Listen Up Snowflakes!

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re:

Postby Kurt » Tue May 31, 2022 2:12 am

el3so wrote:
Kurt wrote: and he said "never. No responsible person would sell an M-16 to a member of the public without military training and no instructor would risk having a class of M-16 users in case a user was mentally unstable and homicidal.

Quaint. Sounds like those people that believed the invention of the machine gun would be the end of all wars.

He believed that gun sellers and firearms trainers had set standards that would not change.

He still alive and 94. Probably somewhat disappointed.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Re:

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue May 31, 2022 2:44 pm

Kurt wrote:
el3so wrote:
Kurt wrote: and he said "never. No responsible person would sell an M-16 to a member of the public without military training and no instructor would risk having a class of M-16 users in case a user was mentally unstable and homicidal.

Quaint. Sounds like those people that believed the invention of the machine gun would be the end of all wars.

He believed that gun sellers and firearms trainers had set standards that would not change.

Probably in his wildest dreams he didn’t know that there would be a place for family outings called Bullets and Burgers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Charles_Vacca
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue May 31, 2022 3:27 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:
Kurt wrote:
el3so wrote:

Probably in his wildest dreams he didn’t know that there would be a place for family outings called Bullets and Burgers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Charles_Vacca

When I was 10 age it was single shot, bolt action .22 only. The idea was that if a kid fucked up they would fuck up slowly and with a single shot. Still probably not the best idea to have me and my friend wandering alone with a .22 out in the woods but my instructor neighbor approved and we never loaded it unless we were going to shoot.

Burgers and Bullets is clearly a fetish thing. The dude's death by 9 year old girl was a sacrifice to that fetish.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Listen Up Snowflakes!

Postby Tarkan » Tue May 31, 2022 8:08 pm

Kurt wrote:Self protection should always be a right. Once we are made, by law, to suffer harm for someone else or for something else we will therefore have no rights.

But an AR-15 makes it so even an armed citizen might not have a chance to defend themselves even while toting an AR -15 at walmart.

https://coercioncode.com/2022/05/31/wom ... ith-ar-15/

And yet, here a man with an AR-15 was shot and killed while shooting at a crowd by a woman armed with a gun. Apparently she had more balls than the Uvalde PD and the US Marshals did when little kids were being murdered.

There is nothing magical about an AR-15. It's not a death ray, the bullet it fires isn't particularly powerful, and the vast majority of gun homicides in the United States are done with pistols, not rifles.

But if someone has homicidal intent and they decide it's your day to die, it's hard to overcome an initiative, surprise, and intent disadvantage, even if you have an AR-15 and they have a single shot rifle.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:41 pm

Kurt wrote:The dude's death by 9 year old girl was a sacrifice
Freedom isn't free.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Listen Up Snowflakes!

Postby ROB » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:40 pm

Tarkan wrote:But if someone has homicidal intent and they decide it's your day to die, it's hard to overcome an initiative, surprise, and intent disadvantage, even if you have an AR-15 and they have a single shot rifle.

You realise that's an own goal, right?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe