Looks like Brett Favre will "Quarterback Sneak" to jail

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Looks like Brett Favre will "Quarterback Sneak" to jail

Postby Kurt » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:47 pm

took Welfare money for speeches he never made. Part of a $70 million dollar welfare fraud scheme.

Even said he would bribe the Mississippi governor "if legal" with stock shares.

He will probably beat Trump to jail.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Looks like Brett Favre will "Quarterback Sneak" to jail

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:03 pm

He is a Welfare Queen, pure and simple, along with the other rich folks who, for example, grabbed the massive recent PPP grants and loans, like Tom Brady. Is that why he took on another season, so that he can earn the money to pay it back? I don’t think so. For the new-money rich enough is never enough.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:02 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:He is a Welfare Queen, pure and simple, along with the other rich folks who, for example, grabbed the massive recent PPP grants and loans, like Tom Brady. Is that why he took on another season, so that he can earn the money to pay it back? I don’t think so. For the new-money rich enough is never enough.

lol. I guess only Democrats are allowed to loot the treasury.

Tom Brady took a $960k PPP loan.

Brady made $72.5 million in 2021, which means he probably paid north of $26 million in taxes.

Not a lot of welfare queens have a 27 to 1 taxes paid to benefits received ratios, but hey, keep playing that class warfare play.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:21 pm

Tarkan wrote:
seektravelinfo wrote:He is a Welfare Queen, pure and simple, along with the other rich folks who, for example, grabbed the massive recent PPP grants and loans, like Tom Brady. Is that why he took on another season, so that he can earn the money to pay it back? I don’t think so. For the new-money rich enough is never enough.

Brady made $72.5 million in 2021, which means he probably paid north of $26 million in taxes.

Not a lot of welfare queens have a 27 to 1 taxes paid to benefits received ratios, but hey, keep playing that class warfare play.

Lots of rich dicks took PPP loans, had them forgiven etc.

This is different than that.

https://mississippitoday.org/2022/08/02 ... fare-case/

Also, in spite of how stupid it is to forgive loans to rich people it was forgiven. So no crime was committed.

That means MTG, Tom Brady and the 10 million other recipients of the 11.5 million people and groups given PPP loans are free and clear of any legal ramifications.

Sucks, but that is how it goes.

Also Favre was discussing bribing the Governor, if it was legal to Bribe him.

Which is weird. I am pretty sure he did not break any laws by contemplating a crime. I think that only counts for violent felonies like "I got to check with my lawyer, but if it is legal to do so I will murder you"

Still weird.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:11 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

Lots of rich dicks took PPP loans, had them forgiven etc.

This is different than that.

https://mississippitoday.org/2022/08/02 ... fare-case/

Also, in spite of how stupid it is to forgive loans to rich people it was forgiven. So no crime was committed.

That means MTG, Tom Brady and the 10 million other recipients of the 11.5 million people and groups given PPP loans are free and clear of any legal ramifications.

Sucks, but that is how it goes.

I agree. For example, it was weird to see the talking heads talk about moral hazards around bailouts with 2008 housing crisis in regard to the average mortgage holder, but then enthusiastically back the bailouts of Goldman Sachs et al.

Horseshoe theory. The Tea Party and OWS aren't as far apart on a lot of fundamental grievances with the powers that be.

If only I had known they were going to forgive the debt, I would have started a pandemic company and hired a bunch of workers and took out big loans.

The whole fucking thing was a scam. I'm curious who knew in advance that the loans were ultimately going to be forgiven.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe