My parents and sister got COVID

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

My parents and sister got COVID

Postby Kurt » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:14 pm

Mom (83) and sister (58) had the sniffles and a dry cough. Dad (84) had no symptoms except for his voice got a bit rough.

Probably be a bit different for me if they had not been vaxxed and boosted. We are guessing Dad got it from a Kiwanis Club meeting that served coffee and he and others took off their masks to drink the coffee.

My sister works at a bank and has maskless anti-vax retards come in and demand that she and he staff take off their masks, cuz snowflake cunts cannot be made to feel uncomfortable.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: My parents and sister got COVID

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:47 pm

I hope they get well soon mate.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Kurt » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:54 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:I hope they get well soon mate.

Thansk!

So far so good. The only thing that worries me is how this virus has the tendency to be like "I am better, will be back to normal soon" then suddenly "boom! I am dead"

But no fever and they have no problem breathing so I am quite sure it will turn out well.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:19 am

Good luck to them mate. Situation sucks. Hope they do well.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:34 am

Not much of a prayer warrior but rooting for a speedy recovery.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Kurt » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:43 am

ROB wrote:Good luck to them mate. Situation sucks. Hope they do well.

They are doing great. Itd be such a different situation without the vaccine.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re:

Postby Kurt » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:44 am

el3so wrote:Not much of a prayer warrior but rooting for a speedy recovery.

Itsworking. They just had some wine with afrozen pizza.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:53 am

Kurt wrote:Mom (83) and sister (58) had the sniffles and a dry cough. Dad (84) had no symptoms except for his voice got a bit rough.

Probably be a bit different for me if they had not been vaxxed and boosted. We are guessing Dad got it from a Kiwanis Club meeting that served coffee and he and others took off their masks to drink the coffee.

My sister works at a bank and has maskless anti-vax retards come in and demand that she and he staff take off their masks, cuz snowflake cunts cannot be made to feel uncomfortable.

You realize they could have just as easily got it from someone that was vaxxed, right?

My family got covid from my brother-in-law, who was vaxxed, and had covid previously.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:54 am

Kurt wrote:
speedy recovery.

Itsworking. They just had some wine with afrozen pizza.
Scandinavian cuisine...
Glad to hear it!
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Kurt » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:56 am

Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:Mom (83) and sister (58) had the sniffles and a dry cough. Dad (84) had no symptoms except for his voice got a bit rough.

You realize they could have just as easily got it from someone that was vaxxed, right?

My family got covid from my brother-in-law, who was vaxxed, and had covid previously.

My dad probably did but when unvaxxed yellers cone into a bank and yell "mask off!" and throw a spitty hissy snit until they are asked to leave I will blame them.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:12 am

Tarkan wrote: You realize they could have just as easily got it from someone that was vaxxed, right?
Not an MD or virologist myself but allow me to express doubt about the "just as easily part" of that sentence.
Besides, the whole point of the vaccine is to, unlike those masks, protect yourself. Glad you and yours recovered as well Tark.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:26 am

Kurt wrote: yell "mask off!" and throw a spitty hissy snit until they are asked to leave I will blame them.
LOL making a scene in a bank means you either have a lot of money or none at all. If you get asked to leave I bet it was the latter.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby snaark » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:58 am

All the best for your family, Kurt.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:46 am

Tarkan wrote:

That's the point. The vaccination doesn't protect you from getting COVID. It protects you from dying, or getting really, really sick from it. You can still get it and spread it.

Just under 75% of the people now dying of it are people who are not vaccinated. And the health care costs from people buying all the propaganda and clogging up all the ICU beds are enormous. And the masks now, are to protect these people from us that can carry it.

Go figure.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:34 pm

How are they feeling? I hope that their illness is minimal and that their recovery is smooth.

I’m thinking of getting a 2nd booster. Can’t hurt, except the day following of headache and malaise with that icky feeling of existential dread, which is what I imagine the long Covid would be like.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe