When I Was in Haiti in 2004...

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

When I Was in Haiti in 2004...

Postby Kurt » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:11 pm

It was basically a Civil War between Aristide supporters and Guy Phillipe supporters.

Since neither really had an army gangs would ambush supporters of the opposition.
Pretty sure the daily average body count is lower per capita than it is in the US this summer.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: When I Was in Haiti in 2004...

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:46 am

That shooter in Chicago looks like a total incel. He was even trying to flee cops in a Honda Fit.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:46 am

everyone knows chicks dig face tattoos - personally i put as much distance between myself and anyone that has one asap.

so his father ran for mayor of Highland Park in 2019 - crime car jackers and crazy people in the chicago metro area are off the charts and getting worse all the time.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:48 pm

Kurt wrote:It was basically a Civil War between Aristide supporters and Guy Phillipe supporters.

Since neither really had an army gangs would ambush supporters of the opposition.
Pretty sure the daily average body count is lower per capita than it is in the US this summer.

Easier for the right-wing when you can walk into the waiting arms of the cops who will give you a pat on the back and a water bottle. And if you don't get let off the hook like Rittenhouse, you go to jail where I'm sure the white supremacists there will take care of you.

--

No data for '04 but Haiti had 5.12 murders per 100k people[1] in 2007. In 2020, US had 7.5. [2]

[1] https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/H ... icide-rate

[2] https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe