Trump 2024

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Trump 2024

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:14 am

The Donald just threw his hat in the ring for 2024.

Let's talk about it.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Re: Trump 2024

Postby Kurt » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:53 am

rickshaw92 wrote:The Donald just threw his hat in the ring for 2024.

Let's talk about it.

Anyone who dismisses him is an idiot.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:13 am

I wouldn't dismiss him but I reckon his chances are slim. Voters are fickle and he's yesterday's clown. My money is on President DeSantis in 2025. Then again, primaries seem to be the hardest thing to predict, so who knows, maybe Chuck Norris will win.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:48 pm

snaark wrote:I wouldn't dismiss him but I reckon his chances are slim. Voters are fickle and he's yesterday's clown. My money is on President DeSantis in 2025. Then again, primaries seem to be the hardest thing to predict, so who knows, maybe Chuck Norris will win.

This stage of his campaign is the "Clown Stage". Like in 2015 when he was everywhere, getting free exposure by people saying "No way he is gonna get the nomination". The guy is such a living news story that the MSM that he hates and who hates him will continue to put him into the running.

Plus the Not-Trump Republicans are so chickenshit that they will ALWAYS go back to being Pro-Trump. DeSantis has the MAGA election momentum now but he does not have the enthusiastic and dangerous base.

The problem with Trump actually winning again is a demographics one. His supporters are aging and the cruelty of his ideas and followers does not sit well with younger people. Plus the plan, the REAL plan for 2024 was to take over State's election certification process and dismiss a Democrat who wins in 2024 and that is not going to happen.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby sparrow » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:45 pm

I don't think he'll have the media the way he previously did.

https://nypost.com/cover/november-16-2022/

"Florida man makes announcement" is hardly an enthusiastic endorsement. On page 26 no less.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby Kurt » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:09 pm

sparrow wrote:I don't think he'll have the media the way he previously did.

"Florida man makes announcement" is hardly an enthusiastic endorsement. On page 26 no less.

He never had the Media until he was the Nominee.

This race is gonna be more like 2016 "Trump Vs. Democrat Establishment" rather than 2020 which was "Establishment Vs. Big Fucking Mess"

Trump's base can beat the New New Republican establishment again for the nomination. The number of established Republican Trump critics who survived the 2022 primaries should point to this. Makes me wonder WTF everyone's problem is if they cannot see back in time months ago they certainly wont be able to see back in time 6 years ago.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:54 pm

Love the way NY Post reported on this. Great headline.

Murdoch not in his corner anymore.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:46 am

seektravelinfo wrote:https://nypost.com/cover/november-16-2022/

Love the way NY Post reported on this. Great headline.

Murdoch not in his corner anymore.

He will be in 2024.
We have enough legal tools to stop Trump and the fact that non of his flip floppers have advocated their use yet shows they will bail on DeSantis when Trumps supporters come through.
Trump was about media coverage but he never needed media support.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby sparrow » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:48 am

Well, we'll see what you people do. I'll get the popcorn.
sparrow
Canadia

Postby Tarkan » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:56 pm

Kurt wrote:
sparrow wrote:I don't think he'll have the media the way he previously did.

He never had the Media until he was the Nominee.

This race is gonna be more like 2016 "Trump Vs. Democrat Establishment" rather than 2020 which was "Establishment Vs. Big Fucking Mess"

Trump's base can beat the New New Republican establishment again for the nomination. The number of established Republican Trump critics who survived the 2022 primaries should point to this. Makes me wonder WTF everyone's problem is if they cannot see back in time months ago they certainly wont be able to see back in time 6 years ago.

Trump got a stupid amount of free, positive press coverage before he won the nomination.

This was largely intentional because the media was in bed with the Clinton campaign and it was intended to force the eventual GOP candidate (who was never going to be Trump because of the joke that Trump is/was) to define themselves in terms of Trump rather than defining themselves in terms of Hillary Clinton. Part of it was also because Trump was an entertainer and was entertaining and generated clicks on Twitter when he was covered.

As soon as Trump won the nomination, the coverage turned 90% negative, 99% negative if you don't include Fox in the mix.

All those positive stories about how he was upending the race disappeared pretty much overnight and it turned to scandal 24x7.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby mb » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:37 pm

Tarkan, you're reading from the propaganda book again instead of actual history.

Trump got regular positive media coverage starting in the 1970s or 1980s. It never let up.

It didn't matter if it was true or false. All he wanted was attention. And the stories were always spectacular, so it served the press goals (sell newspapers) well too.

Now they may recognize the greater danger (see: NY Post article) and think a bit more. But probably not.

The greater public seem to love bully narcissists, and gloss over (or deny) all of their faults. Anyone in the NY business orbit new to demand cash up front working for Trump, since he never paid his bills. But he always found enough new suckers to keep going.
mb
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:36 am

Saw this on twitter today:

https://twitter.com/saabbayl/status/159 ... oCNTQ&s=02

I'm thinking 100%
sparrow
Canadia

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:55 pm

sparrow wrote:Saw this on twitter today:

https://twitter.com/saabbayl/status/159 ... oCNTQ&s=02

I'm thinking 100%

Trump will have GOP opponents in the primary. Some are already gunning for it, gearing up with inflammatory and ridiculous claims to charm the Trump base. Mike Pompeo has already started, citing public school teachers as the most dangerous people in the world. https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... the-world/

There will be Ted Cruz and Ron DeSantis (two ugly men in every way, shape and form) angling for the nomination and it will be an ugly fight. This time Trump won’t have Roger Stone, Manafort, Alex Jones to carry his water for him. Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert, Herschel Walker maybe, for what that’s worth. Expect to see an acceleration of anti-Semitism and hate crimes against gays and multi-racial households.

Trump might end up running as a 3rd Party candidate.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Michael » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:09 pm

Trump's best shot is for the Republicans to put as many candidates on the stage as possible. His cult following is at best 25% of the remaining Republicans. The more people throwing their collective hats in the ring, the more diluted the remaining 75% becomes and the better his odds of getting the nomination. If he manages to do that, the only remaining question becomes the number of down-ballot Republicans he takes down with him when he loses the general. Which brings up another possible scenario, the "Three Strikes" theory. As we know, Trump loves to hate on "Losers." He's lost twice, first to Biden and then in the recent mid-term. If nominated, he will lose in 2024, making him a three-time loser and the biggest loser in the history of presidential politics. The weakness in this theory is that, like all cult leaders, he is most likely too delusional to even consider such a possibility. At this stage, and I know it's early, I figure the election is open for either side to lose and I figure it's even money on which party will screw it up worse.
Michael
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe