Trump getting arrested?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Trump getting arrested?

Postby Tarkan » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:30 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:
Kurt wrote:She has a better chance of Primary-ing Biden. For some reason the Dems have been more praising of her, anti-choice warmonger, than Biden and Harris (not perfect by any means, but c'mon Dems)

If Cheney wants a "win" against Trump then she's gotta do a "Third Party" "Real Republicans" thing. That would totally fuck MAGA just as Andrew Yang's "third party" of....Andrew Yang? Would fuck the Dems.

It IS best to take a pause now and then to acknowledge that her platforms and voting record is not in our interest. Her commitment to the Jan. 6 investigations and hearings is such a huge RELIEF and people are grateful that a Republican is pushing back. So, she kinda gets a mulligan but there is an expiration date.

When Reagan was governor of California in the ‘60’s he signed the most liberal abortion bill that any state provided. He did his about face when he was fixing to run for the White House to make the Baptists happy. He did put Sandra Day O’Connor on the Supreme Court and she was a staunch defender of Roe v. Wade.

The Democrats then became mealy-mouthed on the issue, avoided it, changed the subject. Clinton to his credit was always vocally pro-choice. Even though some really bad shit started happening: Clinic bombings, assassinations of doctors, on-going harassment of the general public by Operation Rescue its true that the Democrats did little to nothing.

I'm going to be in a awkward position of defending the Democrats here for a minute...but after Roe v. Wade, what exactly were they supposed to do? Any law passed at the Federal level wouldn't have supremacy over state law due to the 10th Amendment (which is why garden variety homicide is a state crime, not a Federal crime - the *states* have police power). Under Roe, it basically had strict scrutiny - which is more than the 2nd Amendment (a right that actually is enshrined in the Constitution) had until this year. Realistically, Democrats had a very small window in 2009 when they might have been able to jam through legislation (having a Filibuster proof majority in the Senate), but they spent all of their political capital getting the Affordable Care Act passed - and that by itself cost them the midterm elections in 2010. So, in a short, pushing Federal legislation would have generated an unnecessary political battle that would not have materially improved anything with regard to abortion. Additionally, there wasn't any movement, grass roots or otherwise, pushing for the legislation because they had the cover of Roe.

The real battle was whether or not there were going to be ANY restrictions on abortion, and THAT is where the Democrats screwed up, because they let the loony extremists be the voice and face of the party on abortion: the loony extremists want abortion to be legal right up until the baby's feet pass through the vagina at 40 weeks...and while it's true that most Americans don't want abortion to be completely illegal, most also think a 40 week old fetus IS ACTUALLY A BABY rather than a clump of cells, and killing it is murder. Rather than doing what liberal Europe largely does (which is outlaw it in the 2nd or 3rd trimester unless health of the mother is at risk), the loony left kept pushing and pushing, meanwhile the anti-abortion right proceeded methodically through state legislatures and the courts building a structure to overturn Roe v Wade.

I do find it kind of funny though. Trump spent most of his life being pro-choice, and ends up being the guy that, via his SCOTUS appointments, killed Roe v Wade.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:45 pm

Trump is now suing the FBI for the search...

But according to the document I read for Case Number: 9:22-cv-81294 he is representing himself "Pro Se"

Most likely his lawyers said "I'll prepare the filings but we are not touching this" and this will give him time to find an Alex Jones or Neo Nazi type lawyer to represent.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:51 pm

Kurt wrote:Trump is now suing the FBI for the search...

But according to the document I read for Case Number: 9:22-cv-81294 he is representing himself "Pro Se"

Most likely his lawyers said "I'll prepare the filings but we are not touching this" and this will give him time to find an Alex Jones or Neo Nazi type lawyer to represent.

Correction. It he is now represented by an Insurance Lawyer named Halligan.

https://usattorneys.com/lawyer/lindsey-r-halligan/

She has property damage experience and has interned for Miami / Dade Public Defenders office.

Not really a legal star. Probably putting a Lawyer Stamp on wacky shit from Kash Patel.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:58 pm

Dig this crap document:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 63.1.0.pdf

The first bit of legalese they fuck up on is calling him the "clear frontrunner" of a campaign and election that has not gotten started yet. "projected" is the term to use.

"Platoon" of Federal agents is also bad. So they raided with four squads? Newp, they just use "Platoon" for hyperbole in a legal document for the colloquial use of the word and not the defination of the word, which is bad when you are trying to create a case to be taken seriously.

Getting Crap lawyers to foul up a case for you seems to be the MAGA strategy now, so I suspect when this one craps itself and dies the plea will be "I had a crap lawyer" for further delays.

A guilty, rich man tactic if there ever was one.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:56 pm

Kurt wrote:Dig this crap document:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 63.1.0.pdf

The first bit of legalese they fuck up on is calling him the "clear frontrunner" of a campaign and election that has not gotten started yet. "projected" is the term to use.

"Platoon" of Federal agents is also bad. So they raided with four squads? Newp, they just use "Platoon" for hyperbole in a legal document for the colloquial use of the word and not the defination of the word, which is bad when you are trying to create a case to be taken seriously.

Getting Crap lawyers to foul up a case for you seems to be the MAGA strategy now, so I suspect when this one craps itself and dies the plea will be "I had a crap lawyer" for further delays.

A guilty, rich man tactic if there ever was one.

The Crap lawyer just got their Pro Hac Vice motion denied.

So, for now, Trump is Pro Se on this one.

Of course I did not consider the possibility that Crap Lawyer is really just a victim of the Deep State denying a recent law school grad / Insurance Lawyer to sue the FBI.

Watching this unfold is like watching Go Pro footage of a butthole.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:53 pm

Crap Lawyer just filed an Injunction against the DOJ which was rejected on jurisdictional grounds and rejected because an injunction cannot happen with an event that has already taken place (the search and discovery of classified documents)

If they had been smart, they would have filed an injunction back in January, when they started to know that this day could have been coming, but they still would have had the burden of proving it was a political hit job.

What is disturbing about all this is that there is a large portion of the USA that rejects legal precedents that have been around since Blackstone and not only that, they are so baffled that an ex President just cannot make declarations about Legal status that they assume nearly 400 years of Legal processes is a conspiracy against them.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby vagabond » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:32 am

Kurt wrote:What is disturbing about all this is that there is a large portion of the USA that rejects legal precedents that have been around since Blackstone and not only that, they are so baffled that an ex President just cannot make declarations about Legal status that they assume nearly 400 years of Legal processes is a conspiracy against them.

Or believe that everyone is against them.

Probably falls under both Feature 8 but tied into 6 and 7 as well.

Umberto Eco - 14 Features of Fascism

1. The cult of tradition. “One has only to look at the syllabus of every fascist movement to find the major traditionalist thinkers. The Nazi gnosis was nourished by traditionalist, syncretistic, occult elements.”

2. The rejection of modernism. “The Enlightenment, the Age of Reason, is seen as the beginning of modern depravity. In this sense Ur-Fascism can be defined as irrationalism.”

3. The cult of action for action’s sake. “Action being beautiful in itself, it must be taken before, or without, any previous reflection. Thinking is a form of emasculation.”

4. Disagreement is treason. “The critical spirit makes distinctions, and to distinguish is a sign of modernism. In modern culture the scientific community praises disagreement as a way to improve knowledge.”

5. Fear of difference. “The first appeal of a fascist or prematurely fascist movement is an appeal against the intruders. Thus Ur-Fascism is racist by definition.”

6. Appeal to social frustration. “One of the most typical features of the historical fascism was the appeal to a frustrated middle class, a class suffering from an economic crisis or feelings of political humiliation, and frightened by the pressure of lower social groups.”

7. The obsession with a plot. “Thus at the root of the Ur-Fascist psychology there is the obsession with a plot, possibly an international one. The followers must feel besieged.”

8. The enemy is both strong and weak. “By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.”

9. Pacifism is trafficking with the enemy. “For Ur-Fascism there is no struggle for life but, rather, life is lived for struggle.”

10. Contempt for the weak. “Elitism is a typical aspect of any reactionary ideology.”

11. Everybody is educated to become a hero. “In Ur-Fascist ideology, heroism is the norm. This cult of heroism is strictly linked with the cult of death.”

12. Machismo and weaponry. “Machismo implies both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chastity to homosexuality.”

13. Selective populism. “There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People.”

14. Ur-Fascism speaks Newspeak. “All the Nazi or Fascist schoolbooks made use of an impoverished vocabulary, and an elementary syntax, in order to limit the instruments for complex and critical reasoning.”
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:20 am

Kurt wrote:She has a better chance of Primary-ing Biden. For some reason the Dems have been more praising of her, anti-choice warmonger, than Biden and Harris (not perfect by any means, but c'mon Dems)

If Cheney wants a "win" against Trump then she's gotta do a "Third Party" "Real Republicans" thing. That would totally fuck MAGA just as Andrew Yang's "third party" of....Andrew Yang? Would fuck the Dems.

Her platforms are not to my taste, to put it mildly. At face value she seems to be a principled woman, so on principle she should run as a Republican. She should show up at the GOP 2024 convention with however many delegates she could muster and primary Trump. That’d be swell.

I’m weary of 3rd Party shite. It’s cynical. The only 3rd party candidate I like is Vermin Supreme. Everybody gets a pony!
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:06 pm

Well, Trump was not authorized to have those documents, 18 USC 793 (e) , if it had been 793(d) he would have been authorized to have the documents but handled them improperly.

Now the question is why, if they knew about this 18 months ago, did it take them so long to do anything?

My guess is it is because his supporters are armed and violent. They wanted to make certain they had support before they started going after him.

It is clear Trump is a versatile criminal and is kind of like those people who are "When in doubt, lie" but when he fails to understand a situation he turns to actual crime and figures things will sort themselves out in his favor.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby vagabond » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:54 pm

Kurt wrote:Well, Trump was not authorized to have those documents, 18 USC 793 (e) , if it had been 793(d) he would have been authorized to have the documents but handled them improperly.

Now the question is why, if they knew about this 18 months ago, did it take them so long to do anything?

My guess is it is because his supporters are armed and violent. They wanted to make certain they had support before they started going after him.

It is clear Trump is a versatile criminal and is kind of like those people who are "When in doubt, lie" but when he fails to understand a situation he turns to actual crime and figures things will sort themselves out in his favor.

There's also the faction on the Dem side (due to the violent supporters) that say it's better to let it go than see a criminal brought to justice and foment more unrest. Either way, the cat is out of the bag with these folks and its better to do the 'right' thing, bring charges, and deal with the consequences.

If I'm being honest with myself, my first thought is that it would be nice to see the wannabe Rittenhouse's get their heads smashed in like we see during the BLM/abortion protests. I know it's not the correct response given the myriad issues with police brutality, yadda yadda but it's frustrating seeing the differences in how these shits get treated.

Don Winslow (the great author) has been harping about the timeline since this all happened and we learned how long it has taken. He's said aside his writing these days to use his money and fame to make a bunch of videos that he puts up on Twitter.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:16 pm

Given where we're at with all this, how *does* Donnie actually go to jail? Who prosecutes this case, how long could it take, and how does an ex-President actually serve out time when found guilty?

Also, once that's out of the way, will heads roll in parts of our national security infrastructure for letting this dude hang onto top secret really important shit for so long?

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:45 am

Kurt wrote:Well, Trump was not authorized to have those documents, 18 USC 793 (e) , if it had been 793(d) he would have been authorized to have the documents but handled them improperly.

Trump's worst enemy is Trump.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:56 am

I don't care. I am sick of listening to anything about this fool.

Can we move on?
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:19 pm

sparrow wrote:I don't care. I am sick of listening to anything about this fool.

Can we move on?

Move on? Just sweep it under the rug and forget about it? Um, NO.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:10 am

^Didn't mean that at all. Just sick of him being part of any conversation at this point.

Charge him (seriously, will anything ever fucking happen?), convict him, then we can all move the fuck on from this fool. I don't know how you all stand it.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe