Trump Was ‘At the Center’ of Effort to Overturn Election

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Trump Was ‘At the Center’ of Effort to Overturn Election

Postby ROB » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:30 am

Jan. 6 Committee Finds Trump Was ‘At the Center’ of ‘Coordinated, Multi-Step Effort’ to Overturn 2020 Election Results

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol has placed former president Donald Trump “at the center” of what the committee says is a conspiracy to subvert the will of American voters.

“We will reveal new details showing that Jan. 6 was the result of a coordinated, multi-step effort to overturn the results of the 2020 election,” an aide for the bipartisan committee told reporters.

“Donald J. Trump was at the center of that effort,” the aide added.

The committee—officially called the House Select Committee to Investigate the Jan. 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol—will hold its first public hearings Thursday night, with live testimony from two witnesses: Caroline Edwards, a Capitol police officer, and Nick Quested, a documentary filmmaker.

Edwards is believed to be the first law enforcement injured by rioters at the Capitol that day. According to court records, she was knocked to the ground when Ryan Samsel and others pushed a police barricade back and forth in an attempt to overturn it. Edwards suffered a concussion; Samsel is currently in custody on multiple assault charges stemming from the Jan. 6 melee.

Quested is a documentary filmmaker who was following Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio in the days leading up to the Capitol siege. His film crew was reportedly with Tarrio when he met Stewart Rhodes, leader of the right-wing anti-government Oath Keepers group, in an underground parking garage on Jan. 5. Both Tarrio and Rhodes have been charged with seditious conspiracy.

Quested “documented the movements around the Capitol” the morning of Jan. 6 and, according to the committee, “captured on film the first moments of violence against Capitol police, and the chaos that ensued.”

The aide declined to answer a question about whether Quested is expected to testify about Rhodes or Tarrio, whose indictment became public earlier this week. The Department of Justice estimated on Wednesday that their sprawling investigation has resulted in more than 840 arrests. About 255 people charged have been accused of assaulting or impeding law enforcement that day.

In addition to the live testimony, the aide said, the committee will share “substantial new material documenting the violence of Jan. 6 itself that the committee has obtained in the course of its investigation.”

That material will reportedly include senior Trump White House officials, senior Trump administration officials, campaign officials, and Trump family members, the aide said.

Over the course of several hearings, the aide said, the committee will present “a mountain of new information” that is key to understanding what led to the Jan. 6 riot.

The aide added that the investigation has revealed that there is a “clear indication of ongoing threats to American democracy.”

The committee is expected to make recommendations to Congress on how to address that threat, but the aide did not reveal whether the committee will make criminal referrals, a longtime source of contention. In December, the committee’s vice chair, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), raised eyebrows when she read the statutory language for obstruction of an official proceeding, a felony, in relation to Trump’s conduct.

A federal judge in California later found Trump “likely” committed that offense in a pair of rulings awarding the committee emails from Trump’s lawyer John Eastman, the author of six-part plan to overturn the election dubbed the “coup memo.” The same rulings found that Trump and Eastman likely conspired to defraud the government.

On Wednesday afternoon, the committee was slated to receive the second set of disclosures from Eastman as a result of that ruling. That will add to the massive record the panel gathered from 1,000 interviews and more than 125,000 documents. Some of that information, the committee indicated, will be shown to the public for the first time during the hearings.

Law&Crime Adam Klasfeld contributed to this report.

https://lawandcrime.com/jan-6-committee ... n-results/
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re: Trump Was ‘At the Center’ of Effort to Overturn Election

Postby Kurt » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:33 am

I am watching this now.

I would have preferred these to have started right away, but better late than never.

Bennie Thompson used the word "Coup" too. For some reason the C-Word has been taboo in the Legislative branch until today.

Will the cops start to think of the Proud Boys as a bigger threat than Antifa? Probably not.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:20 am

This is the most feckless response to an insurrection in history. What would Edward Longshanks have made of this?
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:56 pm

snaark wrote:This is the most feckless response to an insurrection in history. What would Edward Longshanks have made of this?

It is a lame response.

My guess is that "something" changed. I think maybe Liz Cheney and the Democrats hoped to bring MAGA back into the Republicrat fold but instead they probably learned that Political militias were planning on killing them or something.

What should have happened is that they should have used Article 25 to remove Trump from office and then we would have had 15 days of President Pence. Public hearings should have convened right away. When I was a little kid I hated Nixon because the Watergate Hearings always canceled Captain Kangaroo and that was the only kids show until repeats of the Flintstone's came on at 3pm. But I remember that they held public hearings on TV and every day.

Three Militias tried to have a coup d' etat? The members should have been tossed in Leavenworth while awaiting trial...or for added humiliation GITMO. We could have siezed Kushner and Trump properties worldwide. We've done it for drug dealers, we had the laws and the means..But it was almost as if the Democrats couldn't believe that the past "special arrangement" on "Bipartisanship" was destroyed and the MAGAs were constantly dangling "Being cordial" and "Bipartisanship" in front of them to prevent them from showing their teeth.

I remember being the on Proud Boys channel of Telegram right afterwards and they were pissed Trump told them to go home. They asserted their need to "follow strength" and said "Maybe Biden is the strong one" If Biden had cracked the right Proud Boy heads, ironically he would have Alpha-Maled them into submission, but that oportunity was lost by January 22.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:11 pm

You guys are really watching this show trial bullshit?
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:28 pm

Tarkan wrote:You guys are really watching this show trial bullshit?

No. We made it up and are just having a discussion out of thin air.

Of course I am watching. It was an attempt to over-throw our elected government. Should have been done sooner and should have been hitting harder.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:36 pm

I am not watching for the above mentioned reason. I am reading a little about it in the NYT, but I probably spend more time doing the crossword.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:07 pm

Kurt wrote:

Of course I am watching. It was an attempt to over-throw our elected government. Should have been done sooner and should have been hitting harder.

I think you are confusing Russia gate and the 2020 election fraud with the Jan 6 protests.

The 2020 election fraud was the overthrow.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:10 pm

Kurt wrote:If Biden had cracked the right Proud Boy heads, ironically he would have Alpha-Maled them into submission, but that oportunity was lost by January 22.

Biden is so alpha he's augering the economy right into the dirt. His (handler's) policies give Maduro and Chavez a run for the money for sheer fucking stupidity.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:21 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:

I think you are confusing Russia gate and the 2020 election fraud with the Jan 6 protests.

Haaaaa! I see what you did there.

Nope. 2020 was legit. Trump lost and every court agreed. (oh yah, forgot the Deep State must have gotten to all those Trump appointed judges too. Maybe post a link to a website like "Bob's News and Grill" hosted in the Crimea that has proof the election was stolen from Trump)

Nope, we are talking about a Coup, and how Trump planned the Coup since his mailbox and mail removal scheme up unti the violent storming of the Capitol.
Luckily he was too much of a scatter-brained moron to pull it off. DeSantis probably could have pulled off a Coup but he would have actually taken over the institutions that would have permitted it as he is not charismatic enough to get a bunch of idiots to to storm the Capitol for him.

I thought it interesting that when they interviewed some of the participants they said "Trump has given me so much and only asked two things: To vote for him and to come to Washington on January 6th" I was kind of curious as to what Trump had given him but I suspect the answer was that Trump gave him Trump.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:22 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:If Biden had cracked the right Proud Boy heads, ironically he would have Alpha-Maled them into submission, but that oportunity was lost by January 22.

Biden is so alpha he's augering the economy right into the dirt. His (handler's) policies give Maduro and Chavez a run for the money for sheer fucking stupidity.

I said he could have played the Alpha and slapped them. They would have loved him if he had.

But he didn't.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:41 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:

Haaaaa! I see what you did there.

Nope. 2020 was legit. Trump lost and every court agreed. (oh yah, forgot the Deep State must have gotten to all those Trump appointed judges too. Maybe post a link to a website like "Bob's News and Grill" hosted in the Crimea that has proof the election was stolen from Trump)

Nope, we are talking about a Coup, and how Trump planned the Coup since his mailbox and mail removal scheme up unti the violent storming of the Capitol.
Luckily he was too much of a scatter-brained moron to pull it off. DeSantis probably could have pulled off a Coup but he would have actually taken over the institutions that would have permitted it as he is not charismatic enough to get a bunch of idiots to to storm the Capitol for him.

I thought it interesting that when they interviewed some of the participants they said "Trump has given me so much and only asked two things: To vote for him and to come to Washington on January 6th" I was kind of curious as to what Trump had given him but I suspect the answer was that Trump gave him Trump.

While of course the courts have the final say, the shit was stolen.

https://votepatternanalysis.substack.co ... s-2020?s=r
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:04 pm

Tarkan wrote:

So four dumps?

That means Wisconsin, Georgia and Michigan were all "in on it".

This fails to take into account things like election workers would have to be "in on it" (Most reported Trumpers banign on doors telling them to stop counting)

It's bullshit. You might believe this bullshit but it is bullshit all the same. But like I said way back in November..What is to be done about this if you believe that is true?

I could see, as could others that Trump was planning a Coup and our plan was to protest and general strike if he pulled it off.

What's your plan? I mean you just gonna post links or you just gonna sit back and take it?

I'd advise sitting back and taking it, since the thing you believe is not real and therefor not worth any risk, but certainly protesting, even in support of Bullshit is still legal. (unless you are a leftist, then its legal but you get your head stomped or you get hit by a car)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:15 pm

I heard that Fox News ran without commercials last night lest their viewers change the channel to other news stations during commercial breaks.

I’ve been watching Gaslit, a series about the late great Martha Mitchell and Watergate. History repeated itself. How many wives and girlfriends turned in their boyfriends and husbands that participated in the January 6 invasion/attempted coup?
A lot. That’s how many.
Last edited by seektravelinfo on Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:16 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

So four dumps?

That means Wisconsin, Georgia and Michigan were all "in on it".

This fails to take into account things like election workers would have to be "in on it" (Most reported Trumpers banign on doors telling them to stop counting)

It's bullshit. You might believe this bullshit but it is bullshit all the same. But like I said way back in November..What is to be done about this if you believe that is true?

I could see, as could others that Trump was planning a Coup and our plan was to protest and general strike if he pulled it off.

What's your plan? I mean you just gonna post links or you just gonna sit back and take it?

No, I'm not actively sitting back and taking it. I am semi-actively shit posting on forums like this.

My fallback plan when Biden's policies cause the collapse of civilization is to be the warlord of my cul-de-sac.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe