I had no idea who Andrew Tate was

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: I had no idea who Andrew Tate was

Postby Alphabet » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:27 am

vagabond wrote:

I think Alphabet is more focused on the BS that happens to poor folks who their cash swiped by podunk PD vs where this guy stands.

Not at all. I'm against anyone having their assets taken from then pre conviction.

Rich...poor...whatever color..whatever political stance...whatever.

I'd say the same for anyone I vehemently disagree with, period. It's fucking wrong, and there is no way you can possibly spin it to make it right.

Just because you don't like or agree with Tate doesn't strip him of his rights. I'd say the same for fucking Hillary, Cardi B, what have you.

What penalties do you think should be handed down for false accusations that ruins a man's life?
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:25 am

Alphabet wrote:
vagabond wrote:

I think Alphabet is more focused on the BS that happens to poor folks who their cash swiped by podunk PD vs where this guy stands.

Not at all. I'm against anyone having their assets taken from then pre conviction.

I'd say the same for anyone I vehemently disagree with, period. It's fucking wrong, and there is no way you can possibly spin it to make it right.

Just because you don't like or agree with Tate doesn't strip him of his rights. I'd say the same for fucking Hillary, Cardi B, what have you.

What penalties do you think should be handed down for false accusations that ruins a man's life?

I think you, me, and ROB were in agreement. I had just assumed you were referencing the many stories of asset seizure that police do in the US that are BS.

Wealthy people can at least afford to fight to get it back (at least in those countries that ROB mentions) but usually they aren't a good target unless you really have something on them.

I think your main disagreement was on treatment in some wealthy, western democracies vs acting up elsewhere.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:04 am

Alphabet wrote:What penalties do you think should be handed down for false accusations that ruins a man's life?

I'd say in most cases in most Western countries (yes, that catch again), the existing civil damages laws would have you covered.

If we are still talking about Tate, I reckon you might even have a tough time proving damages, given the shit he has said against himself already.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:51 pm

vagabond wrote:
Alphabet wrote:
vagabond wrote:

I think you, me, and ROB were in agreement. I had just assumed you were referencing the many stories of asset seizure that police do in the US that are BS.

Wealthy people can at least afford to fight to get it back (at least in those countries that ROB mentions) but usually they aren't a good target unless you really have something on them.

I think your main disagreement was on treatment in some wealthy, western democracies vs acting up elsewhere.

Apologies...I went off half cocked.

Yes, it happens more to poor people. I guess the point I was trying to make is that even if you do have the scratch to fight it, it's sill wrong, and emotionally taxing.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:05 pm

ROB wrote:
Alphabet wrote:What penalties do you think should be handed down for false accusations that ruins a man's life?

I'd say in most cases in most Western countries (yes, that catch again), the existing civil damages laws would have you covered.

If we are still talking about Tate, I reckon you might even have a tough time proving damages, given the shit he has said against himself already.

I get your point, but when does "civil" become "criminal?"

In the US, if you can't pay child support, which is a civil matter, you go to jail. Where you aren't working, can't pay child support, which catches you extra charges. Now, how does a civil matter have criminal consequences? If the woman lies, saying you're the father, and it's proven you are not, men still have to pay, and there are no criminal repercussions for the fraud she committed.

Is it getting "better?" I mean...I guess. The Duke lacrosse players, Johnny Depp, etc..had their day in court and won some money, but that doesn't change the fact that there was literally criminal conspiracy going on in both cases, and none of the accusers saw jail time.

As for Tate, he might be a total cunt. But as far as I know, that isn't illegal, and shouldn't be.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:02 pm

Alphabet wrote:
ROB wrote:

In the US, if you can't pay child support, which is a civil matter, you go to jail. Where you aren't working, can't pay child support, which catches you extra charges. Now, how does a civil matter have criminal consequences? If the woman lies, saying you're the father, and it's proven you are not, men still have to pay, and there are no criminal repercussions for the fraud she committed.

Is it getting "better?" I mean...I guess. The Duke lacrosse players, Johnny Depp, etc..had their day in court and won some money, but that doesn't change the fact that there was literally criminal conspiracy going on in both cases, and none of the accusers saw jail time.

As for Tate, he might be a total cunt. But as far as I know, that isn't illegal, and shouldn't be.

I believe Civil can become Criminal when a court order is defied.

So not paying Child Support = Defying Court Order

Someone unemployed is not gonna be able to pay and a jailed person is not going to be able to get a job or work while jailed, so we gotta hope that the Court sees this fallacy, but too often they do not.

In NY its illegal not to pay child support but if you pay you cannot be arrested. Or at least that is what the law was when this dude named Danny Nunez kept giving my address as his address. He was even nice enough to tell people he lived there with me and I tried to protect him so if I told people he did not live with me they were not supposed to believe it.
You would not believe how many people believed this guy.
Anyway, already irresponsible people tend to be able to ditch this sort of thing better than responsible people
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby vagabond » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:34 pm

Kurt wrote:
Alphabet wrote:
ROB wrote:

I believe Civil can become Criminal when a court order is defied.

So not paying Child Support = Defying Court Order

Someone unemployed is not gonna be able to pay and a jailed person is not going to be able to get a job or work while jailed, so we gotta hope that the Court sees this fallacy, but too often they do not.

In NY its illegal not to pay child support but if you pay you cannot be arrested. Or at least that is what the law was when this dude named Danny Nunez kept giving my address as his address. He was even nice enough to tell people he lived there with me and I tried to protect him so if I told people he did not live with me they were not supposed to believe it.
You would not believe how many people believed this guy.
Anyway, already irresponsible people tend to be able to ditch this sort of thing better than responsible people

Twist! Danny Nunez is now George Santos!
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:44 pm

ROB wrote:

I guess. In theory. But some of that smoke never clears, some people still believe Richard Gere put that gerbil up his own ass.
Alphabet wrote: when does "civil" become "criminal?" In the US, if you can't pay child support, which is a civil matter, you go to jail
Jail is different from prison, no? Neither 'd look good on a resume. Over here, they just take your sh!t. Penal system has been overcrowded for quite a while.
Is it getting "better?" I mean...I guess.
Maybe you are asking the wrong people, let's face it, this place has always been kind of a sausage party.

Sure, there'll still be guys getting picked clean by divorce proceedings and sure, society might need some more time to take spousal abuse by women as serious as it does s a by men. But I've met too many smart chicks and too many dumb dudes to justify sh!t like women getting the vote so much later, being pinched/groped/licked and what-have-you.
Pendulum swinging for a bit, that's just how it goes...
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Alphabet » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:56 pm

el3so,

Depends on the state. It's always jail. If you are in jail, you can't work, that debt compounds, so you are now continuing to "defy" a court order. That can lead to prison. Oh, you also lose your passport, your driver's license, and if you are somehow able to avoid jail, your paycheck is automatically garnished before you get to do essential shit like, eat, pay rent, maintain a vehicle to get you to work if you live in the sticks where there is no mass transit, and on and on and on.

Chick lied to you about it being yours, so you signed the birth certificate in good faith, then later it turns out it isn't yours? Fuck you, you're paying until that kid is 18. Zero repercussions for the woman.

Have a special skill that you can use to make money overseas and pay the support? You're fucked because divorce lawyers 100% have the woman throw a DV charge in any proceedings. Court almost always grants it with no proof, and say bye bye to that security clearance that would get you that job. I've read contracts where you could literally have multiple DUIs, and be ok to a point, but a DV, even if you were eventually found not guilty, and they won't even look at you.

For context, my divorce was legit probably the best ever. We agreed on everything 50/50, kids spent 50/50 with us respectively, no alimony, no child support because wed basically just be giving each other the same cash over and pver, clear split. Legit chick.

So, no personal bias here, just going off fact, and what I've seen other men go through. Unless you are divorcing a down ass cool chick, which is like a negative of a percentage of a percentage in the US, you will get fucked. If you have kids with her, you will get gangbanged by the courts. Period.

And people wonder why guys like Tate get traction.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe