London Bridge is falling down

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

London Bridge is falling down

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:24 pm

She really is the coolest woman on the planet, with coolness defined as grace and calm under pressure. Since a little girl I’ve always revered Her Majesty the Queen. None can ever top her. I’m not British and it’s not really my business, but I do believe the Monarchy dies with her.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Re: London Bridge is falling down

Postby Kurt » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:53 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:She really is the coolest woman on the planet, with coolness defined as grace and calm under pressure. Since a little girl I’ve always revered Her Majesty the Queen. None can ever top her. I’m not British and it’s not really my business, but I do believe the Monarchy dies with her.

The Monarchy is weird.

But I liked her too.

But I am very glad I am not flying through Heathrow today and flying straight to Athens.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:18 pm

The last of an era. Classy of her to rally and show up for the new PM mere days before her death.

Yes, the monarchy is weird. Mitford sisters weird. Something about royals and aristocrats. As F. Scott said, “the rich, they’re different from you and me.” Now Charles is King and after this why not quietly fold up? None of them can ever approach her reign.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:32 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:She really is the coolest woman on the planet, with coolness defined as grace and calm under pressure. Since a little girl I’ve always revered Her Majesty the Queen. None can ever top her. I’m not British and it’s not really my business, but I do believe the Monarchy dies with her.

https://youtu.be/jRiNuB_Y1qY
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:34 pm

A sad day.

RIP Boss.

Would love for King Charles to abdicate and let Prince William take the helm. I won't be holdin my breath though.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:42 pm

Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby snaark » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:19 pm

Noone stayed alive or waved from a Bentley quite like she did.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:17 am

rickshaw92 wrote:A sad day.

RIP Boss.

Would love for King Charles to abdicate and let Prince William take the helm. I won't be holdin my breath though.

Hoping the let him hang around for a few years, he's been waiting for a job for 73 years.

Sorry to see Liz go though
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:55 am

rickshaw92 wrote:A sad day.

RIP Boss.

Did you ever watch this ? https://www.pbs.org/show/king-charles-iii/

I think Charles will be a good king.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:51 am

Never saw that.

Anyway King Charles has a lot of baggage. Wills is young, fresh and well liked and respected, as is Kate. Just what The Monarchy needs.

PS Harry is a cunt and so is his B list attention whore wife.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Tarkan » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:24 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:Never saw that.

Anyway King Charles has a lot of baggage. Wills is young, fresh and well liked and respected, as is Kate. Just what The Monarchy needs.

Harry used to be a stand up guy, was well liked by the Americans in Afghanistan. Not sure what happened to him other than Meghan Markle.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:43 pm

Tarkan wrote:

Harry used to be a stand up guy, was well liked by the Americans in Afghanistan. Not sure what happened to him other than Meghan Markle.

I think Meghan was the only thing that happened. And the damage done so far is irreversible.

Anyway, Winger and Ginger are your problem now.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby vagabond » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:38 am

rickshaw92 wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

I think Meghan was the only thing that happened. And the damage done so far is irreversible.

Anyway, Winger and Ginger are your problem now.

"Damage" meaning the British press doesn't like her. Not an English Rose - too American, too black or problematic. Didn't they already trash another American for stealing a noble son?

From what I've gathered on reddit and elsewhere, most Brits were/are looking forward to a day off work. People like myself were pissed that they called off Premier League and other soccer matches. This whole 10 days of mourning thing is a bit of a joke, tiresome, and rather mawkish. No one really gives a shit about these people.

I have a friend arguing that they need the royals for the tourism bucks. I think they'd be there if these people disappeared.

I think the see-through hearse is pretty amazing. Would love to paraded around in such a hearse myself, even if I weren't dead. In American, we'd do this shit ads like NASCAR cars have, 26/8 on CNN, Hearse by Hertz.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:53 pm

"Damage" meaning the British press doesn't like her. Not an English Rose - too American, too black or problematic. Didn't they already trash another American for stealing a noble son?

Damage as in going on Oprah and talkin shit, airing the Royal Dirty Laundry, playin the race card and generally acting like a couple of spoiled twats. Anything for a buck I suppose. I didn't watch the whole interview, I couldn't stand the Harpo Hippo back in the 80,s much less now but I caught the highlights.

I had no idea that woman was 'black' untill she got her clutches into Harry. I used to watch Suits and although it wasn't the greatest thin TV has had on offer it was still OK. Plus it was filmed in TO, my home town so I kinda liked watching for the scenery.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby sparrow » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:59 pm

vagabond wrote:No one really gives a shit about these people.

I've got no skin in it but I gotta say, it sure didn't look look like that.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe