Can we actually live in "harmony" with nature?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Postby el3so » Wed May 24, 2023 5:44 pm

Alphabet wrote: Leave the Florida property to the kids.
Spend time with them on it, that way it'll be more than stuff to sell off once you kick the bucket. Once they are of a certain age, it's like a pretty safe place to hang out and engage in all sorts of debauchery they haven't invented yet.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Can we actually live in "harmony" with nature?

Postby Alphabet » Thu May 25, 2023 6:54 pm

Kurt wrote:If I did not have to work a job I would volunteer to be labor just to get some work on real land in and to enjoy some Florida wildlife.

I would also drink milk in front of you.

Another determining factor on the pause is the Kubota I wanted to order? Couldn't give me a delivery date in under a year.

Mother nature works in mysterious ways.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu May 25, 2023 7:59 pm

Alphabet wrote:
Kurt wrote:If I did not have to work a job I would volunteer to be labor just to get some work on real land in and to enjoy some Florida wildlife.

Another determining factor on the pause is the Kubota I wanted to order? Couldn't give me a delivery date in under a year.

https://packgoats.com/

You are welcome.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Sat May 27, 2023 7:04 pm

Kurt wrote:
Alphabet wrote:

You are welcome.

I'm not there enough to responsibly have livestock.

Biggest issue now as a land owner, is the bullshit corner crossing ruling that just came out of Wyoming. Hoping it doesn't spread to down here.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:31 pm

I got too many sunflowers so I have started to prune them out. They look like plants but are long out of the "sprout" stage.

All parts of the sunflower are edible at all times so I sampled it.

Small leaves are really bitter. Larger leaves like 1" or more are pretty decent and similar in taste to radicchio, but less bitter so IMO it is better and cheaper than radicchio.

The stems. Top of the stem tastes like a nutty leaf. lower stem, which is really fibrous. tastes like a parsnip.

The root tastes like a mung bean sprout.

THis is from a 1.5 ' tall plant.

I had heard that Native americans used to just keep planting them and always harvest them instead of Planting Time and Harvest time. Makes sense when you have a constantly changing and always edible plant.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:12 am

Kurt wrote: All parts of the sunflower are edible at all times so I sampled it.
They what now?

I grow them for that short while when yellow on a green background looks oh so nice. Low maintenance. Never knew you could eat them.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Kurt » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:42 am

el3so wrote:
Kurt wrote: All parts of the sunflower are edible at all times so I sampled it.
They what now?

I grow them for that short while when yellow on a green background looks oh so nice. Low maintenance. Never knew you could eat them.

The face can be eaten once the flower petals come out. I am gonna boil my face, then grill it face up then cover in olive oil and salt.

I cannot wait to eat my face.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:59 pm

Alphabet wrote:
Kurt wrote:
Alphabet wrote:

You are welcome.

I'm not there enough to responsibly have livestock.

Biggest issue now as a land owner, is the bullshit corner crossing ruling that just came out of Wyoming. Hoping it doesn't spread to down here.

Huh? How is that a bullshit ruling? IIRC, the ruling basically means you can't trespass someone for crossing a corner.

Say

XO
OX

You own or lease the X's, the O's still have an effective easement to cross from one O to the other O.

Or are you talking about a different ruling?
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe