The Biden classified documents

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

The Biden classified documents

Postby Tarkan » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:13 pm

Do looks like TPTB have decided they don't want Biden running for President in 2024.

The cynic in me highly doubts that Garland is a equal treatment kind of guy with respect to mishandling of classified documents.

Obviously, from a Biden perspective, this is not helpful at all.

So someone else is pulling the strings.

Assuming Biden resigns and Kamala takes over, who she appoints as her VP will be telling on who the Democrats are grooming for 2024.

Kamala won't win the nomination in 2024 even as "President".
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Re: The Biden classified documents

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:25 pm

Yah, it is bad that Biden took the documents and his legal team denied they had the documents at all and then only after a search warrant was executed did they find the classified documents at all.

Then the way Biden tried to claim the Documents were his without any effort to declassify them.

What Biden should have done was what Trump did:

Have his Legal Team work with the DOJ and notify them when they discovered documents so the DOJ could investigate. Too bad that did not happen, now Biden us screwed.

But anyway, the investigation should go forward and those people who did fuck up, be it Biden or someone else (guessing Biden had the ones next to his 'Vette) then they should be subject to whatever prosecution or fine is appropriate.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:42 am

There is nothing politically about Biden I like. Period.

That said, he is being abused. It's very clear he suffers from dementia, it's elder abuse, and it's disgusting.

It's sick, and in my opinion criminal. And to be fair, I believe the same happened to Reagan.

It isn't political. It's just gross.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:29 am

Alphabet wrote:There is nothing politically about Biden I like. Period.

That said, he is being abused. It's very clear he suffers from dementia, it's elder abuse, and it's disgusting.

It's sick, and in my opinion criminal. And to be fair, I believe the same happened to Reagan.

It isn't political. It's just gross.

Reagan was diagnosed with Alzheimers after his brain surgery in Rochester Minnesota in, I think 1987. A friend of mine's dad was his brain surgeon and apparently he spilled the beans at the dinner table and she spilled the beans to us in the Cafeteria a few years later. (1989)

My college sleaze connections are impeccable. Went to school with Pares Shah, now the pretender to Nepalese Throne. I saved him from Hypothermia when he was drunk and he went on to murder peasants who made fun of him by running them down with his Mercedes. I used to hang with Newt's wife too. She is a really amazing musician with a beautiful singing voice but she had a "thing" for old, powerful men...as one does at that age.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:17 pm

It's not even minor dementia, it's full blown. You have to consider we largely only get to see him when he's at his best, fully cocktailed up. The rest of the time he's probably shitting his pants.

It's pretty obvious if you watch his performances in the 2008 and 2012 debates vs. now or even his 2020 debate against Trump. He's suffered steep cognitive decline.

Kurt: TBH, I don't really care about either Trump's or Biden's classified documents. Hillary did far, far worse IMHO and was able to destroy evidence while all of her fellow co-conspirators got blanket immunity even after destroying evidence. The thing is, if Biden was in control of things, this would have been buried. Someone else clearly doesn't want Joe to run and isn't happy with Jill being President anymore.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:17 pm

Tarkan wrote:

It's not even minor dementia, it's full blown. You have to consider we largely only get to see him when he's at his best, fully cocktailed up. The rest of the time he's probably shitting his pants.

It's pretty obvious if you watch his performances in the 2008 and 2012 debates vs. now or even his 2020 debate against Trump. He's suffered steep cognitive decline.

Kurt: TBH, I don't really care about either Trump's or Biden's classified documents. Hillary did far, far worse IMHO and was able to destroy evidence while all of her fellow co-conspirators got blanket immunity even after destroying evidence. The thing is, if Biden was in control of things, this would have been buried. Someone else clearly doesn't want Joe to run and isn't happy with Jill being President anymore.

Take this as you will but one point I've seen on Reddit, that I agree with, is that there's obviously some sort of problem with document retention. People that claim to have had classified or higher access have discussed how a lot of stuff is overclassified but, outside of that, why isn't there a better chain of custody? Why is so much of this still on paper?

The larger issue seems to be a security issue around this stuff in the executive branch. Kind of ridiculous after you have shit like the OPM hacks along with agents of foreign actors lingering around.

I'll barely chime in on Biden's health. Elsewhere, people have been calling it ageist to call into question an 80 year olds fitness for office (or, as I've seen people doing, defending Feinstein of all people). I don't give a shit if it's ageist. Most people, 'of a certain age' experience mental and physical declines, some more severely than others. That's life. We should want people in office that will have a stake in living in the future they create, not just hoping they have a good rep after they kick it.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:05 pm

I agree Vagabond. You don't see a lot of 80 year old people running fortune 500 corporations, and being President is a much more demanding job than being CEO of a sneaker company.

Now there are probably a handful of 80 year olds with the cognitive and physical energy to rival the average 40 year old. But they are few and far between. Trump, Sanders, and Biden are all too old to lead this country.

It's also ageism not to allow people under 35 to run for President, we haven't had a problem with that, we shouldn't have a problem talking about fitness for office when candidates reach a certain age.

The problem with dementia and cognitive decline and old people is it can set in really fast. You elect someone that's pretty fit at 77, and they are drooling on themselves 4 years later, and dementia goes exponential at age 80 (with 20% of the population having it at 80, and 50% of the population having it by age 85).

Regarding classified data by ex-Presidents/Presidents, I said this when Trump first came under fire for this. I bet there's a bunch of classified documents that get taken by all sorts of people. With Presidents and VPs it's probably largely a staff issue, since I don't expect them to be handling a lot of papers personally when it comes to moving out. I doubt it's malfeasance or incompetence as much as just the sheer volume of classified material that gets produced / passes through those offices and ends up in a box somewhere that gets shuttled to a garage, or a Presidential library, or a closet. It became an item to scrutinize under Trump as yet another way to try to get him, but I suspect most Presidencies are "guilty" of similar. I think it's a witch hunt with Trump and a witch hunt with Biden.

Hell, Daniel Ellsberg stole a shitload of highly classified data around our nuclear war plans (in addition to leaking the Pentagon Papers*) and never was prosecuted.

* Ironically, the Pentagon Papers completely whitewashed the CIA's involvement in the Phoenix Program and blamed the failures in Vietnam on the US Army, rather than the CIA's kidnapping/torture/murder/assassination program helping turn the population against us, which has made some people speculate that Ellsberg leaking the Pentagon Papers when and how he did was very intentionally convenient for the CIA - see https://www.amazon.com/CIA-Organized-Cr ... 0997287012 as a reference to this.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:09 pm

Tarkan wrote:I agree Vagabond. You don't see a lot of 80 year old people running fortune 500 corporations, and being President is a much more demanding job than being CEO of a sneaker company.

Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger are 92 and 99 respectively and they seem to do alright.

That notwithstanding, this seems like a home goal by the dems.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:14 pm

snaark wrote:
Tarkan wrote:I agree Vagabond. You don't see a lot of 80 year old people running fortune 500 corporations, and being President is a much more demanding job than being CEO of a sneaker company.

Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger are 92 and 99 respectively and they seem to do alright.

They both made their nut and the big calls from 60's-90's. Buffett became a billionaire at 59 if my math and Wikipedia are correct. Big difference from making important day-to-day decisions and handling crisis over 80

snaark wrote:
Tarkan wrote:That notwithstanding, this seems like a home goal by the dems.

Do you mean own goal? Because yeah, it's what the Dems are good at. But they're also held to a higher standard.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:17 pm

Now there are probably a handful of 80 year olds with the cognitive and physical energy to rival the average 40 year old. But they are few and far between. Trump, Sanders, and Biden are all too old to lead this country.

It's also ageism not to allow people under 35 to run for President, we haven't had a problem with that, we shouldn't have a problem talking about fitness for office when candidates reach a certain age.

The problem with dementia and cognitive decline and old people is it can set in really fast. You elect someone that's pretty fit at 77, and they are drooling on themselves 4 years later, and dementia goes exponential at age 80 (with 20% of the population having it at 80, and 50% of the population having it by age 85).

Regarding classified data by ex-Presidents/Presidents, I said this when Trump first came under fire for this. I bet there's a bunch of classified documents that get taken by all sorts of people. With Presidents and VPs it's probably largely a staff issue, since I don't expect them to be handling a lot of papers personally when it comes to moving out. I doubt it's malfeasance or incompetence as much as just the sheer volume of classified material that gets produced / passes through those offices and ends up in a box somewhere that gets shuttled to a garage, or a Presidential library, or a closet. It became an item to scrutinize under Trump as yet another way to try to get him, but I suspect most Presidencies are "guilty" of similar. I think it's a witch hunt with Trump and a witch hunt with Biden.

Hell, Daniel Ellsberg stole a shitload of highly classified data around our nuclear war plans (in addition to leaking the Pentagon Papers*) and never was prosecuted.

* Ironically, the Pentagon Papers completely whitewashed the CIA's involvement in the Phoenix Program and blamed the failures in Vietnam on the US Army, rather than the CIA's kidnapping/torture/murder/assassination program helping turn the population against us, which has made some people speculate that Ellsberg leaking the Pentagon Papers when and how he did was very intentionally convenient for the CIA - see https://www.amazon.com/CIA-Organized-Cr ... 0997287012 as a reference to this.

Came across this about moving stuff: https://www.archives.gov/publications/p ... ransitions

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:45 pm

Title seems off from the amazon blurb.

Haven't read it, think CIA honchos were aware about the possibility of agents getting corrupted. One of those weird, cold war era "when in Rome" situations.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Tarkan » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:24 am

Yeah, it's not about individual CIA agents getting corrupted, it's about the CIA being organizationally corrupt and involved in drug trafficking and protecting drug traffickers from the beginning, starting with Chiang Kaishek.

FWIW, Douglas Valentine is very left of center.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:51 pm

vagabond wrote:
snaark wrote:

They both made their nut and the big calls from 60's-90's. Buffett became a billionaire at 59 if my math and Wikipedia are correct. Big difference from making important day-to-day decisions and handling crisis over 80

Fair point. I actually agree with you, I'm just being contrarian. I don't think an octogenarian should be president, let alone running for another term. But then again mummified corpse would be an improvement over the last clown you lot elected.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:03 pm

Tarkan wrote: organizationally corrupt and involved in drug trafficking and protecting drug traffickers from the beginning, starting with Chiang Kaishek
You prop up the puppet regime you have, not the the puppet regime you might want or wish to have at a later time.

Considering the opponent was international communism, I figured you'd be down with the ends justifying the means.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Tarkan » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:45 am

el3so wrote:
Tarkan wrote: organizationally corrupt and involved in drug trafficking and protecting drug traffickers from the beginning, starting with Chiang Kaishek
You prop up the puppet regime you have, not the the puppet regime you might want or wish to have at a later time.

Considering the opponent was international communism, I figured you'd be down with the ends justifying the means.

Sure, you can rationalize it to a certain extent, and given the choice between Chiang Kaishek and Mao, I'd pick Kaishek every day of the week. But strangely, international communism has disappeared as a geopolitical threat, but the CIA is very likely still mixed up with drug trafficking in Mexico.

And even if they aren't, this stuff ultimately ends up culminating in places Afghanistan, where we were propping up child raping opium warlords and murdering peasants at their behest. And Afghanistan was the "good war." But hey, the US embassy was able to fly a rainbow flag for a couple of weeks.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe