Y’all realize there wouldn’t be Dr. Oz w/o Oprah?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Y’all realize there wouldn’t be Dr. Oz w/o Oprah?

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:37 pm

I’m posting about the midterms, which will generate either disinterest or vitriol on here or hopefully something thoughtful.

Celebrities becoming politicians has become normalized, which I’m not fond about but that’s the age we live in. Fetterman’s campaign is brave and poignant. I hate that his stroke is held against him by his opponent. That’s cruel.

Dr. Oz maintains close ties to Turkey: Dual-citizenship, votes in Turkish elections, served in their military (compulsory for male Turks), vast real-estate holdings over there and it happens that he’s running for the U.S. Senate to represent a state he’s never lived in but which happens to have as a resident Fethullah Gulen, whom Erdogan blames for the failed coup against him while the USA refuses to send him back to Turkey. Turkey remains butt-hurt by the phrase Armenian Genocide, two words you don’t want to utter in Istanbul. They would like to see the conversation about that shut-down in America.

Anyway, thank Oprah for Dr. Oz in the first place. She put him on the map, the dumbass.

The race in Ohio is reportedly leaning to J.D. Vance, that doughy faced ersatz hillbilly with a chip on his shoulder. How far this state has fallen. When I moved here the Senators were Metzenbaum (a Jew) and Glenn (an astronaut). It wouldn’t be possible for either of them to win today. Not THAT long ago Obama carried the state both elections. These days? Wouldn’t happen.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Re: Y’all realize there wouldn’t be Dr. Oz w/o Oprah?

Postby Kurt » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:54 pm

She has foisted more cranks on our lives than anyone.

The Million Little Pieces guy.

Dr. Oz.
Dr. Phil.
Deepak Chopra.
Suze Orman (net worth $10 million. Not bad but I had an uncle do that with renting out farmland)
The Oprah is not to be criticised though. No Dem has the stines to say "all this is your fault"
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Y’all realize there wouldn’t be Dr. Oz w/o Oprah?

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:43 pm

Kurt wrote:She has foisted more cranks on our lives than anyone.

The Million Little Pieces guy.

Dr. Oz.
Dr. Phil.
Deepak Chopra.
Suze Orman (net worth $10 million. Not bad but I had an uncle do that with renting out farmland)
The Oprah is not to be criticised though. No Dem has the stines to say "all this is your fault"

Not to mention Meghan and Harry, and that time she showed her ass in Switzerland at the purse shop when she traveled to that country for Tina Turner’s wedding, one of those shops where handbags start out at 3K. After some time of browsing, Oprah asked the sales clerk about a particular purse. The sales clerk replied, “oh, that one is expensive!”, which offended Oprah and she put them on blast for being racist. If I were Tina Turner that wouldn’t be appreciated.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe