Red State Violence Is Out of Control

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Red State Violence Is Out of Control

Postby Kurt » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:32 pm

Of course that is hyperbole on my part but being told that violent crime is "skyrocketing" in NYC for the past two years is more so.

Especially when compared to the endemic violence in places like Missouri, Arkansas and Louisiana.

But "Urban Decay" plays in the media better than "Suburban Decay" even if the Urban part is a slight increase.

Anyway. Car Show. Arkansas. Damn!

https://nypost.com/2022/03/19/arkansas- ... t-10-hurt/

The "Pretend We Are Not Middle Of The Road Democrats" Third Way has noticed this too.

https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-red ... er-problem

But they omitted Democratic Nevada and Georgia. Which are right up there with the Southern Red States.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Red State Violence Is Out of Control

Postby Tarkan » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:06 pm

This, uh, "car show" looked to be attended by people who probably voted Democrat.

Felony violence in America is largely a black thing (by largely, I mean over 50% of the offenders and victims). White offender and victimization rates are largely within OECD norms. Asians within the US are significantly better than OECD norms.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:38 am

^and why do you think that is?
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby ROB » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:47 am

sparrow wrote:^and why do you think that is?

It's Tarkan. He thinks it's cos blacks are naturally bad.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:24 pm

Tarkan wrote:This, uh, "car show" looked to be attended by people who probably voted Democrat.

Felony violence in America is largely a black thing (by largely, I mean over 50% of the offenders and victims). White offender and victimization rates are largely within OECD norms. Asians within the US are significantly better than OECD norms.

Yep. When "Crime is out of control in Democrat Run Cities" it means Black People, even when crime is lower in Democrat run places. When people point out the endemic violence in red states its "oh, thats black people".

That is the true white supremacy in America. It not cross burnings or the neo nazis.

Its the idea that black people ruin things by their presence so their presence must be controlled. Urban democrats dont want to control them so their crime spikes. Ted states want to control them but are hobbled by civil rights legislation.

So police often find themselves doing an extra judicial killing, which is both needed but unfortunate. It is unfortunate because democrat outrage at the killing stops the killing which then emboldens blacks to commit crime.
Thats how people think here.
You know I am not lying either.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:13 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:This, uh, "car show" looked to be attended by people who probably voted Democrat.

Yep. When "Crime is out of control in Democrat Run Cities" it means Black People, even when crime is lower in Democrat run places. When people point out the endemic violence in red states its "oh, thats black people".

That is the true white supremacy in America. It not cross burnings or the neo nazis.

Its the idea that black people ruin things by their presence so their presence must be controlled. Urban democrats dont want to control them so their crime spikes. Ted states want to control them but are hobbled by civil rights legislation.

So police often find themselves doing an extra judicial killing, which is both needed but unfortunate. It is unfortunate because democrat outrage at the killing stops the killing which then emboldens blacks to commit crime.
Thats how people think here.
You know I am not lying either.

Truth. Makes me think of a conversation with a friend last week about taking public transit to and from the airport. A win-win.
Cheap, dependable, convenient.

My friend took the train from the airport recently. Here’s her spin of how it went:
Boarded train at airport. Few stops later two young black men boarded.
They were wearing Canada Goose™️ coats, which are expensive.
The young black men were out to perpetrate crime, conclusion reached because of their expensive outerwear.
The young black men were talking amongst themselves. Again, an indication of ill-intent.
The young black men moved to exit the train a few stops before my friend.
The young black men were provocative in doing so, as their stop was in a blighted inner-city section of the city, eg an indication of thuggery.
The young black men walked past my friend and her suitcase to exit the train. This was a clear indication of their intent to steal her suitcase.
My friend advises against taking the train to the airport, because there will be young black men on it.
That’s how white people think.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:14 pm

ROB wrote:

Wrong.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:24 pm

Tarkan wrote:
ROB wrote:

Wrong.

The Democrats, through their policies, made blacks bad?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:56 pm

Another thing that is funny is the lowest violence and crime in NYC's record was during DeBlasio, pre-pandemic. He ended Stop-And-Frisk during this time, Cops turned their back on him out of protest but crime dropped anyway.

The Pandemic brought crime up to Bloomberg and Giuliani levels. Which is still better than lets say Ogden Utah (which also has a low crime rate but not as low as NYC) But since NYC is 30% white and Ogden Utah is about 80% white you really will never hear about the "Crime Surge in Ogden" (even though there is no surge in Ogden, but there is no surge in NYC either, just an increase like most areas after COVID-19)

The deal is that mixed race places = high crime. Even if that is not true, that is what the press will talk about, Especially the New York Post. And mixed race places tend to be Democrat, so the crime is blamed on Democrats unless sane people like Giuliani are in power.

