Trump: blah blah Indicted blah

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Trump: blah blah Indicted blah

Postby Kurt » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:47 pm

gnaruki wrote:
Kurt wrote:
Once his private jet is no longer used that will be the sign he is out.

Yep. He'll be walking the jetway with a cardboard sign and jerry can before he gives it up though.

I saw an interview with Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick once. He said the dumbest thing he ever did was buy a Jet. Really expensive and they cost a fortune to maintain. But apparently they are freaking awesome. Imagine comparing the discomfort of traveling and airports now to flying where-ever you want and to have a real bed or a giant, puffy lounge chair. Rick Nielsen spoke of the Jet the same way other Rock Starts spoke of Cocaine, being that it almost ruined him.

I suspect the worst that Trump has ever flown would have been a Charter flight somewhere. I bet he has not even had to drop down to First class. I flew business class once.
All the time I fly I just flew it once. And for about 2 years afterwards I would be angry about coach and inquire how much an upgrade would cost and I would be like: "Well, technically I have enough money in the bank to cover this upgrade" but I never forked over the cash.

Trump would probably eat a bullet before dipping down to commercial.

And Trump's plane cost $100 million plus a massive renovation job and typically the maintenance on those is $3 million per year, not including staff etc. Once that plane stops flying he is well and truely fucked.

I always knew it would be James who got him. Nothing more frightening to the establishment than an AG who did not go to Yale. Especially on the East Coast.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:58 pm

Some better news for Trump.

https://www.newsweek.com/aileen-cannon- ... al-1880657

In the classified Documents case Judge Cannon wants Jury instructions to include Trump's arguments for dismissal.

So this is really weird since arguments, especially those denied, are not evidence. Testimony about what a great guy Trump is could be allowed if that testimony was from a witness, but arguments by Lawyers and Prosecutors that were rejected would never be part of the instructions.

Imagine a murder trial where a prosecutor tries for and fails to get a murder charge tried as First Degree Capitol Murder and instead it gets knocked down to Second Degree Murder and if a judge would allow the Jury instructions to include what they could have been charged with?

That would get any conviction tossed out.

Technically a Jury has to obey a Judge's instructions and if I was instructed to consider that the crime he is charged with may not be a crime based on the "evidence" that Trump's team wanted the charges dropped because he would "Will" documents to be unclassified without giving notice. I would probably vote ranging from "no verdict" to not-guilty.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:51 pm

Of course he is suing George Stephanopousoususousosus for calling him a rapist.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/19/us-news/t ... interview/

This is a long shot. If he nails G.S. then he will have proved being called a rapist is not true and therefor be able to file another appeal in the E. Jean Carroll thing.

The only problem is that in that decision the judge said Trump assaulted her. In Carroll's defamation trial no one was permitted to question whether the sexual assault happened because the earlier verdict claimed it did and they even mentioned that it did not meet the legal definition of "rape" in New York State, what he did met the definition of rape in other states and also met the definition of rape by many people.

I suspect this will just get chucked out.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:21 pm

Kurt wrote:
I saw an interview with Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick once. He said the dumbest thing he ever did was buy a Jet. Really expensive and they cost a fortune to maintain. But apparently they are freaking awesome. Imagine comparing the discomfort of traveling and airports now to flying where-ever you want and to have a real bed or a giant, puffy lounge chair. Rick Nielsen spoke of the Jet the same way other Rock Starts spoke of Cocaine, being that it almost ruined him.

A long time ago I had a client that was famous-ish. She didn't have fuck you money or huge public footprint, just enough of both to warrant my services.

She was pretty cool about chatting with me and basically not treating me like the help.

Early on in the gig, we were flying from LA to NYC, and I asked her about affording the G6 we were on. She looks me dead in the eye and says, "Only people with a poor man's mentality own planes or boats. I just charter." Or something along those lines. She'd also rent a fancy ass car and driver for an even rather than have one sitting in a garage most of the time.

She was cool AF, and always took care of me with 1st class if we flew commercial, really really nice hotel rooms, etc..etc .
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:31 pm

Alphabet wrote:A long time ago I had a client that was famous-ish. She didn't have fuck you money or huge public footprint, just enough of both to warrant my services.

She was pretty cool about chatting with me and basically not treating me like the help.

Early on in the gig, we were flying from LA to NYC, and I asked her about affording the G6 we were on. She looks me dead in the eye and says, "Only people with a poor man's mentality own planes or boats. I just charter." Or something along those lines. She'd also rent a fancy ass car and driver for an even rather than have one sitting in a garage most of the time.

She was cool AF, and always took care of me with 1st class if we flew commercial, really really nice hotel rooms, etc..etc .

These services you speak of...are we talking EP or...
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:44 pm

Chimborazo wrote:
Alphabet wrote:A long time ago I had a client that was famous-ish. She didn't have fuck you money or huge public footprint, just enough of both to warrant my services.

These services you speak of...are we talking EP or...

Yeah. Not my type at all.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:23 pm

Has any SPAC in the last few years not failed? Another clever way to leave Trump believers holding the bag.

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/22/trump-truth-social-dwac-merger-public

Trump's Truth Social is going public after winning DWAC merger vote

Dan Primack, author of Axios Pro Rata

Truth Social, the Twitter clone launched in 2022 by former President Trump, will become a publicly traded company by as early as next week.

Driving the news: Shareholders of Digital World Acquisition Corp., a blank-check company, on Friday approved a merger with Truth Social's parent company, Trump Media & Technology Group.

Why it matters: The vote effectively adds billions of dollars to Trump's net worth, although he's currently not allowed to sell any shares for at least six months.

As Axios reported earlier today, this ends a multiyear saga that's included civil lawsuits, criminal lawsuits, closing extensions and vote postponements.
The intrigue: DWAC earlier this week sued to force its former CEO Patrick Orlando to vote his 14.77% shareholding in favor of the merger, despite an ongoing compensation dispute.

Orlando was on the shareholder vote call, but it's unclear how he voted. DWAC only needed majority shareholder approval.
By the numbers: TMTG reported a $49 million net loss on $3.38 million in revenue for the first nine months of 2023.

Look ahead: DWAC will effectively cease to exist, as happens with blank-check mergers.

Instead, TMTG will be listed on the Nasdaq with a board of directors that includes Donald Trump Jr. and several former members of the Trump White House.

That board could waive Trump's six-month share lockup agreement, although TMTG stock could sink fast if Trump begins to sell. There also are market demand questions, as DWAC shares began falling on Friday after the vote results were disclosed.

Former Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) will serve as TMTG's CEO.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:53 pm

Won't make a difference. Neither will the lawsuit he filed today against Stephanopoulos.

He has until Monday to pay up, and I hope they stick with it.

I sat in a courtroom with a co worker who was going through a child support/alimony case. His lawyer presented that the court ordered money wouldn't leave him enough to pay rent on a one bedroom shitbox.

Judge said, "You're client is a veteran, correct? They have homeless shelters for veterans. I suggest he look into them."

Again...I'm not saying this is necessarily just, just because Trump is "rich", and there is probably some lawfare going on here, but he dug his own grave with his mouth.

Maybe if more of these guys get punched in the teeth, it'll enact some kind of real movement in the US that protects the little guy as well.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:23 pm

Alphabet wrote: but he dug his own grave with his mouth.

All that money and he didn't even fuck that journalist. Still rooting for her to get paid though.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Chimborazo » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:21 pm

Alphabet wrote:Won't make a difference. Neither will the lawsuit he filed today against Stephanopoulos.

I sat in a courtroom with a co worker who was going through a child support/alimony case. His lawyer presented that the court ordered money wouldn't leave him enough to pay rent on a one bedroom shitbox.

Judge said, "You're client is a veteran, correct? They have homeless shelters for veterans. I suggest he look into them."

Again...I'm not saying this is necessarily just, just because Trump is "rich", and there is probably some lawfare going on here, but he dug his own grave with his mouth.

Maybe if more of these guys get punched in the teeth, it'll enact some kind of real movement in the US that protects the little guy as well.

I'm kind of torn about this. If I was forced to sell my house in this market at a fire sale price in order to appeal an unjust verdict and then was found not liable by an appeals court, I wouldn't be able to get my house back. It seems more fair to me to install a monitor so I can't engage in any monkey business that puts the house at risk or reduces equity, I can't assume any more debt, etc. I think Trump will lose on appeal but that's not really the point to me. I hate Trump so I part of me hopes they stick with it too, but this bond system just isn't sitting right with me. I get why they do it, but it seems like it would be more harmful to the little guys with fewer assets than it is to the wealthy.

In that last line, are you saying that holding Trump to this may help enact a reform that's more fair to the little guy? If so, I can get on board with that. Stick it to the orange huckster and reform the system.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:24 pm

Chimborazo wrote:
Alphabet wrote:Won't make a difference. Neither will the lawsuit he filed today against Stephanopoulos.

I'm kind of torn about this. If I was forced to sell my house in this market at a fire sale price in order to appeal an unjust verdict and then was found not liable by an appeals court, I wouldn't be able to get my house back. It seems more fair to me to install a monitor so I can't engage in any monkey business that puts the house at risk or reduces equity, I can't assume any more debt, etc. I think Trump will lose on appeal but that's not really the point to me. I hate Trump so I part of me hopes they stick with it too, but this bond system just isn't sitting right with me. I get why they do it, but it seems like it would be more harmful to the little guys with fewer assets than it is to the wealthy.

In that last line, are you saying that holding Trump to this may help enact a reform that's more fair to the little guy? If so, I can get on board with that. Stick it to the orange huckster and reform the system.

It's exactly what I'm saying. I don't like the process, just like you. But it's reality, and let's face it...Until giants are hit square in the face with it, and really suffer, nothing is going to change for the rest of us.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:51 am

Trump's Bond was rejected.

That means he cannot appeal. His shit is gonna start getting taken this week.

What is funny about this is that the insurance company is not licensed in New York. Thats a big one.
The other really funny thing is that the "Bond" amounts to a promissory note from Trump by a third party.
To put this in perspective that is like me issuing a promissory note for el3so to ROB. But under Law only el3so could issue a promissory note for his debts.
This way Kurt's Fake Bonds Inc. Would help el3so dodge a debt to ROB if the promissory note was somehow accepted as a Bond.

So the question is: Was this a scheme to reduce the judgement to $175 Million or was this someone screwing Trump?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:07 pm

I work within walking distance of 100 Center St.

There were three Trump supporters that I saw. Cops and Press outnumbered everyone. The Anti-Trump protesters did not even seem to bother to show up either or if they did they were like me and walking by just to see what was up.

I was hoping for a bit more crazy to enjoy at Lunch but newp. Just normal and boring like any other trial there except with more press, cops and I assume The Secret Service was on every rooftop. (when Clinton was Prez I worked at 250 Broadway and at my office we could look down and see the 20th floor landing (I was on the 21st Floor) and when Clinton was in town the roof was filled with NYPD and Secret Service snipers and their spotters.

They would do sniper shift rotation or something but the weird thing was that these guys never peed. We offered the use of our restroom and figured that during one of their shift rotations they would take us up on it but no. Not sure how they trained their bladders cuz Bill Clinton would spent all day hanging out in that area (probably meeting Trump too in those days, because those two loved each other then.)

I found a few things funny. One was that the guy who ran The National Enquirer is named "Pecker". And that Pecker and Trump colluded to just fucking make shit up about Ted Cruz. The guy who accused everyone of "Fake News" spent 2016 as part of a two man Fake News factory.

Ted Cruz's dad was not a pal of Lee Harvey Oswald. Pecker (heh) testified under oath that they just combined two photos, one of Oswald and one of Papa Cruz.

Then portraying Ben Carson, perhaps one of the most talented surgeons in the world, as a quack who left sponges in people's brains and messed them up with all around incompetence. Also totally made up. Whatever anyone thinks of Carson, he was probably one of the best surgeons who ever lived in this century and the last.

What is totally fucked up is how Cruz and Carson kiss Trump's ass now. I can almost understand kissing the ass of someone who would lead the Republican party to victory, but he is really leading it to collect money for his legal bills. Just hoping he gets elected so he can try to pardon himself and pardon all of his J6 Flying Monkeys. He is still losing about 15% of his primary vote, though he is the sole candidate, to Nikki Haley.

The smart move would be for Carson and Cruz to pile on Trump for smearing them as "Fake News". MAGA would lose their shit and Carson and Cruz's lives would be in danger for a bit, but Trump is losing steam and would lose it faster than ever if they got their revenge. They would lose 2024 but that is gonna be lost anyway, so they could focus on 2026 and 2028.

Anyway, I found the most damning thing that Pecker said was that he used Trump stories to sell papers and when asked why he did not use the Doorman's bogus story about Trump's love-child he said "That would have sold papers but hurt the Campaign." (I paraphrased there a bit) and that statement essentially proved the Election Interference part. It's not illegal to pay "Hush-Money" and it is not illegal to make shit up to sell papers but it is illegal to purchase stories to interfere with an election and hide that as consultant expenses.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:31 pm

It doesn't matter at this point who wins.

Biden is not in control of his admin, and if Trump wins, he won't be in control of his admin either.

The Intelligence Community is running the show.

Mike Johnson did a complete 180 on a number of policy positions he was extremely consistent on prior to becoming SOTH. After he was "briefed."

So whatever the IC wants, the IC gets. In this case, apparently they want mass migration from the 3rd World and a war with Russia.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:40 pm

Tarkan wrote:It doesn't matter at this point who wins.

Biden is not in control of his admin, and if Trump wins, he won't be in control of his admin either.

The Intelligence Community is running the show.

Mike Johnson did a complete 180 on a number of policy positions he was extremely consistent on prior to becoming SOTH. After he was "briefed."

So whatever the IC wants, the IC gets. In this case, apparently they want mass migration from the 3rd World and a war with Russia.

That is funny.

^^^The progression of how Trump supporters give up is right here in a nut-shell. So you and everyone is powerless because a man with impeccable standards like Mike Johnson "caved" to "The Deep State" and did not just say "Wow, MTG and company are fucking crazy and are gonna fuck us hard" . Not that, but Intelligence Community...Vague enough to not require proof or a paper trail but somewhat plausible based on past behavior.

Oh, the "Hillary has brain cancer and six months to live" was also Trump and Pecker. "Sleepy Joe" and "Senile Biden" is gonna prove to be Trump and others.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe