In Heraklion Crete

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

In Heraklion Crete

Postby Kurt » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:13 am

Last night my wife and I had a pleasant stroll through a park controlled and managed by Antifa.
It was pretty much like a regular park but it had free food and basic medical services near the playground. Apparently The Golden Dawn (Like Greek Proud Boys) had turned it into the exact opposite until they were driven out.

I had the best snails of my life at this Cretan place called Peskesi. I ordered a Cheese, Filo and grain dish from the Byzantine era that was served with fig jam cooked with wine.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: In Heraklion Crete

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:37 pm

How does a group like antfa get to control and manage a park? Is this a public or private thing?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Kurt » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:45 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:How does a group like antfa get to control and manage a park? Is this a public or private thing?

Its unofficial but active. Apparently they kicked out The Golden Dawn, who would gather there to harass Gypsies and queers. Then they cleaned it up and provide food and basic medical care.

There are a few areas like this in town but this park is the only one I have seen.

Only cops I have seen since I got here have been in the port directing traffic.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Heraklion

Postby el3so » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:53 pm

Sounds tasty. Enjoy the trip.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Heraklion

Postby Kurt » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:57 am

el3so wrote:Sounds tasty. Enjoy the trip.

Ive eaten a lot of snails in my life and Cretan snails have France beat.

Antifa didnt make those however.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:26 am

How easy would it be to live there as an American? Asking for a friend.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:11 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:How easy would it be to live there as an American? Asking for a friend.

250k investment in real estate = legal resident alien.

Good place to live when young. Tons of late parties. Tons of attractive young people not giving a shit about careers.
Also for us oldies it would be good because Greeks fuck like bunnies after menopause since its pretty religeous they have one of those "it doesnt count if you cant have kids anymore" cultures.
Plus good food, sun with just a few right wingers tring to ruin shit.
Oh andlots of mixed race US couples hang there. Greeksare so beyong cool with it they assume you are together.
Moment we arrived in Newark someone tried to separate my wife and i into different lines cuz white dude and black girl couldnt be traveling together.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:07 pm

Kurt wrote: Tons of attractive young people not giving a shit about careers.
Yeah, the ones that do, moved out 10 years ago.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Return to Black Flag Cafe