But when it comes to Republican places with high crime, then that is solely on the shoulders of the black population. "Red State = White Residents" when the topic of how shitty they are at managing criminals of any race, because there always has to be some degree of official segregation.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:22 am

Are we talking about crime (because there is plenty of crime in white neighborhoods) or are we talking about violent crime which is disproportionately inflicted on and perpetrated by blacks, specifically black males aged 15-49? Said another way, 3% of the population commits about 50% of the homicides and are also the victims of around 40% of the homicides. The vast majority of which are happening in urban areas that have been run by Democrats for decades. But somehow it's the fault of Republican voters I guess...
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:59 pm

Tarkan wrote:Are we talking about crime (because there is plenty of crime in white neighborhoods) or are we talking about violent crime which is disproportionately inflicted on and perpetrated by blacks, specifically black males aged 15-49? Said another way, 3% of the population commits about 50% of the homicides and are also the victims of around 40% of the homicides. The vast majority of which are happening in urban areas that have been run by Democrats for decades. But somehow it's the fault of Republican voters I guess...

Violent Crime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... crime_rate

DC is still the most violent place in the US. It is also one of the most thoroughly redlined cities in the US. Their federally funded subway avoids black neighborhoods while city funded buses serve them. DC can vote for whatever it wants but Congress can nix it. Like their voting to allow Marijuana legalization and the Feds under Trump and Biden have stopped them from allowing it.

But after that it is all Red State.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... crime_rate

Some are, like Baltimore , Detroit and Chicago but NYC is tied with Garland Texas for violent crime rates But the top 20 is 11 out of 20 of America's most violent cities are in Republican lead states. 7 out of 10 of America's most violent states are Republican lead.

Violence is not the Republicans fault, but clearly they are not as good at stopping it or other crimes as they claim to be and Democrat run places like NYC are on par with Garland Texas for crime.

In 2020 the US Cities that made the news for being Violent all had violent crime rates lower than London in 2020 (NYC, Seattle and Portland) but those cities had a higher murder rate than London.

The problem with the narrative is that idiot Democrats believe it too. Ask a democrat if Progressive policies increase crime and they will say "yes". But the fact that DeBlasio has had the lowest crime rate of any mayor until Covid-19 and the crime rate dropped after ending stop and frisk (probably because people who did not want to be stopped and frisked were arrested for assaulting a police officer). Covid-19 brought crime up to Giulliani and Bloomber levels....Something you will never read about.

The one constant with violent crime is lead.

Baltimore and Chicago are the most studied lead poisoning areas of the nation and lead contamination in the soil follows high crime neighborhoods to a tee.

If you even want to have more fun, look at Death By Firearms stats (both crime and non-crime) and you will swear to god that people in Alaska spend a lot of time accidentally shooting themselves.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:24 am

Interesting that you would compare Garland and NYC.

Garland: 27% non-Hispanic White, 14% Black, 12.4% Asian, 43% Hispanic
NYC: 30.9% non-Hispanic White, 20.2% Black, 15.6% Asian, 28.7% Hispanic

NYC is obviously far more urban than Garland (although at 240,000 people, Garland isn't a small town by any stretch), but the demographics are close enough that it doesn't disprove the generalities around violent crime: Blacks > Latinos > Whites > Asians.

Re: lead exposure, careful, you might validate Murray and Herrnstein's thesis that lower IQ = worse individual and societal outcomes with respect to criminality, income, et al.

Despite what Rob thinks I think regarding some sort of racial uber alles, I would posit there are quite a few factors that result in the outcome of blacks being responsible for a grossly disproportionate share of violent crime. One is drugs and the drug war and the (intentional or not) utilization of black neighborhoods as drug trafficking free trade zones. A LOT of murders - probably the majority - are drug and gang related. The destruction of the nuclear family is another. For all the talk of "it takes a village to raise a child", no, it takes fathers to raise boys, and for around 80% of black kids, the fathers aren't active members of the household. That's bad when it's middle class kids, it's devastating when it's poor kids in an urban environment where the kids are easy prey to drug gangs. This is true if you are a black kid in East St. Louis or a Mexican kid in Juarez Mexico. Thirdly, the popularization of gangster culture in movies and music hasn't helped. And lastly, it's all the fault of the Scots-Irish. Thomas Sowell made a decent argument that black ghetto culture is simply a perpetuation of American Scots-Irish culture from the middle and late1800s.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:41 am

Tarkan wrote:The destruction of the nuclear family is another.

Well yeah, maybe
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:00 pm

sparrow wrote:

Well yeah, maybe

The nuclear family is a construct that came into being early 20C. To cling to it and to impose it as a lifestyle is short-sighted.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:37 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:
sparrow wrote:

Well yeah, maybe

The nuclear family is a construct that came into being early 20C. To cling to it and to impose it as a lifestyle is short-sighted.

The nuclear family has been the norm in English speaking countries since the 13th Century.

And thus, it's been the norm in the United States since colonial times.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe