Crime in NYC

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Crime in NYC

Postby Kurt » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:30 pm

I remember reading RYP's DP #1 in my apartment in Washington Heights about Washington Heights as a Dangerous Place. (This would have been 1998) and even at that point it was not really bad. There was one guy who was murdered right below my window but my neighbors assured me it was vengeance from some gang shit that happened in the 1980s and there would never be another murder near my building and they were right. No murders from 1998 to 2013 (probably still have been none) when I left.

Now Jim Jordan and all the other clowns are having a hearing in NYC on the high crime of NYC.

Which it isn't.

Here is an example of crime stats from Lauren Boebert's district in Colorado.

Total Crime Rate per 1000 people:
- New York City - 24.83
- Pueblo - 70.06
- Grand Junction - 48.95
- Glenwood Springs - 37.87
- Durango - 35.84
- Aspen - 24.90

The one that even shocked me was that Aspen has a slightly higher crime rate than NYC.

Ohio's crime rate is even more staggering.

Things you will hear:

No one rides the subway (I ride it everyday from East Flatbush to Lower Manhattan, I have ridden it nearly everyday for 27 years)

The streets are not safe at night. (People say this because people in NYC socialize in the streets, active streets are safe, empty streets are not. People look and see a street filled with black people milling about and they declare it to be an unsafe place no one would want to walk around in)

Crime is up since 2006 (they won't mention the DeBlasio years because crime dropped to lowest ever under DeBlasio)

This hearing will be for people who think New York is a perpetual 1977 and is a demonstration of the Fascist principle of Legal Exceptionalism, meaning their leader, Donald Trump is under indictment for crimes that a Grand Jury refered to a D.A. for charges and now they are saying that Trump should not be prosecuted because he is Trump. But they cannot say that , so they are gonna waste money and come up to NYC and claim crime is high in the largest official display of Whataboutism ever.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Crime in NYC

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:39 am

I remember being in Washington Heights or thereabouts in 1996, to the St Nicholas pub on upper Broadway. Just a house band that played awesome jazz. The surrounding area looked nice, not like the dreaded Harlem heard about.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:43 am

The crime in Ohio was the gerrymandering put into place that drew a district of Bible thumpers who elected Jim Jordan.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:22 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:I remember being in Washington Heights or thereabouts in 1996, to the St Nicholas pub on upper Broadway. Just a house band that played awesome jazz. The surrounding area looked nice, not like the dreaded Harlem heard about.

Fucking Hollywood burned down St. Nicks pub.

That place was awesome and weird. I used to hang out there all the time.

Around 1998 when I first started posting online I got trapped into agreeing to meet this dude who I did not like (weird fucker too, 40 year old virgin living with his parents, prone to violent outbursts) I agreed to meet him because I forgot what his username was and thought he was someone else.
Anyway I told him to come to St. Nicks and once he figured out it was in Harlem he did not show up. Before cell phones I came home from a solo night out hanging with locals , Japanese tourists and French students my inbox was filled with his emails begging me to go to The Hard Rock Cafe instead.
Then he wrote me that he sat alone all night at the Hard Rock waiting for me (when we had agreed to meet at St. Nicks) Then he accused me of doing what I did: knowing hed be too scared to go to Harlem at night I made plans to meet him in Harlem.
Dodged an Incel bullet with that one, maybe literally. He was jailed for two years for stabbing a roomate over a baseball card after his parents kicked him out.

Anyway, that was all Thanks to St. Nicks being there to cover for me when I was not thinking.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:27 pm

Ironic timing.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/alvin-bra ... me-poverty

"Alvin Bragg promises not to prosecute theft to establish 'racial equity' balance: 'Crime of poverty'"

LOL. This is certainly one way to get a lot more theft.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:54 pm

Tarkan wrote:Ironic timing.

"Alvin Bragg promises not to prosecute theft to establish 'racial equity' balance: 'Crime of poverty'"

So? That was done under DeBlasio and we stil had crazy low crime for an American city.

Right now they are ramping up criticism because hes going after Trump, who they lied for and who has cost them almost $780 million.

We have lower crime than Marseilles France. We have lower crime than superfucking white and Rich Aspen Colorado.
You all will just have to come to terms with this unpleasant fact: New York City is low crime. We are even lower crime during civil unrest that most of the US is on a typical Thursday.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:37 am

NYC definitely feels safer than Paris France. Heck, Mex City doesn't feel much worse than Paris. Not that Paris would be place you'd be murdered in. Just a fair number of scummy people there.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:38 am

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:Ironic timing.

So? That was done under DeBlasio and we stil had crazy low crime for an American city.

Right now they are ramping up criticism because hes going after Trump, who they lied for and who has cost them almost $780 million.

We have lower crime than Marseilles France. We have lower crime than superfucking white and Rich Aspen Colorado.
You all will just have to come to terms with this unpleasant fact: New York City is low crime. We are even lower crime during civil unrest that most of the US is on a typical Thursday.

Believe it or not, I don't hate NYC. I've been there more than a few times. The only negative experiences I have had was when a bus driver was honking at my family getting out of a taxi (when I was trying to get my daughter out the car with her carrier) and when (different occasion) my party told a black car driver to fuck off (my party was drunk and obnoxious), then he called in 20 of his buddies and they began circling the party.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe