We need a new Death Pool

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: We need a new Death Pool

Postby ROB » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:05 am

Turned out to be right about basically everything.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:19 pm

ROB wrote:Turned out to be right about basically everything.

Yep.

On multiple levels.

The forgotten one was when she refused to share a venue with Andrew Dice Clay (who was pals with Rick Rubin...who recorded, produced and promoted his albums)

Compare her album Lion and The Cobra to ADC's album "Dice" one sounds contemporary to this day while "Dice" is the comedy equivalent of a "Whites Only" drinking fountain. (I was a DJ in the 80s so Dice was on rotation with her second album). One of his jokes then was how NYC was so mixed race he could no longer tell who was who anymore.
Hilarious.
It was bad then but now it is bad and dated. Unlike O'Connors work.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby SRR » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:37 pm

And now Pee-wee Herman.

Is nothing in this universe sacred?
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby Kurt » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:23 pm

The Smashmouth guy.

I had no idea who the fuck Smashmouth was until the 2020 Sturgis rally that helped spread COVID-19 all over the place in the USA.

"Imagine risking exposure to Covid for this ... and voluntary exposure to Smash Mouth at the same time,"

That tweet got my attention and then I found out they pretty much did the music for the Movie Shrek, which I also did not see.

Anyway, he died. The conspiracy theory is he died of the COVID-19 vaccine which made it so he was not able to fight the damage alcohol was doing to his liver.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:53 pm

Cancer got Jimmy Buffet last week. That sucks as I really liked his music. He had a concert in TO just before I moved to England and I worked it. Made big time cash as all the ageing parrot heads were to high and lazy to do much in the way of walking. Bought a ticket for ten bucks off a scalper and saw the show and it was awesome.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Kurt » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:15 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:Cancer got Jimmy Buffet last week. That sucks as I really liked his music. He had a concert in TO just before I moved to England and I worked it. Made big time cash as all the ageing parrot heads were to high and lazy to do much in the way of walking. Bought a ticket for ten bucks off a scalper and saw the show and it was awesome.

Have you ever met a poor Parrot Head?

I never have. They are never moneybags types but I have not ever met one that is broke-ass. (maybe Florida dwellers have a different take on it)

But that is one thing about them that is kind of cool, relaxed, drinking, smoking weed, eating cheeseburgers and listening to music well into middle and old age. Basically doing everything "Wrong" according to anti-drug ads when I was in JR High and High School but still better off and having more fun than the prudes. So good for them.

I did disapprove of Buffett's lack of volcano preparedness in his music but he was still cool and his fans are cool.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:21 pm

I don't know where Ima gonna go.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:20 pm

Kurt wrote:No way Diane Feinstein lives another month. Old people kick off when they have that pallor and you can see their skin outline the bones in their hands.

She might be dead after I hit submit.

She lived 4.5 months so I was "Wrong" but still right.

Anyway, the best comment I heard about her a few months ago when she refused to step down because of age was that was a sign she was her old self because she was always selfish, opportunistic and mostly useless.

If worthy people like Moscone and Milk had not been murdered the host she leeched off of would have rejected her immediately.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:53 am

Holy crap. Matt Perry was younger than me.

And dying in a hot tub is totally a thing I would do (I love them..hash + beer + hot tub)

I think I should get some pool noodles or something.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Devlin » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:15 am

Kurt wrote:
Kurt wrote:No way Diane Feinstein lives another month. Old people kick off when they have that pallor and you can see their skin outline the bones in their hands.

She might be dead after I hit submit.

She lived 4.5 months so I was "Wrong" but still right.

Anyway, the best comment I heard about her a few months ago when she refused to step down because of age was that was a sign she was her old self because she was always selfish, opportunistic and mostly useless.

If worthy people like Moscone and Milk had not been murdered the host she leeched off of would have rejected her immediately.

The best part about San Fran politics from back in those days is that Feinstein and Nancy run away from any connection that they had with Jim Jones but they all wanted the votes he could bring in.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:50 am

Oh yah. I keep forgetting about Jones. The Civil Rights icon.

And how pissed off people were with Leo Ryan for believing the People's Temple victims....until he was murdered by them.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe