to be vaccinated.

How? The Left knew the Right would do the opposite of whatever they said so that is why the Left said it.

2022 this will become an actual issue when voting losses are similar to the margins of those that have died. This fact is probably why DeSantis of Florida wants to seize the voting procedure of the state.

Part of me says "Hell, yah! If that is what you think we are doing, then get vaccinated! Pwn the Libtards by doing the exact opposite of what we want and take "The Trump Vaccine"

I hope they take the vax but I am totally done with allowing just an inkling of their bullshit ideas to creep into real life anymore.

Even more annoying than them is the Pharma people who won't open the patents and allow the rest of the world to create cheap vaccines so that variants cannot develop. Four co-workers of mine got hit with it, they are doing fine but it did a job of circumventing the vax and the masks (NYC is different than much of the US with mask wearing). Much the liberal EU and the USA could make that happen with a declaration.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:09 pm

Kurt wrote: There is a "movement" that is claiming the "left" tried to murder "the right" by telling them to be vaccinated.

How? The Left knew the Right would do the opposite of whatever they said so that is why the Left said it.

That's how those kids getting abstinence-only sex education end up being teen moms.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:56 pm

el3so wrote:
Kurt wrote: There is a "movement" that is claiming the "left" tried to murder "the right" by telling them to be vaccinated.

That's how those kids getting abstinence-only sex education end up being teen moms.

I saw an anti-drug film when I was 15 that made me want to use Acid. Took me 3 years to find it and it was actually much better than the anti-drug film made it out to be.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:21 pm

Last August I went to Oklahoma to help out my cousin with her knee surgery, saint that I am. She has a couple of no-account step-brothers from her fathers 2nd marriage. They don’t work, just live off mama’s oil royalties, though one of them runs some kind of evangelist ministry scam with his wife. Needless to say, the evangelists are anti-vax and anti-mask. The reverend wife came over one day with her two ultra-pale and seemingly malnourished sons (they’re home-schooled) to use the pool. That’s fine. What stuck in my craw though was that she wore a tshirt with the word “Freedom” embroidered across the front and it felt like a provocation. The smug bitch. So I just sat a good 30 feet away and glared at her while sucking on my pot vape. The terrible thing is that Mama (my cousin’s stepmother) in her ‘80’s was just diagnosed with a rare form of stomach cancer that will kill her, surgery or not. Regardless, her holy-roller son and his wife still refuse to vaxx or mask, for any reason. “Freedom”.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:23 pm

Did she wear a seatbelt on the way there?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:52 pm

We have a few areas in the US where the toll is more than 1 in 130 people. One fluke of a county in Texas (I say fluke because it is so sparsely populated) has a 1 in 93 fatality rate for COVID.
So we have some areas that have a death rate of 900 per 100,000 people.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:42 pm

Freedom.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:05 am

Kurt wrote:There is a "movement" that is claiming the "left" tried to murder "the right" by telling them to be vaccinated.

This is literally the greatest thing that has ever happened.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe