"Hidden" COVID-19 deaths

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

"Hidden" COVID-19 deaths

Postby Kurt » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:15 pm

We all have certain conspiracy theories we believe even if we acknowledge that there is no evidence for them. We just see them as probable in some reality, maybe our current one or maybe a fictional one.

The problem with more "probable" conspiracy theories is that they are easy to disprove.

Conspiracy theories I believed in the past but now no longer do are that the US Civil War was fought for "States Rights" and not Slavery. But reading the actual Confederate Constitution cured me of that much later in life than it should have.

Another one I believed was that JFK was assassinated by everyone but Oswald. Reading the Mitrotkin Archives solved that. (JFK being killed by a "Right Wing Conspiracy" was actually a KGB plant by a book publishing company they owned. The KGB did not kill him either, but it was a more logical conclusion that a Soviet defector who ended up banging the daughter of Minsk's KGB chief and moving back to the USA killed him with KGB help than the anti communist right wing did)

My current conspiracy theories are that Weinstien had Anthony Bourdain murdered. I have no proof at all other than speculation based on reporters who were threatened by Private Investigators he hired to dig up dirt on his multiple critics. ..which Bourdain was one of the first vocal ones.

The other one is the "No one wants to work anymore" thing is actually excess COVID deaths that were under-reported in the USA. It is known that dead people don't apply for jobs. This dawned on me when I visited my hometown a while back and found out that the answer to questions like "How is Craig doing these days?" was answered by "Craig is dead" but for multiple people, my age or younger. What did they die of? No one knew. No obituary was made, only talk among friends and a funeral announcement at their church. Those that did have obituaries mentioned a "brief illness". One, written after the vaccine was available said "Died at home, Not of COVID!" and mutual friends said he totally had COVID and he only died at home because someone took him there after he passed out in a Grocery store parking lot (since COVID was a hoax, they did not take him to the Hospital)

However, Unlike my Bourdain murder theory, this one is starting to get legs. A combination of people dying in areas without access to health care, to a stigma about dying of COVID, especially when it was known as a "Blue State Disease" and then became a rallying cry of those states defying lockdowns and finally anti-Vaxxers.

https://www.bu.edu/articles/2022/underr ... 19-deaths/

There seems to be a political motivation for under-reporting deaths.

https://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/1 ... b++0pubmed

Since then we had Red Kansas voting to protect abortion access. We had Red Alaska voting in their first Democrat in 50 years.

The thing is that it might not be, as Democrats claim, that their message resonates with voters more and people are tired of Trumpism but rather that the other voters are dead. Like job applications dead voters are not really noticed unless someone tries to commit voter fraud.

So my conspiracy theory still does not have proof, even an election win and a further increase of job vacancies would not prove that the cause was COVID but the evidence is starting to tilt in this direction.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: "Hidden" COVID-19 deaths

Postby gnaruki » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:31 am

What about the conservative conspiracy claims that many deaths were mischaracterized as covid to inflate the death count? For example a guy dieing in a car wreck infected with covid declared death from covid.

Wheres the conspiracy? Like it was predicted that blues would go vax and reds anti? Or the conservative propaganda machine purposefully convinced it's followers to disbelief the virus which led to their deaths?

With how narrow red v. blue is it wouldnt take much to tip the scale in most of the country.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:27 am

Apparently QAnon claimed the vax takers would start to become zombies tomorrow. Not sure why.

But the claimed of exaggerated death counts fit with their "Covid is a hoax" part. The problem with conspiracy theories is that they demand evidence disproving their disinformation. So the car crash = COVID, if disproved, would be replaced by another.

It takes less effort to make a lie than it takes to disprove that lie. So at some point the response to "Whatabout the time when Bigfoot was in the UFO shooting JFK?" will just have to be met with "Fuck off"

I do not expect anyone to disprove my Bourdain murder theory. Just because they cannot or will not make the effort does not mean my theory is true. Also just because a lot of people believe it does not make it true either.

So for the Car crash = COVID theory I would look at who claimed it and go from there.

At some point we are going to have to start looking at the reputation of the person making the claim before we make an effort to disprove something they did not prove themselves.

But the friend of a friend who passed out in the parking lot and was taken home to croak probably would have passed out and crashed his car while driving if he had enough oxygen to make it to his car. ...That could be an explanation why a car accident victim was considered a COVID death.

This link is a fairly typical rationalization how someone did not die of COVID when they did die of COVID.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2022/04/way ... th-update/

Bill Sardi was an anti-vaxxer who claimed the vaccine was more deadly than COVID. Then he died and almost immediately there was a great effort to say he did not die of COVID.

Author Denis Hamill used to write about a fundraiser for a friend of his who died by eating a sandwich with the toothpick still in it. he died of Sepsis, but he also died of eating a toothpick. If eating sandwich toothpicks was as common as getting covid I am sure they would have been banned long ago as a danger and the sandwich toothpick industry would have been sued out of existence anyway...but since this is America and we cannot sue a virus we gotta do the other 100% American thing and deny it's existance and explain it with some crap that arises from our lack of state subsidized medical care (which I also used to be against, until I started seeing people with Sickle Cell disease dying)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:36 pm

Well that's a wacky article with some murky logic.

You might be on to something with the death undercount. Might explain the life insurance actuaries confounding discovery - think this article was already shared in a thead http://web.archive.org/web/20220101164744/https:/www.thecentersquare.com/indiana/indiana-life-insurance-ceo-says-deaths-are-up-40-among-people-ages-18-64/article_71473b12-6b1e-11ec-8641-5b2c06725e2c.html

Still unsure how to loop in a believable conspiracy into it for funsies... Try some mad libs maybe: Lots of conservatives died from covid to decrease voting body by [shadowy group] because [devious plan].
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:15 pm

gnaruki wrote:Well that's a wacky article with some murky logic.

You might be on to something with the death undercount. Might explain the life insurance actuaries confounding discovery - think this article was already shared in a thead http://web.archive.org/web/20220101164744/https:/www.thecentersquare.com/indiana/indiana-life-insurance-ceo-says-deaths-are-up-40-among-people-ages-18-64/article_71473b12-6b1e-11ec-8641-5b2c06725e2c.html

Still unsure how to loop in a believable conspiracy into it for funsies... Try some mad libs maybe: Lots of conservatives died from covid to decrease voting body by [shadowy group] because [devious plan].

From TFA:

"The number of hospitalizations in the state is now higher than before the COVID-19 vaccine was introduced a year ago, and in fact is higher than it’s been in the past five years, Dr. Lindsay Weaver, Indiana’s chief medical officer, said at a news conference with Gov. Eric Holcomb on Wednesday."
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:33 pm

Tarkan wrote:
gnaruki wrote:Well that's a wacky article with some murky logic.

From TFA:

"The number of hospitalizations in the state is now higher than before the COVID-19 vaccine was introduced a year ago, and in fact is higher than it’s been in the past five years, Dr. Lindsay Weaver, Indiana’s chief medical officer, said at a news conference with Gov. Eric Holcomb on Wednesday."

That plays.

It's an epidemic among the unvaccinated.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:06 pm

It was always (allegedly) an epidemic of the unvaccinated. Why is all cause mortality increasing yoy after the vaccine was released?
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:45 am

Tarkan wrote:It was always (allegedly) an epidemic of the unvaccinated. Why is all cause mortality increasing yoy after the vaccine was released?

Because after that it was more endemic. The vax protected the vaccinated.
I mean, its hard to argue against Death Math so I guess it will become apparent if vaxxed maskers live and unvaxxed anti maskers die.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:54 pm

Tarkan wrote:It was always (allegedly) an epidemic of the unvaccinated. Why is all cause mortality increasing yoy after the vaccine was released?

Also the orginal stats were misinterpreted by the author and he corrected it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... ify%20wall

So 11.5 million jobs unfilled in 2022 compared to 7.5 million in 2019 = about a 35% increase in unfilled jobs.

I suspect the business failure rate during covid probably moves that number up to around 40%

We could be at 2.6 million COVID-19 deaths since 2020 instead of the official 1.04 million.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby vagabond » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:42 am

Kurt wrote:

Also the orginal stats were misinterpreted by the author and he corrected it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... ify%20wall

So 11.5 million jobs unfilled in 2022 compared to 7.5 million in 2019 = about a 35% increase in unfilled jobs.

I suspect the business failure rate during covid probably moves that number up to around 40%

We could be at 2.6 million COVID-19 deaths since 2020 instead of the official 1.04 million.

Will be "interesting" in 5, 10, 20 years to see how long COVID (pre-vax, recovered and anti-vax recovered) changes things too. Already entering an epic time of Boomers needing advanced care and carers, burnt out people from the past two years, etc. Vaxxed people I know that have had it varied from two weeks and ok to needing inhalers for 6 months. This was in relatively healthy (for America) populations.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe