This will trigger Tarkan

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

This will trigger Tarkan

Postby ROB » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:04 am

ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re: This will trigger Tarkan

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:35 am

Mericas latest affirmative action hire. And soft on nonces too. Well done Merica, well done indeed.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Tarkan » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:16 pm

My current boss is black. I'm not sure why you think I'm triggered by black people Rob.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:03 am

So you have a friend who's black?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:27 pm

ROB wrote:So you have a friend who's black?

No, I have a boss who is black, and somehow, despite my racism (according to you), I'm not seething with resentment over it.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:57 am

Tarkan wrote:
ROB wrote:So you have a friend who's black?

No

FTFY
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:45 pm

Riveting.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby ROB » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:28 am

el3so wrote:Riveting.

Your contributions certainly raise the bar.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:36 pm

^It's all fascinating I'm sure.

Did anyone notice the pre-amp to WWIII? Or is no one paying attention any more and praying to their god or something.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby el3so » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:26 am

ROB wrote:
el3so wrote:Riveting.

Your contributions certainly raise the bar.
For premium content, sign up to my newsletter.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:14 pm

What you’ve done here, Rob, is race-baiting. While there are some on this board who are undeniably racist, you’ve baited a member into extolling and advancing American racism. To what end? What did you hope to accomplish? By posting a photo of a learned, accomplished and qualified black woman in the context of this thread, you have diminished her. That may not have been your intent, I dunno, but you’ve invited vitriol to be directed at her. There’s plenty of that going around. Why encourage it?

As far as anyone not liking what I have to say about that, they can piss up a rope. I don’t know where that phrase comes from. I heard my daddy use it once. So, changing the subject, does anyone know the etymology of the phrase “he can go piss up a rope”?

Meanwhile, all you racists on here: Go piss up a rope.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:55 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:What you’ve done here, Rob, is race-baiting.

Be fair. It's also gender baiting.

By posting a photo of a learned, accomplished and qualified black woman in the context of this thread, you have diminished her.

If that is what happened in your eyes, then maybe you need to look a little closer to home.

Why encourage it?

I love that you are so profoundly up your own ass that it doesn't even occur to you that you are doing the very thing you're accusing me of.

This is a discussion board. We discuss all things. This isn't hard to grasp.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

trigger

Postby el3so » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:47 am

seektravel wrote:race-baiting
Does that involve water melons?
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:31 am

ROB wrote: This is a discussion board. We discuss all things.
Maybe you do, I mostly come here to talk sh!t to strangers online... in English ;-)

So anyway, let's say that I were to be a racist, I can understand if your view of me as an online persona would be affected but would it change anything really as long as I was being honest, as in not disingenuous, in my posts? We should still be able to have a civil conversation, an exchange of ideas and whatnot even if we cannot change each other's mindset if not for lack of trying.
It's probably my 10% cishet male privilege drunk personality speaking but it's IMO like trying to get someone to try seafood or fish and failing just because their mom fucked up fish-sticks or they got hung up on a fish bone 10 years ago. Shellfish allergies eh, those don't exist in this metaphor. IRL I feel a bit sad for them as in missing out on a part of reality (quite a couple of billion non-whites in that current world population) because of what is partly to blame on human social nature, kicking down licking up, blaming minorities for structural problems and all that; but in the end I can still appreciate them as an individual.

OT: I don't have any black friends, some acquaintances sure but none of them have those magical negro qualities Hollywood was pushing to help us see each other as, well, regular people. Down with coloured chicks too, hope seeks doesn't think that makes me objectify them, dunno about skin-deep even if it were consensual but as far as I know, it's all pink on the inside.

Little love for lawyers. Guess we all have that in common...
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:03 pm

ROB wrote:
This is a discussion board. We discuss all things. This isn't hard to grasp.

Well then grab hold of it would you? Now, to discuss, when you posted her photo to get a laugh the astonishing vitriol directed against her by members of our U.S. Senate while in chamber was still fresh.

Because this is (your words) a discussion board perhaps you can learn to grasp that discussion MUST require comprehension ….. something to work on as you seem to have missed the gist of my original comment on this thread.

Your statement “I love that you are so profoundly up your own ass that it doesn’t even occur to you that you are doing the very thing you’re accusing me of” is nonsensical, right out of the alt-right/proudboys/boogaloo playbook. That’s what they do, flip the argument and throw in an insult so as to save face because that’s easier than thinking.

Aren’t you better than that?
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe