That Santos guy...Or Devolder Guy. Whomever he is

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re:

Postby vagabond » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:20 pm

el3so wrote:
Kurt wrote:They are being funny. But there is a reason why clowns are scary too.

I don't find clowns funny, especially those hospital ones.

You never saw the show Childrens Hospital?
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Re: That Santos guy...Or Devolder Guy. Whomever he is

Postby mb » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:29 am

mb
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:55 pm

And he bragged about it during fundraising too. Basically it shows how much cred Trump world gives to people who know people investigated by Mueller.

The other ones discovered are:

1. He did a Stop The Steal Rally speech wearing stolen clothes.
2. He lambasted "lazy" young people by saying he worked his way through NYU and graduated without debt. Which was true, except for the NYU part and the graduation part he did emerge from that period of time he could have been at NYU without College Debt to pay off.
3. He did the "This is a bad area, Let me hold your jewelry for you for a while" scam followed by a "I was robbed, told you it was a bad area" excuse.

What is extra funny is how he conned the Republican party. Apparently it is split into two factions in Nassau County NY and he went to both factions and said he was with them and promised them each Goldman Sachs donations. Even though a background check corporation found he never worked for Goldman Sachs each faction did not want to lose his Goldman Sachs fundraising potential, even though he did not have it. They just wanted to make sure the other side did not have him on the off chance it was true.

Then there is that guy in Albuquerque. Loses election, claims it was "Stolen" and then shoots up or hires people to shoot up the houses of Democrats for a whole month before finally getting caught. Before he was candidate he was in Prison for 7 years because he ran a Smash & Grab shoplifting operation.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/17/us/solom ... index.html

Trump really inspired some shitty candidates. Like actual criminals who say "Shoplifting and conning for money is getting old...I am gonna run for office!"
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby vagabond » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:12 pm

And yet, the dude is still sitting in Congress right now. Why would criminal traitors kick him out when they have his vote?

Also, I like to wind down PBS Newshour on YT every now and then. They had the head of one of the Nassau Cty Republican groups on. He made lots of good points up until he then tried to swing the blame on Dems. "Where was their opposition research? Why didn't they do all this work for us?" Fucking ridiculous. Look at the definition of the word representative - this fool REPRESENTS what y'all have become.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:26 am

Your man got on the Science, Space and Technology Committee and the Small Business Committee.

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:33 pm

vagabond wrote:Your man got on the Science, Space and Technology Committee and the Small Business Committee.

To pwn the libs.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby vagabond » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:32 pm

Kurt wrote:
vagabond wrote:Your man got on the Science, Space and Technology Committee and the Small Business Committee.

To pwn the libs.

Further news came out about a) McCarthy and Stefanik being aware of this dude's BS and b) that he stole money from a doggie cancer fund.

DT impersonators just getting younger I guess. Didn't Trump steal money from cancer charities too?

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:08 am

vagabond wrote:
Kurt wrote:

To pwn the libs.

Further news came out about a) McCarthy and Stefanik being aware of this dude's BS and b) that he stole money from a doggie cancer fund.

DT impersonators just getting younger I guess. Didn't Trump steal money from cancer charities too?

I am not sure about Trump. But if Trump had been running the "Save the Disabled Vet's Dog" charity the dog would have lived and the Vet would have got some $$$.

Then after that was paid for and publicity had, then he would have found a way for the "Save The Dog" charity to owe Trump Org 90% of their donations.

That is why Santos is an idiot, lowlife conman. A higher class of Conman would have known that Disabled Vets and Dogs are Plutonium to maltreat, but a chump bux goldmine if both Vet and Dog were treated well.

Most likely Santos getting elected stalled his inevitable "End up in Prison" fate that dumb conmen earn.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:04 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUJuf4smRWk

Apparently this is George Santos in drag.

4:21 mark.

This is one of the more decent things he has done. But this will be what undoes him since the GOP is ok with crims and con men but not ok with Drag Queens.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby vagabond » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:18 pm

Kurt wrote:
vagabond wrote:
Kurt wrote:

To pwn the libs.

I am not sure about Trump. But if Trump had been running the "Save the Disabled Vet's Dog" charity the dog would have lived and the Vet would have got some $$$.

Then after that was paid for and publicity had, then he would have found a way for the "Save The Dog" charity to owe Trump Org 90% of their donations.

That is why Santos is an idiot, lowlife conman. A higher class of Conman would have known that Disabled Vets and Dogs are Plutonium to maltreat, but a chump bux goldmine if both Vet and Dog were treated well.

Most likely Santos getting elected stalled his inevitable "End up in Prison" fate that dumb conmen earn.

Good point.

But the dude is failing up. Until he's longer needed.

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:48 pm

There’s talk of expelling him from Congress. Three members of Congress were expelled in the 19C for supporting the Confederate rebellion, one in the 20C for taking bribes and one in 21C for taking bribes, racketeering & etc. Expulsion is rare.

This guy is definitely unlikable, a pathological liar, a thief, and as phony as a $3 bill ….. not that different from some of his GOP peers ….. but he WAS elected by voters. There is no possible scenario that I can see for him to be re-elected when his 2 year term ends so I say just let this play out. Otherwise, the GOP led Congress will just start making noise about expelling Democrats willy-nilly until there are none left. Their intention, after all, is to dismantle our government.

That Santos guy should just serve as a cautionary tale about the importance of being an informed voter. And also, if any of you live in a district where your elected Representative refuses to hold Town Halls or such events or if he or she refuses to engage with voters at all, let that be a “tell”.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:08 am

Politicians lie. Won't turn this thread into whataboutism from plenty of Democrats who lied about their background.

Get rid of all of them.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:03 am

Alphabet wrote:Politicians lie. Won't turn this thread into whataboutism from plenty of Democrats who lied about their background.

Get rid of all of them.

There is Whataboutism and Whatthefuckism.

Whataboutism is finding that someone in both parties claimed they passed the Bar on their first try when they either did not pass it at all or passed it on their third try.

Whatthefuckism is George Santos.

But he is the logical pinnacle of what happens when we tolerate a bit of bullshit here and there in elected officials.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:39 pm

Kurt wrote:
Alphabet wrote:Politicians lie. Won't turn this thread into whataboutism from plenty of Democrats who lied about their background.

Get rid of all of them.

There is Whataboutism and Whatthefuckism.

Whataboutism is finding that someone in both parties claimed they passed the Bar on their first try when they either did not pass it at all or passed it on their third try.

Whatthefuckism is George Santos.

But he is the logical pinnacle of what happens when we tolerate a bit of bullshit here and there in elected officials.

So..

Majewski (R) and the GOP actually cut off support for him.
Warren (D)
Blumenthal (D)
Shavers (D)
And I mean literally everything Biden has said about his past..

Again, not about whataboutism, I'm just curious if your definition of whathefuckism only extends to Republicans..
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:30 pm

Alphabet wrote:
So..

Majewski (R) and the GOP actually cut off support for him.
Warren (D)
Blumenthal (D)
Shavers (D)
And I mean literally everything Biden has said about his past..

Again, not about whataboutism, I'm just curious if your definition of whathefuckism only extends to Republicans..

Biden and others literally lead to Santos. So I do think Republicans find "big lies" to be more acceptable than Dems do but the Dems were just as guilty and ARE just as guilty at all the smaller lies (not little, but definitely smaller) as Republicans.

"Cornpop" was a "Whatthefuckism" before Trump raised the bar with "I won" and then Santos raised it further with literally everthing that oozed out of his mouth.

The Dems ignore lies from their leaders but the Republicans embrace the lies and see the lies as valuable. That is the difference.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe