Trump: blah blah Indicted blah

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Trump: blah blah Indicted blah

Postby ROB » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:36 pm

gnaruki wrote:I can't name a single society of any size that has provided true freedom for everyone. Liberal democracies have permitted the greatest amount of freedom and liberty to the most people, arguably.

I'd broadly agree. I'd also make the observation that most liberal democracies, from the beginning, have been bureaucracy-heavy.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:42 pm

SCOTUS has ordered Trump back on the ballot in Colorado. They declared that States do not have States Rights when it comes to removing someone from Federal Ballot (The primary is not a ballot but meh..I was not there)

Now all Trump has to do is delay the various insurrection and classified documents charges and then he can see if the landline calling pollsters are correct.

He wins and then pardons himself and every J6er and unleashes violence upon anyone who opposes him.

Or the Media pressure for "Biden is Old" works and the Dems stupidly get someone else to run. (The reason why that is dumb is in the US incumbents always have a certain lead over challengers. Trump not facing an incumbent would mean he would be very likely to win.

The way to get Trump off the ballot is to convict him of Insurrection. So now his delay tactics are essential.

As far as winning goes I will never count Trump "out" but for his plan to win to work there are too many factors that need to go correctly. Just the laws of Complexity show that failure is more likely to happen with the more steps needed to achieve success.

And Trump is dumb.

He is surrounded by idiots as well.

He recently had a rally where the guy who recited the Pledge of Allegiance forgot the words and actually forgot the word "Flag" and then they forgot the lyrics to The Star Spangled Banner then Trump got up and confused Biden with Obama and could not pronounce Venezuela. Not exactly an awe inspiring event.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:54 pm

If any left leaning third party candidate campaigns persistently Trump is going to win.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:44 pm

gnaruki wrote:If any left leaning third party candidate campaigns persistently Trump is going to win.

RFK Jr. is the closest but most polls have him taking away the leftish "wellness" crowd the defected to Trump during vaccine mandates.
I doubt he will get more than .5% of Trump supporters.
The big fuck up will be if enough progressives defect because of Gaza. The dems bend backwards for Liz Cheney Republicans even though that group was less than 3% of Biden voters in 2020 but they tell the Progs to fuck off every chance they get even though they make up about 1/4 to 1/3 of Biden voters.
Most progs I know, including myself, are voting Biden no matter what just because what is at stake.
The problem is this gives Big Donor Democrats a reason to elevate Trump or Trump like candidates while knocking down lefties.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:54 am

If Americans choose not to vote in November because Biden has not taken a hard-line against Israel’s war do they think that Palestine and Lebanon will be saved from further death and destruction with America re-electing Trump? Fools.

I wonder about Trump. He is not healthy, obviously. It would not surprise me if he were to die of natural causes right before Election Day. I wonder how that would play out if say, he were to drop dead in October.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:35 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:If Americans choose not to vote in November because Biden has not taken a hard-line against Israel’s war do they think that Palestine and Lebanon will be saved from further death and destruction with America re-electing Trump? Fools.

I wonder about Trump. He is not healthy, obviously. It would not surprise me if he were to die of natural causes right before Election Day. I wonder how that would play out if say, he were to drop dead in October.

Yep. Punish Biden = Punish ourselves. Plus Trump would probably give Netanyahu even more leeway while complaining he was not being "stronger".

But we also can see how 30% of the democratic voters will be forced to vote for someone we never would vote for.

Whats really annoying is when they trot out that asshole James Carville. He sits there calling progressives stupid while the media forgets his "consulting" in 1997s Honduran election helped keep abortion illegal there and now Honduras jails the most women for abortion than any other nation.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 pm

Kurt wrote:
But we also can see how 30% of the democratic voters will be forced to vote for someone we never would vote for.

Yeah. We saw how that worked out in 2000 when Ralph Nadar got
a significant number of votes. We ended up with the SCOTUS Gore/Bush ruling.

I’m still wondering about the health question. If either candidate were to die or become incapacitated during the election cycle how would that work? If Trump died between the primary and Election Day would the RNC select the candidate to replace him for the November election?
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:15 am

seektravelinfo wrote:
Kurt wrote:

Yeah. We saw how that worked out in 2000 when Ralph Nadar got
a significant number of votes. We ended up with the SCOTUS Gore/Bush ruling.

I’m still wondering about the health question. If either candidate were to die or become incapacitated during the election cycle how would that work? If Trump died between the primary and Election Day would the RNC select the candidate to replace him for the November election?

They are both at the age where sudden croaking is not rare.

Shit, I have entered the realm of sudden croaking too (56) but I am no where near the probability rate of a fat 77 year old or an 81 year old.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:59 am

Lol...Every single fucking election year:

Left: It's the most important election ever! We're literally going to be Nazi Germany if we don't elect a Democrat. End of times for Democracy in the US!

Right: It's the most important election year ever! We're literally going to be Communist Russia if we don't elect a Republican. End of times for Democracy in the US!

Rinse, repeat.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:08 pm

The other really dumb thing we do is we assign the protection of things we value to a really old person just so one side can hope they die and the other side hopes they stay alive.

Racist Ruth Bader Ginsburg was one (and yes, she was racist. Refused to hire black clerks with the same degree as white and asian clerks because she claimed that they were not as skilled) So the dems were dumb enought to hinge a 49 year campaign to protect abortion on a doily wearing 89 year old bigot with cancer.

If Trump croaks, his fans will lose their shit.

Biden croaks it will be business as usual. Some idiot will try to promote Hillary again. Another idiot will promote Bloomburg. Same as it ever was.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:43 am

Alphabet wrote:Lol...Every single fucking election year:

Left: It's the most important election ever! We're literally going to be Nazi Germany if we don't elect a Democrat. End of times for Democracy in the US!

Right: It's the most important election year ever! We're literally going to be Communist Russia if we don't elect a Republican. End of times for Democracy in the US!

Rinse, repeat.

I agree to a point, but neither Romney nor McCain ever got this horror from the left.

Everyone seems to get this horror from the right. I mean, sleepy joe may not be inspiring, but he is pretty vanilla as far as presidents go.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:37 pm

gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:35 pm

gnaruki wrote:https://apnews.com/article/e-jean-carroll-trump-defamation-appeal-298114f9b8c402643ec4747671fc75de

Surprising a Chubb subsidiary is taking on the risk.

Chubb probably gave him their AAA+ rating in hopes of hedging their bets without taking on the $.5 billion bond for the NYS judgement.

There is a good chance Trump just paid $1 million for $83 million. Maybe less.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:59 pm

Rinse, repeat.

That’s a facile argument you’ve got there. I for one am glad that people (citizens, not PAC’s and corporations) are engaged in this election and I hope that more will be in the months to come. Every election is the most important election ever.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:26 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:

Rinse, repeat.

That’s a facile argument you’ve got there. I for one am glad that people (citizens, not PAC’s and corporations) are engaged in this election and I hope that more will be in the months to come. Every election is the most important election ever.

It's spot on.

My entire adult life in which I've been of age to vote, it is the same shit every election cycle.

The Hannitys and Limbaughs and O'Reillys saying if we don't re elect Bush, or get Romney or McCain or Trump in, it's the end of the Republicans, and we'll never see another one elected in our lifetime. Clinton has FEMA camps ready, Obama is setting up rape camps for your daughters, Biden will take your guns.

Vs

The Maddows, TYTs, Matthews saying if we don't re elect Clinton or Obama or Biden, it's the end of the Democrats. There will be state sanctioned torchlight parades, the new SA going house to house rounding up fags, women chained to their stove..

It happens every fucking election year. You've just got your head so far up your "muh team" ass, that you can't admit it.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe