I had no idea who Andrew Tate was

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

I had no idea who Andrew Tate was

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:58 pm

But damn, that was hilarious.

Coincidentally we watched The Glass Onion last night. Quite good but not spectacular. Pretty much like "Midsommer Murders" but with with a production value. This will be the kind of show people my age watch in about 10 years that younger people will make fun of us for watching.

But they had an "Andrew Tate" type character and an "Elon Musk" type and a hodge-podge of George Santos types as well. I can see why Ben Shapiro hated it, it hit too close to home..but no Dry Wife jokes so it could have been more targeted if that was the goal.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: I had no idea who Andrew Tate was

Postby vagabond » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:17 pm

The first time I heard of this guy was yesterday from a friend. Then I looked at the news a few hours later and he was arrested.

Re: Glass Onion - I'm hoping to check it out over the weekend. If you want another entertaining-but-not-memorable mystery film, "See How They Run" was decent.

This George Santos guy...at first, I was like "ok, lying on his resume, maybe par for the course for a politician" but the dude lied about his MOM DYING on 9/11. Those are pretty big! The chutzpah!
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:03 am

Eh...he's a little annoying with the "if i just talk fast people will think I'm smart" Ben Shapiro thing..But once again with the rape charges.

Almost impossible to wash off even when found dead to rights not guilty.

He sticks up for men's rights, so he's hated. It's that simple.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:45 am

Alphabet wrote:Eh...he's a little annoying with the "if i just talk fast people will think I'm smart" Ben Shapiro thing..But once again with the rape charges.

He was kicked out of Big Brother for beating a woman, so not exactly Mr. Men's rights as in "Men have right to custody of Children based on their ability as a parent" which is something that still needs to be addressed in multiple court cases, but more like "I want to beat women so I am gonna latch on to this"

Also alot of these guys are hated cuz they are clowns.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:33 am

Kurt wrote:
Alphabet wrote:Eh...he's a little annoying with the "if i just talk fast people will think I'm smart" Ben Shapiro thing..But once again with the rape charges.

He was kicked out of Big Brother for beating a woman, so not exactly Mr. Men's rights as in "Men have right to custody of Children based on their ability as a parent" which is something that still needs to be addressed in multiple court cases, but more like "I want to beat women so I am gonna latch on to this"

Also alot of these guys are hated cuz they are clowns.

A lot of people are into kinky shit. There's entire fetishes on it. And gasp...some women are into it as well.

Video has zero context to it. You're being awfully judgmental about a guy you're claiming you don't know anything about.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:48 am

Its doesnt take too long to to ask "who the fuck is this guy?" And then use google and find out.
Not like I am the dudes biographer or anything.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:06 am

I heard about this guy a few months ago when he was being touted by Tucker Carlson.

You had to know the whole "I am not recycling Romanian pizza boxes and that led to my arrest story" would have been too funny to be true.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:51 am

I also had no idea about him. I just assumed there were shit-tonnes of people like him on twitchtok or whatever they use these days. The story is pretty funny, but probably not if you were one of the victims.

"Glass Onion" was ok but as good as entertaining as "Knives Out" imho.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:33 pm

Kurt wrote:Its doesnt take too long to to ask "who the fuck is this guy?" And then use google and find out.
Not like I am the dudes biographer or anything.

Exactly. When the arrest popped up on The Guardian there was already another 'popular' link to a profile they had done. The first few paragraphs gives you a taste of his 'men's rights'

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... k-new-star

Andrew Tate says women belong in the home, can’t drive, and are a man’s property.

He also thinks rape victims must “bear responsibility” for their attacks and dates women aged 18–19 because he can “make an imprint” on them, according to videos posted online.

In other clips, the British-American kickboxer – who poses with fast cars, guns and portrays himself as a cigar-smoking playboy – talks about hitting and choking women, trashing their belongings and stopping them from going out.

“It’s bang out the machete, boom in her face and grip her by the neck. Shut up bitch,” he says in one video, acting out how he’d attack a woman if she accused him of cheating. In another, he describes throwing a woman’s things out of the window. In a third, he calls an ex-girlfriend who accused him of hitting her – an allegation he denies – a “dumb hoe”.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:36 pm

snaark wrote:"Glass Onion" was ok but as good as entertaining as "Knives Out" imho.

That's what I've been hearing. I hated Craig's accent in the first, which friends told me was 'part of the fun', which I replied with "It's the same he used in the shitfest, Logan Lucky". This type of film is a fine line to dance on in terms of comedy and mystery, especially for a sequel. I've been going through Criterion Channel's recent "Screwball Comedy collection" - there are many ways to interpret a format but really hard to get right.

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:44 pm

I had no idea who this geezer was till yesterday. Seems like a right twat.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Kurt » Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:31 am

Since I suck at predictions like this and only I will keep my "below 90" rule in place I predict the following deaths.

Donald Trump.
Andrew Tate
Greta Thunberg
Andrew Dice Clay
Bill Clinton
Bill Cosby
The guy who played Norm in Cheers.
The Actual Pope (not the retired now dead Pope)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:26 pm

Lmao at all the "I had no idea who this guy was, but a quick Google search from all the appoved media, and a 10 second video tells me all I need to know."

Wow.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:33 pm

Kurt wrote:Since I suck at predictions like this and only I will keep my "below 90" rule in place I predict the following deaths.

Donald Trump.
Andrew Tate
Greta Thunberg
Andrew Dice Clay
Bill Clinton
Bill Cosby
The guy who played Norm in Cheers.
The Actual Pope (not the retired now dead Pope)

God save The Donald!

And The Diceman, may he not goith.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:29 pm

The Donald won’t die. Following his criminal convictions and sentencing, he will suffer a stroke followed by an 8 year coma, like Ariel Sharon. While there’s no precedent for keeping alive incarcerated former Presidents, to mollify the MAGA crowd he will receive the very best, most wonderful, perfect and beautiful medical care that can be provided by a penal hospital.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe