Iran

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Iran

Postby sparrow » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:14 am

Can someone explain to me how a theocracy, that is, a religious government that believes that a God is recognized as the supreme civil ruler of the state, rationalizes selling bomb drones to a mafia pretending to be a government so that very same mafia can bomb another neighboring country?

I mean really, what God are you worshiping?

Fuck, maybe the people were better off with the Shah.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Re: Iran

Postby Michael » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:22 am

To hijack a line from von Clausewitz: Religion "is simply the continuation of political intercourse with the addition of other means."
Michael
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:43 am

Iran is a theocracy in name and fascist in practice. like all governments, it claims to be one thing but in fact is generally organized and operates along oligarchical/totalitarian principles that empower/enrich the few at the expense of the many. once you move past the hand wringing it's pretty simple to grasp.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:49 pm

Been a while man!
Fansy wrote: hand wringing
Fucking savages.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Alphabet » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:27 am

Yeah....not our business. Just like Ukraine, the Middle East, SE Asia, Central Asia, Europe, and on and on and on hasn't been our business.

Fight your own wars.

Not one ounce of American blood or one penny of treasure.

I do have my popcorn ready to see Ukrainians hanging off the wheel wells of C-17s while Z bugs out to Tel Aviv though.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:54 am

^NATO not your thing James? And yeah, I know, Ukraine not yet a member.
sparrow
Canadia

Postby sparrow » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:57 am

Fansy wrote:Iran is a theocracy in name and fascist in practice. like all governments, it claims to be one thing but in fact is generally organized and operates along oligarchical/totalitarian principles that empower/enrich the few at the expense of the many. once you move past the hand wringing it's pretty simple to grasp.

Of course. No hand wringing here. Just throwing the absurdity of life out there into the universe.
sparrow
Canadia

Return to Black Flag Cafe