Bannon is Guilty

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Bannon is Guilty

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:28 pm

Both counts.

Minimum of 60 days in Jail and a max of 2 years.

His trial was funny. His lawyers seemed baffled when they complained to the judge that they could not mount a defense because the discovery phase basically showed they had no defense to mount. (they were hoping that executive privilege would be in place, but the Supreme court nixed that a while ago.)

He also made a total ass of himself challenging Bennie Thompson to come to his trial...without realizing that his team had to subpoena Thompson...that thing that he himself defied.

What is really amazing about this coup is that how easy it would have been for them to pull it off but they were about as dumb as the Democrats were oblivious.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Bannon is Guilty

Postby vagabond » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:07 pm

I mean, that's the scary part right? That they weren't competent this time.

Still...with a retrograde Supreme Court on lock plus the chance at making gerrymandering permanent for the time being, the GOP hasn't done too badly.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:53 am

vagabond wrote:I mean, that's the scary part right? That they weren't competent this time.

Still...with a retrograde Supreme Court on lock plus the chance at making gerrymandering permanent for the time being, the GOP hasn't done too badly.

Well, yeah, that's what happens when the Democrats pursue policies that intentionally wreck the economy and lie repeatedly about.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/in ... ice-growth

Let's go to war with domestic oil production! Great idea! That'll leave us in a great position to put pressure on Russia and Saudi Arabia!
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:59 pm

vagabond wrote:I mean, that's the scary part right? That they weren't competent this time.

Hubris. Stupidity. Magical thinking. Fox News. Thus, their incompetence.

That the sorry lot let themselves be goaded and guided by the likes of Steve Bannon, a surly loser who now finds himself backed into a corner and what does he do? Turns up the bombast with word salad that is nonsensical. Bombast has a shelf-life, and Bannon has reached his.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:41 am

seektravelinfo wrote:

Hubris. Stupidity. Magical thinking. Fox News. Thus, their incompetence.

That the sorry lot let themselves be goaded and guided by the likes of Steve Bannon, a surly loser who now finds himself backed into a corner and what does he do? Turns up the bombast with word salad that is nonsensical. Bombast has a shelf-life, and Bannon has reached his.

I fucking hope so. Because if you can't stop this nonsense here. Right now. You are fucked. Your whole country is fucked. So yeah, I fucking hope so. Because if you're fucked, we're also fucked. And who would want that.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Return to Black Flag Cafe