Two assassination attempts on Nancy Pelosi in 2 years

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Two assassination attempts on Nancy Pelosi in 2 years

Postby Kurt » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:24 pm

Attempted kidnapping and assault of a family member of a public official with the intent to retaliate against that official on account of performance of official duties.

Bad guys on both sides but the MAGAs got more kidnappers and zip ties.

Of course its gonna be "Zip ties for hobo sex" and P.P gets aroused when someone breaks in with a hammer rather than rings the bell and is let in because hobo sex.

Not MAGA stuff of course.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:51 pm

White supremacy, anti-abortion violence, anti-government violence and militia groups, as well as lone-wolves identifying with the far-right and Q have been the main perpetrators of stochastic terrorism in the United States.
Since 9/11 these people have killed 122 civilians, while there has been one person killed by an individual identified as far-left.

The mass shooting at the Congressional softball game was certainly an act of domestic terrorism, carried out by a misfit Bernie Bot who lived in his van. He had no accomplices and I don’t even know his name. No lefty will claim him. Meanwhile, Kyle Rittenhouse, Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, Ashli Babbitt, George Zimmerman and Ted Kaczynski are exalted as folk-heroes by the “alt-right”.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:21 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:Timothy McVeigh

A Lefty friend of mine was really into Timothy McVeigh and she wrote him letters and he wrote back. It was really weird, I read a letter and it was all like "Well, my time is limited but thanks for your letter. I view myself as a spiritual follower of Native Americans"

But she hid it from others and because she thought, wisely, that they would disapprove.

I was on a date with her when she showed me this and I did not go on a second date with her.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:25 am

Kurt wrote:

A Lefty friend of mine was really into Timothy McVeigh and she wrote him letters and he wrote back. It was really weird, I read a letter and it was all like "Well, my time is limited but thanks for your letter. I view myself as a spiritual follower of Native Americans"

But she hid it from others and because she thought, wisely, that they would disapprove.

I was on a date with her when she showed me this and I did not go on a second date with her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybristophilia
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:59 am

seektravelinfo wrote:
Kurt wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybristophilia

She had a slew of problems. She later developed a drug problem and accused a very old Anarchist (90+ years old, first protest was against the execution of Sacco and Venzetti when he was 15) of stealing her heroin.
Then she became a police informant to avoid prison for heroin dealing but she ratted herself out almost instantly.
Now shes cleaned up and is a soccer mom and lives in Larchmont. I think married a doctor she met in rehab.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:30 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:White supremacy, anti-abortion violence, anti-government violence and militia groups, as well as lone-wolves identifying with the far-right and Q have been the main perpetrators of stochastic terrorism in the United States.

It really depends when you start and stop counting, and how you count. Anti-government covers a pretty broad brush, including right wing and left wing groups. Antifa wasn't exactly pro-government in the 2017-2021 time frame. In fact, their ideology such that it is, is either Marxist tinged anarchy or anarchy tinged Marxism.

Since 9/11 these people have killed 122 civilians, while there has been one person killed by an individual identified as far-left.

If your numbers are derived from the source I think they are, then it's a bullshit list that does things like...include the self defense killings by Kyle Rittenhouse as "right wing terrorism" while excluding the shooting death of Lee Keltner by Matthew Dolloff as "left-wing". And if you think the left has only murdered 1 person since September 11th, 2001, you aren't looking very hard.

I mean, shit, there's 6 here:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/waukesha-chr ... -nov-15-16

The mass shooting at the Congressional softball game was certainly an act of domestic terrorism, carried out by a misfit Bernie Bot who lived in his van. He had no accomplices and I don’t even know his name. No lefty will claim him.

LOL. Ok. Then that certainly means it wasn't left wing violence, since "no lefty will claim him." I guess we can throw Dylan Roof out of the "right-wing" column since he was a homeless misfit house hopping his way before he decided to be a mass murderer.

Meanwhile, Kyle Rittenhouse, Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, Ashli Babbitt, George Zimmerman and Ted Kaczynski are exalted as folk-heroes by the “alt-right”.

Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, and Ted Kaczynski were actual terrorists. Ted Kaczynski, while a brilliant mathematician, was bat shit crazy with an ideology that lines up pretty squarely with left-wing eco-extremism. Timothy McVeigh was a left-of-center atheist. Eric Rudolph was nominally conservative, and made abortion clinics his target, except for that one aberrant bombing of the Atlanta Olympics. There aren't a lot of people on the right wing that "claim" Kaczynski or McVeigh either...a shitpost by someone on 4chan/pol doesn't really qualify I'm afraid.

Ashli Babbitt was unarmed and shot through the neck by a Capitol Police officer while attempting to crawl through a window during a riot.

Kyle Rittenhouse was acquitted on all counts because he was engaged in lawful self defense against people who were actively assaulting him during a riot.

If Ashli Babbitt "deserved to get shot" (as a lot on the left maintain), then so did the people that Kyle Rittenhouse shot - and even more so, since Babbitt had not assaulted anyone, was not assaulting anyone when she was shot, and was not presenting imminent danger to anyone at the moment she was shot (there were 3 Capitol SWAT team members 5 feet behind her when she was shot, and there was a barricade between her and the Capitol police officer). Every single person Rittenhouse shot, on the other hand, was actively attacking him when he shot them.

Matthew Dolloff is somewhat similar to the Kyle Rittenhouse shooting, with the following exceptions:
1) It was mutual combat that Dolloff escalated to a shooting (Dolloff placed his hands on Keltner after Keltner threatened the reporter he was "protecting", and Keltner slapped him - they both backed up a step, Dolloff cleared leather and shot Keltner in the head) vs Rittenhouse was actively retreating and trying to get away from a mob that was attacking him each and every time he fired his weapon.
2) Matthew Dolloff, while initially charged with 2nd degree murder, had his charges dropped "because of the victim’s threatening actions immediately before the shooting" while Rittenhouse went to full capital murder trial.
3) Kyle Rittenhouse was absolutely demonized by the media and the left while Matthew Dolloff was largely lauded.
Last edited by Tarkan on Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:33 pm

Kurt wrote:A dude was attacked and MAGA world says the same fucking shit you are saying. "Both Sides" huh? That's somewhat true but if ants were crazy people the Left would be a kitchen with sugar left out and MAGA would be a fucking anthill.

This made me laugh. I'm going to steal that analogy at a future date.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:46 am

Kurt wrote:
sparrow wrote:Lovely. McCarthyism 2.0 and it only took 60/70 years.

Good luck to you all

McCarthyism, as bad as it was, mostly got people "Canceled" from their jobs. No murder attempts.

It is always "conservative" donors that fund these things. Every. Single. Time.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby Kurt » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:06 am

sparrow wrote:
Kurt wrote:

Good luck to you all

McCarthyism, as bad as it was, mostly got people "Canceled" from their jobs. No murder attempts.

The Liberals caved in for McCarthy too. Joseph Welch did not go after McCarthy until his friend was targeted. Even then he claimed that his friend's membership in the National Lawyers Guild was a "youthful indiscretion" (like being with the NLG, a Liberal group was itself wrong like McCarthy claimed) and Murrow did not criticize McCarthy until he went after friends of his as well.

Liberals wanted a Commie Purge as much as the Conservatives did, but only retaliated when their friends got stung.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:48 am

Apparently Mr. DePape is an illegal snow Mexican in addition to being a BLM, LGBT supporting MAGA conspiracy theorist nudist.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby mb » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:51 am

Sure.

But that's still not the scariest part.

The scary part is how many right wing US politicians cheered on the attack.

And how many toadies went on to attack the victim in other ways--e.g. promoting the idea that he was hiring the attacker as a sex worker.

Sure, a few people may have assumed something specific about the attacker. But a LOT of people cheered him on.
mb
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:15 pm

mb wrote:Sure.

And how many toadies went on to attack the victim in other ways--e.g. promoting the idea that he was hiring the attacker as a sex worker.

Sure, a few people may have assumed something specific about the attacker. But a LOT of people cheered him on.

That's just where we are as a country. I guarantee you, if and when someone on the right is attacked by a left-wing nutjob, plenty of people on the left will be dancing about it and posting in favor it on twitter etc, just like when the Antifa guy murdered the Patriot Prayer guy.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:10 pm

Tarkan wrote:
mb wrote:Sure.

That's just where we are as a country. I guarantee you, if and when someone on the right is attacked by a left-wing nutjob, plenty of people on the left will be dancing about it and posting in favor it on twitter etc, just like when the Antifa guy murdered the Patriot Prayer guy.

Lets say that is true, as it likely was somewhere. Did Democrat candidates make jokes about the murder? Did prominent Democrats cite made up shit about how the Murderer was really a "Right Winger" or that perhaps the Patriot Prayer guy and the killer were really lovers?

Nope.

Did Dems try to normalize and embrace retaliation by downplaying the Patriot Prayer guy's status as a person?

Nope.

Did the President of the USA delight in the extra judicial killing of the attempted Murder / Kidnapping suspect? Nope, cuz, even though he was caught in the act of attempting to murder someone with a hammer he was arrested alive.

Again, we have a few problems in this country.

We have at least 40% saying Political violence is OK and perhaps should be encouraged.

And you, Tarkan, you actually fall into playing a part in this. A small part but you have no problem echoing "gay lover, illegal immigrant, antifa blm NOT MAGA" when this dude was and is.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:38 am

Kurt wrote:And you, Tarkan, you actually fall into playing a part in this. A small part but you have no problem echoing "gay lover, illegal immigrant, antifa blm NOT MAGA" when this dude was and is.

Yep, the kingdom was lost for want of a nail. All these insidious falsehoods about Paul Pelosi are surely the downfall of the Republic.

We'll just ignore the many, many claimed attacks by MAGA people on poor, innocent Democrats or people of color that ended up being total fucking fabrications...but that didn't stop them dominating the news cycle for weeks with commentary about how this is "Trump's America."

We'll just ignore the weirdness of a dude in his underwear at Paul Pelosi's residence.

And if we were to draw up a venn diagram of consisting of:

MAGA supporters

and

LGBT, illegal Canadian, nudist, BLM supporters

I don't think there would be a lot of overlap. Clearly not zero overlap, but...not a lot of overlap.

So clearly, I'm at fault for not taking the Paul Pelosi and MSM version of events at face value and having some skepticism at the same political opportunism and moral finger pointing that's occurred similar to the other "attacks" which were subsequently proven to be false.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:35 am

Kurt wrote:
sparrow wrote:
Kurt wrote:

Good luck to you all

The Liberals caved in for McCarthy too. Joseph Welch did not go after McCarthy until his friend was targeted. Even then he claimed that his friend's membership in the National Lawyers Guild was a "youthful indiscretion" (like being with the NLG, a Liberal group was itself wrong like McCarthy claimed) and Murrow did not criticize McCarthy until he went after friends of his as well.

Liberals wanted a Commie Purge as much as the Conservatives did, but only retaliated when their friends got stung.

Burl Ives testified voluntarily to HUAC. He ratted out some people, thus was then able to continue getting work in the entertainment industry. It was a real betrayal. Pete Seeger forgave him a couple decades later, as he didn’t want to be bitter about the whole thing.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe