Sydney Got More Rain in 4 Days Than London Does Annually

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Sydney Got More Rain in 4 Days Than London Does Annually

Postby ROB » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:53 am

Luckily Tarkan has established that climate change is a hoax, so it's all good.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re: Sydney Got More Rain in 4 Days Than London Does Annually

Postby Kurt » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:02 pm

I think I may be living in one of the few places on earth with "normal" weather this year.

Sydney was having a drought before all this right?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:51 pm

Naah pandemic. Then before that fires. Drought was before that.

Getting a bit irritating if I am honest.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:54 pm

Australia now has only two seasons: "underwater" and "on fire". I'm in Oz at the moment. It's the middle of winter and its 20deg and sunny. I've been to the beach nearly every day.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:59 pm

ROB wrote:Luckily Tarkan has established that climate change is a hoax, so it's all good.

Anthropogenic global warming is a hoax.

Climate change is a constant.

Or you can believe that atmospheric CO2 concentration going from 0.0032% to 0.0042% is pivotal and wrecking the global climate and starting riding your bike more, stop eating beef, and hang your clothes outside to do your part.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:05 pm

Tarkan wrote:
ROB wrote:Luckily Tarkan has established that climate change is a hoax, so it's all good.

Or you can believe that atmospheric CO2 concentration going from 0.0032% to 0.0042% is pivotal and wrecking the global climate and starting riding your bike more, stop eating beef, and hang your clothes outside to do your part.

I actually do not believe CO2 is the primary cause. I believe that pollution can and does cause Climate Change mostly through particulates. C02 is the measure of the level of pollution and it is a contributing factor (It cannot not be a contributing factor, just like increased water vapor cannot either)

So that is my vaguely conspiratorial belief. ..that and Democrats groom children for exploitation and hide them in basements of pizza parlors.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby denise » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:00 pm

I went on a 60 Minutes Australia binge recently and came across this one about floods in Lismore.

https://youtube.com/shorts/AHpQne2CEtw?feature=share

Not knowing anything about the place my feeling is they need to relocate - at least I would - that is just way too much to deal with on an ongoing basis.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:04 pm

Tarkan wrote:

Yup, and a few ppm lead in you drinking water won't hurt you either. Fuckin moron.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:05 pm

denise wrote:I went on a 60 Minutes Australia binge recently...

Now why in the wide world of sports would anyone do a thing like that?
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:41 pm

snaark wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

Yup, and a few ppm lead in you drinking water won't hurt you either. Fuckin moron.

LOL at you calling me a fucking moron. Legitimately funny. Especially comparing lead to CO2 and a global climate system to a body. Keep at it though, I'm sure your Greenpeace pamphlet on AGW taught you everything you need to know about everything, you fucking tosser.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:46 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

I actually do not believe CO2 is the primary cause. I believe that pollution can and does cause Climate Change mostly through particulates. C02 is the measure of the level of pollution and it is a contributing factor (It cannot not be a contributing factor, just like increased water vapor cannot either)

So that is my vaguely conspiratorial belief. ..that and Democrats groom children for exploitation and hide them in basements of pizza parlors.

Particulates tend to have a cooling effect, particularly sulfur particulates.

High(er) CO2 levels tend to be beneficial for plant growth (which is why greenhouses often pump CO2 in). More plant growth = more carbon sequestration.

Saying AGW is a hoax is not the same thing as saying humans aren't having a significantly negative impact on the environment. If you want to worry about ecological impact, overfishing and the polluting of the oceans is a much more pressing concern - this is going to kill a lot more people a lot sooner than global warming will.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:08 pm

snaark wrote:
denise wrote:I went on a 60 Minutes Australia binge recently...

Now why in the wide world of sports would anyone do a thing like that?

I fell into a rabbit hole and while it was interesting for the duration I experienced no thrill of victory or agony of defeat so I moved on.

anyway maybe it started with the land down under's take on the monarchy - what an anthropormorphic mess that is - all because they want to make sure Hurricane Diana disappears and is never mentioned again.

at least until Prince Charles kicks off and with their longevity that could be decades. so what I really want to know is will OZ become a republic and should I stop raining on ROB's parade and get off his thread?
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:23 am

Raining on ROB's parade is fun, so let's do that. Having an old English bitty as our head of state is deeply embarrassing, but I'm not convinced Australians can get past their own apathy to do anything about it.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:18 am

Particulates cause ice to melt. Less ice means more water in the atmosphere which is a "bigger" greenhouse gas than co2.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:18 am

Tarkan wrote:Anthropogenic global warming is a hoax.

The staggering arrogance of thinking you can state that when study after study demonstrates a consensus among actual experts is staggering.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

But sure, tell me you know more about it than fucking NASA.

Tarkan wrote:Climate change is a constant.

Yeah, I'll bet those NASA boobs never thought of that.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe