Has anyone ever …….

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Has anyone ever …….

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:33 pm

Taken the transatlantic ride on the Queen Mary 2?
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Re: Has anyone ever …….

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:51 pm

No. Last time I was on a passenger ship was the ferry from Liverpool to Belfast. Was going to do army stuff so was on their 10p and they paid for cabins. Usually when I take overnight transport I pass out drunk with my backpack as a pillow.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:52 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:No. Last time I was on a passenger ship was the ferry from Liverpool to Belfast. Was going to do army stuff so was on their 10p and they paid for cabins. Usually when I take overnight transport I pass out drunk with my backpack as a pillow.

I want to do that …. take the boat from Liverpool to Ireland. Next spring I’m crossing with my cousin on the big ship to England. It’s surprisingly not that expensive, no more than flying 1st Class. She’s rented a house in the Cotswolds for a month …. & this transport & lodging is on her dime … so yeah, I’m coming to England! and I expect to meet you for a drink my dear.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:15 pm

First rounds on me Seeks!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:33 am

Not the QM2 but I ended up on a cruise from Europe the Ft Lauderdale which actually was fun. Good food, cheap booze, stopped at places like the Faroes and Iceland. Choppy seas though.

When I was a kid also took the ferry from Liverpool to Dublin. Ok but not so high class
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe