Gloat: Pro Iraq War people back in the day

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Gloat: Pro Iraq War people back in the day

Postby Kurt » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:01 pm

I am going back in time to 2004 and 2005 and checking out some "Pro War" and also some Anti-Anti-War writing and ideas.

Man, what fucking idiots.

We got their claims, unquestioned by MSM people at the time like that Anti-War people were in league with Al Qaeda. We got claims of MS13 cooperating with Hezbolah and doing training in South America. We got video documentation of a bunch of filthy commies who were infiltrated by nice Jewish Kids who united with Nice Christian kids to support the War.

https://chalcedon.edu/resources/article ... t-the-left

Anyway, this flashback brought to you by Alan Lipton. One of the co-founders of Protest Warrior. Protest Warrior would get like 30 people to do a counter protest against like 30,000 in NYC and they would be followed by NBC, CBS and MTV (MTV really liked those guys). At the time NYPD built a cage without water, toilets etc. to house people protesting the Republican convention in 2004. You could literally look down from the New York Times HQ and see this. NYC is still making payments to people placed in this thing...but instead they followed around 30 dipshits who did things like Protest In favor of Halliburton.

Alan Lipton is dead. He died either in Canada on August 21, 2011 or in Colorado on August 22, 2011. Anyway, this fucker would write about how "degenerate" the Anti-War left was and how they were in league with terrorists and gangs and pretty much everything else that people were scared of in 2005. But in 2007 he moved to Los Angeles to "become a filmmaker" and proceeded to go go on a massive crime spree. Theft, threatening people with firearms, assault. He alternated between Texas and LA and in 2009 he stopped. I presume he stopped because he was jailed.

I am pretty sure he died in Colorado in Federal Prison but I have yet to get confirmation from Colorado. His family's funeral announcement says he died in Canada but I suspect that just like girlfriendless Americans hid behind a mythical Canadian Girlfriend his family decided that dying "In Canada" was less shameful that dying in Prison in Colorado.

The Pro War people had stunning financial successes in spite of being really fucking wrong. Erik Prince became a multi-billionaire and has worked hard to destablise our own country while upping the reach of Russia and UAE. The cruelty expressed towards Cindy Sheehan and Pat Tillman's mom for actually saying their kids died needlessly pretty much gave the OK for Trump to make fun of the disabled and his supporters to run over people with cars, so they scored a win there. But at least Alan Lipton croaked after an embarrassing life that ended early.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Gloat: Pro Iraq War people back in the day

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:21 pm

Back in the day …… yeah. I admit I was torn about this war. I already knew about Sadaam’s genocide of the Kurds in Halabja (sp?) and having traveled extensively in the Kurdistan region my tendency was, and is, to be supportive of their cause, and they fucking hated Sadaam. With good reason. Yeah, I attended a couple of anti-war marches and in conversation with a fellow lefty I noted that Sadaam gasses Kurds and when he’s not killing them does all to keep them perpetually miserable. I asked my fellow lefty, when you have the awareness of his atrocities, what do you do? You don’t go to war, he said. Again I asked, then what do you do? No answer.

So, I was kinda anti-Iraq War while juggling being not anti-Iraq war. Of course, it’s complicated and it played out to allow Erik Prince to flourish and the military-industrial complex to enrich a few.

Also, my cousin was in the Army. As Special Ops he accomplished a lot in his career as a soldier, earning a Silver Star early on (Battle of Debecka Pass) and then went on to take out many many more. Excellent at his job, I could only admire him truth be told. Because he’s family. My killing machine family. Ha.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Re: Gloat: Pro Iraq War people back in the day

Postby Kurt » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:53 pm

One thing the US and the UK could have done back in 1988 was boycott Iraqi oil and stop sending him weapons.

But we didnt. We wanted him to fight Iran and gassing people to death was a price to pay for our desires.

But woulda coulda shoulda.
Lefties were saying we should ditch him and stop supporting the Muj in Afghanistan and were promptly accused of being commies.

The lesson should be if we accuse someone of being a commie then we should just swallow hard and do what the "commies" want because we will be better off in the long run.

What are we being called commies for now? Swallow hard, do what we want and then thank us later.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Return to Black Flag Cafe