Went to a Police sponsored Security meeting

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Went to a Police sponsored Security meeting

Postby Kurt » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:54 pm

We focused on attacks on infrastructure, both physical and cyber. My group handled the Cyber part and Penetration Testing and the Cops had their own intel unit that handled physical security.

Before the meeting we did our presentation to Cyber Security people and focused on nation state cyber attacks and using information systems for nation states to manipulate others to do their bidding, the example we used was the "5G Towers = COVID-19 cause" conspiracy a while back and how dumb Brits actually burned 5G towers based off of Russian disinformation (get a country's citizens to attack their own infrastructure is quite impressive and frightening) .

After the presentation I was asked via DM why I did not focus on "Leftist" attacks on infrastructure by one person. I answered it publicly to the group and not via DM that the only incidents of lefties doing stuff was to chain open gates so people would not have to pay fare for the subway and they did not damage the actual transportation infrastructure and the one group that was banned from doing stuff on the railway system was the Earth Liberation Front of Long Island. They had one propagandist who distributed flyers on Long Island Railroad property back in 2000 and 2001 and he was forbidden from doing ELF stuff on the railroad property after the ELF claimed responsibility for a burned down housing development under construction.

Anyway I assumed I would have more of those questions or comments when we addressed the MTAPD and NYPD representatives so we prepared answers.

During the presentation the MTAPD threat personal gave a nearly identical presentation that we had prepared, except they had tons of details. I wish I could go into details but I cannot. But anyway there are indeed loosely organized groups calling for attacks on power, rail and food production (food production is targeted to prevent the creation of "Soi Bois"...that is too funny not to reveal) and the cops used terms like "Terrorgram" and "Chuds" to describe both the online meeting places and the participants in those meeting places.

It was like I would imagine an Antifa Zoom meeting would be like if Antifa held Zoom meetings with status reports (they might) and they seemed to view our efforts as quaint.

Also they mentioned how the press was skewing NYC subway crime statistics by failing to mention that a "Crime" was any offense as a citation or higher and the spike was due to homeless encampments increasing and other typically homeless activities like cooking food and bringing a shopping cart into the system.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Went to a Police sponsored Security meeting

Postby vagabond » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:47 pm

Kurt wrote:We focused on attacks on infrastructure, both physical and cyber. My group handled the Cyber part and Penetration Testing and the Cops had their own intel unit that handled physical security.

Before the meeting we did our presentation to Cyber Security people and focused on nation state cyber attacks and using information systems for nation states to manipulate others to do their bidding, the example we used was the "5G Towers = COVID-19 cause" conspiracy a while back and how dumb Brits actually burned 5G towers based off of Russian disinformation (get a country's citizens to attack their own infrastructure is quite impressive and frightening) .

After the presentation I was asked via DM why I did not focus on "Leftist" attacks on infrastructure by one person. I answered it publicly to the group and not via DM that the only incidents of lefties doing stuff was to chain open gates so people would not have to pay fare for the subway and they did not damage the actual transportation infrastructure and the one group that was banned from doing stuff on the railway system was the Earth Liberation Front of Long Island. They had one propagandist who distributed flyers on Long Island Railroad property back in 2000 and 2001 and he was forbidden from doing ELF stuff on the railroad property after the ELF claimed responsibility for a burned down housing development under construction.

Anyway I assumed I would have more of those questions or comments when we addressed the MTAPD and NYPD representatives so we prepared answers.

During the presentation the MTAPD threat personal gave a nearly identical presentation that we had prepared, except they had tons of details. I wish I could go into details but I cannot. But anyway there are indeed loosely organized groups calling for attacks on power, rail and food production (food production is targeted to prevent the creation of "Soi Bois"...that is too funny not to reveal) and the cops used terms like "Terrorgram" and "Chuds" to describe both the online meeting places and the participants in those meeting places.

It was like I would imagine an Antifa Zoom meeting would be like if Antifa held Zoom meetings with status reports (they might) and they seemed to view our efforts as quaint.

Also they mentioned how the press was skewing NYC subway crime statistics by failing to mention that a "Crime" was any offense as a citation or higher and the spike was due to homeless encampments increasing and other typically homeless activities like cooking food and bringing a shopping cart into the system.

Thanks for the report. I guess that fits in with what you mentioned on the power grid thread. I'm honestly not too worried about NYC vs the rural places where means and opportunity are far more available. It's interesting to contrast this with airport security where the most lax places have been the busiest and the TSA at less busy, podunk places more stringent.

1) What's a soi boi? Urban dictionary had some 'interesting' definitions. Is this part of the right-wing masculinity crisis?

2) Re: homeless in NYC - The rumor we have heard in LA is that y'all have beds for all them because of the cold. Surprised that there are still encampment issues if that's true. Our subway crime stats are low because no one actually enforces anything :)
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:24 pm

vagabond wrote:
1) What's a soi boi? Urban dictionary had some 'interesting' definitions. Is this part of the right-wing masculinity crisis?

2) Re: homeless in NYC - The rumor we have heard in LA is that y'all have beds for all them because of the cold. Surprised that there are still encampment issues if that's true. Our subway crime stats are low because no one actually enforces anything :)

Yep, Soi Boi is basically a guy who eats soy or avoids meat and then gets loaded with female hormones and becomes a pussy.

The thing is there is a small amount of truth to that, but it's probably an insignificant amount of plant based hormones and our mammal asses probably cannot absorb it anyway.

But the one female hormone that men can absorb via plants is hops. Especially fresh hops used in IPAs. The disease is called Brewers Droop, since only Brewers used fresh hops but now the boil times are down and the average "juicy IPA" is often recommended for women going through or past menopause. So drink up and enjoy ladies! But dudes might want to avoid them.

However even beer is nothing compared to the environmental plastics we get exposed to constantly. The meat wrapping your steak probably contributes more to reduced testosterone than washing down Tofurky with an IPA.

Before leaded gasoline was tied to criminality, Liberals and Feminization of men were blamed for being "Soft on Crime" so we got harder and harder on Crime with it peaking in the Clinton Era with Biden helping quite a bit....Then Crime dropped because Leaded gasoline became scarcer and scarcer until it no longer existed in the US.

High Crime areas like Honduras and Venezuela still have leaded gasoline though....but lefties still get blamed for causing high crime and they don't object to being blamed for crime either, probably because of environmental plastics turning us into weenies.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby vagabond » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:28 am

Ok, that's what I figured. I'm only recently learning, or at least putting together a more comprehensive picture, about this whole obsession with the more extreme right-wing. I purchased, but haven't read, Ruth Ben-Ghiat's "Strongmen" which I think touches on this. Should bump it my TBR pile, I guess.

Also - there are still countries that use leaded gas? That's a sad surprise :-/

https://wwnorton.com/books/9780393868418

Ruth Ben-Ghiat is the expert on the "strongman" playbook employed by authoritarian demagogues from Mussolini to Putin—enabling her to predict with uncanny accuracy the recent experience in America and Europe. In Strongmen, she lays bare the blueprint these leaders have followed over the past 100 years, and empowers us to recognize, resist, and prevent their disastrous rule in the future.

For ours is the age of authoritarian rulers: self-proclaimed saviors of the nation who evade accountability while robbing their people of truth, treasure, and the protections of democracy. They promise law and order, then legitimize lawbreaking by financial, sexual, and other predators.

They use masculinity as a symbol of strength and a political weapon. Taking what you want, and getting away with it, becomes proof of male authority. They use propaganda, corruption, and violence to stay in power.

Vladimir Putin and Mobutu Sese Seko’s kleptocracies, Augusto Pinochet’s torture sites, Benito Mussolini and Muammar Gaddafi’s systems of sexual exploitation, and Silvio Berlusconi and Donald Trump’s relentless misinformation: all show how authoritarian rule, far from ensuring stability, is marked by destructive chaos.

No other type of leader is so transparent about prioritizing self-interest over the public good. As one country after another has discovered, the strongman is at his worst when true guidance is most needed by his country.

Recounting the acts of solidarity and dignity that have undone strongmen over the past 100 years, Ben-Ghiat makes vividly clear that only by seeing the strongman for what he is—and by valuing one another as he is unable to do—can we stop him, now and in the future.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:15 pm

I guess the central and south American countries stopped.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/cou ... oline.html

Ruth Ben-Ghiat just got a a Turning Point USA "Watchlist"

https://www.professorwatchlist.org/prof ... hben-ghiat

The Soi Boi thing is related to the Strong Man thing but it is stranger. The dudes who go on about Soi Bois are dudes who don't want to be around men they deem effeminate, which is always kind of baffling to me. I mean, when I was young and single I dug hanging with poofty guys. They tended to not be afraid of stuff or events and young women would always get funneled my way. My greedy ass wanted more gay guys so I could have a better selection of women as well as not having to watch fucking sports all day (never been a big sports fan) or talk about the sports that others watched.

But these guys like being around cartoonish masculinity so much that they have declared other men a lesser species. The point is to get out of locker room as fast as possible and not have a social life built around it.

It's just weird.

Plus the theory of Soy being poison, if true means they are mocking people for being poisoned, which is also weird. No one goes around saying "I gotta get out of this city, too many mercury poisoned Tuna Bois for my taste. The fact they accidentally ingested a heavy metal makes me want to kick their asses"
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby vagabond » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:53 pm

Kurt wrote:I guess the central and south American countries stopped.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/cou ... oline.html

That list...says a lot. Lol. Or maybe it's just factors of poverty, imports, and infrastructure?

Kurt wrote:Ruth Ben-Ghiat just got a a Turning Point USA "Watchlist"

https://www.professorwatchlist.org/prof ... hben-ghiat

These dudes really love making lists.

I checked and it doesn't seem 'Tom Hanks' is on there.

Kurt wrote:The Soi Boi thing is related to the Strong Man thing but it is stranger. The dudes who go on about Soi Bois are dudes who don't want to be around men they deem effeminate, which is always kind of baffling to me. I mean, when I was young and single I dug hanging with poofty guys. They tended to not be afraid of stuff or events and young women would always get funneled my way. My greedy ass wanted more gay guys so I could have a better selection of women as well as not having to watch fucking sports all day (never been a big sports fan) or talk about the sports that others watched.

But these guys like being around cartoonish masculinity so much that they have declared other men a lesser species. The point is to get out of locker room as fast as possible and not have a social life built around it.

It's just weird.

Plus the theory of Soy being poison, if true means they are mocking people for being poisoned, which is also weird. No one goes around saying "I gotta get out of this city, too many mercury poisoned Tuna Bois for my taste. The fact they accidentally ingested a heavy metal makes me want to kick their asses"

To paraphrase someone on reddit, I think a lot of us are trying to apply logic to an illogical situation. It's like some sort of mass mind virus. Reminds me of Snow Crash or the Dancing Plague.

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:23 am

Exactly,

Applying logic to the illogical is a weakness in many ways.

If I make up something like "eating soy makes men pussies and that's why there are so many transexuals now" and you decide that you are going to refute it by digging into numerous studies of soy (Probably the most researched crop ever, at least in the USA) combined with a history of eating soy and still being dudes, etc. etc. you will waste hours or even days to disprove something that took me 1 minute or less to read and adopt from someplace or someone else.

The most logical response is something like "STFU retard" and then moving on as if they said nothing other than something that required a drool bib afterwards.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby vagabond » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:43 am

Kurt wrote:The most logical response is something like "STFU retard" and then moving on as if they said nothing other than something that required a drool bib afterwards.

If only the media pundits had figured that out a while back. They'd rather get into the nitty-gritty, use science, logic, whatever to debate minute points, all the while Joe Bumfuck is laughing at him for being a beta snowflake.

Anyway, good luck with your infra stuff. Had a former manager that enjoyed showing off a feature in the Palo Alto firewalls that looked like WarGames on a map. All the attempts hitting from either China and Russia.

Do you think one of those nation-states has an already exploited backdoor on the grid somewhere waiting for things to really get hot so they can hold us hostage / turn things off at some point? Or are they just waiting for us to do ourselves in?

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:53 am

vagabond wrote:
Kurt wrote:We focused on attacks on infrastructure, both physical and cyber. My group handled the Cyber part and Penetration Testing and the Cops had their own intel unit that handled physical security.

Thanks for the report. I guess that fits in with what you mentioned on the power grid thread. I'm honestly not too worried about NYC vs the rural places where means and opportunity are far more available. It's interesting to contrast this with airport security where the most lax places have been the busiest and the TSA at less busy, podunk places more stringent.

Example:

I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:59 am

Kurt wrote:
vagabond wrote:

Yep, Soi Boi is basically a guy who eats soy or avoids meat and then gets loaded with female hormones and becomes a pussy.

The thing is there is a small amount of truth to that, but it's probably an insignificant amount of plant based hormones and our mammal asses probably cannot absorb it anyway.

But the one female hormone that men can absorb via plants is hops. Especially fresh hops used in IPAs. The disease is called Brewers Droop, since only Brewers used fresh hops but now the boil times are down and the average "juicy IPA" is often recommended for women going through or past menopause. So drink up and enjoy ladies! But dudes might want to avoid them.

However even beer is nothing compared to the environmental plastics we get exposed to constantly. The meat wrapping your steak probably contributes more to reduced testosterone than washing down Tofurky with an IPA.

Before leaded gasoline was tied to criminality, Liberals and Feminization of men were blamed for being "Soft on Crime" so we got harder and harder on Crime with it peaking in the Clinton Era with Biden helping quite a bit....Then Crime dropped because Leaded gasoline became scarcer and scarcer until it no longer existed in the US.

High Crime areas like Honduras and Venezuela still have leaded gasoline though....but lefties still get blamed for causing high crime and they don't object to being blamed for crime either, probably because of environmental plastics turning us into weenies.

Criminality is a little more complicated and multi-factor than lead in the gasoline.

Lead in gasoline was introduced in the 20s. It's sort of not really a great explanation of a surge in criminality and violence in the late 80s and early to mid 90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_pa ... ted_States

Non-marital birth rates started exploding in the late 60s, particularly in black communities, coinciding more or less with implementation of the Social Welfare Act of 1968. Those kids started entering their prime crime years in the 80s and 90s, and started aging out towards the tail end of the 90s.

It didn't help things that the CIA was using black communities as a dumping ground for crack cocaine either.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:52 am

Having spent the last few years in state "fusion centers", it's 99% people justifying their budget, job, or trying to get promoted within their agency.

I mean, I get soft targets and all, but have seen ATF and FBI agents literally to their face laughed at by state and local law enforcement in Tallahassee giving presentations about "neo nazi" and "proud boy" terrorists plotting to blow up shit here, there , etc...etc...etc. .

It's like the Clinton 90s all over again with a militia under everyone's bed.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:17 am

The Feebs were not present.
State PD and MTAPD with one Postal Inspector.
I got Jammies like that Soi Boi.
Its cozy.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:30 am

As far as lead goes it might be gasoline was a contributing factor but lead pipes, especially in older housing seems to be a major one.
https://scholar.harvard.edu/jfeigenbaum ... urban-data

https://www.niskanencenter.org/research ... ses-crime/

On the other hand the liberal claim that defunding edumacations makes us dum is quite likely wrong. Its da leads.

https://www.pnas.org/doi/full/10.1073/pnas.2118631119
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:00 am

What about lead paint?
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:20 am

Kurt wrote:The Feebs were not present.
State PD and MTAPD with one Postal Inspector.
I got Jammies like that Soi Boi.
Its cozy.

Postal Inspectors fly under the radar but I've heard they are pretty serious.

We had some mail stolen in my building. LAPD didn't give a crap about the break in but USPS actually wanted details and a report, plus they turned me onto the cool delivery digest where you can get scans of your incoming mail.

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe