Tucker Got Fired

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Tucker Got Fired

Postby Kurt » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:50 pm

I guess a 3/4 of a billion hit with another pending is not the good business model they thought it was.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Tucker Got Fired

Postby Kurt » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:42 pm

Kurt wrote:I guess a 3/4 of a billion hit with another pending is not the good business model they thought it was.

Don Lemon too.

Could things be turning around for liars and creeps?

Nawwww....
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:01 pm

As I said in the other thread, the revelation that you hate Trumps guts, when you've been publicly fellating him for 7 years or so, sorta undermines your brand...
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:15 pm

snaark wrote:As I said in the other thread, the revelation that you hate Trumps guts, when you've been publicly fellating him for 7 years or so, sorta undermines your brand...

I actually do not think his fans care.

This is a crowd that backstabs and then forgives and backstabs again and they do not believe what has happened has actually happened.

So they will either think Tucker was somewhat miffed at Trump and expressed himself and then now is "over it" or they will think the "Deep State" forged those emails since they really do not understand emails and how to tell a real one or not.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:17 pm

Tucker and his Great Replacement Theory. Yep. I wish Rupert would do something bold and replace his slot with a flaming Howard Zinn type, but make that person a bi-racial Jewish woman.

Don Lemon seemed smarmy to me and mighty pleased with himself. I don’t watch CNN anyway but watched him one night when he remote-hosted NYE from New Orleans. He was sloppy drunk and gross, over-sharing about his life and just making an ass out of himself and the network. The days of David Brinkley are no more. They’re all clowns now.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:03 am

Good fucking riddance. The damage that man has caused to your country, and beyond, is immeasurable.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:37 pm

sparrow wrote:Good fucking riddance. The damage that man has caused to your country, and beyond, is immeasurable.

There are plenty of the Tucker Carlson types who could take his place. I think the nail in Tucker’s coffin was the sexual harassment, which Rupert has no time for. He shunned Kimberley Gilfoyle for the same reason. I’m guessing the sexual harassment were easy outs for him to boot them. Rupert and Lachlan remain enamored and hell-bent on the propaganda of right-wing mores and politics.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:33 pm

The Tuckster will just end up with a different platform with just as much popularity if not more.

Nothing really changes.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Kurt » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:50 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:The Tuckster will just end up with a different platform with just as much popularity if not more.

Nothing really changes.

Yep, Glen Beck is as popular as ever. That is why we all know what he is up to these days.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:37 pm

The whole Murdoch clan is about as liberal as it gets.

Rupert Murdoch likes money though, and saw a niche that could be profitable since all of the news was left dominated for so long.

Tucker Carlson was, I think, 20th on the list of Fox/Dominion defamations.

He was let go for something else.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:55 pm

I think the money part is correct.

I really doubt they are Liberal or Conservative but if the money from advertisers comes from conservatives then Fox News will be conservative.

Murdoch said that The Simpsons could do whatever they wanted for as long as they wanted since he (correctly) credited that show for making Fox what it is today.
The Simpsons is definitely not conservative.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Murdoch croaks. Lachlan will likely take over but usually institutions with a strong founder are more prone to disintegration a few years after the death of that founder.

Fox should study the Kim Clan of North Korea. They seem to have their shit together as far as succession goes: Kill the Disney loving one and promote the relatively unknown one, etc. etc.

But the thing is when these blowhards leave ....like Beck and O'Reilly for example, all of a sudden they are gone and it is almost like they never existed. Beck has Blaze TV which is successful but it never reaches middle of the road people or undecided voters. O'Reilly? Seems to have a pretty decent Ghost Writer thing going on but again, probably not much of an audience outside his original base.

Tucker is done. Another Tucker will take his place. Just like there will be another Don Lemon (What the fuck was he even known for anyway?). When the Voice Actors in the SImpsons are dead (the youngest is 65 years old) it will be gone but will be in syndication for more years than I have left on this earth (hoping for at least 30 more..but gotta lose a few pounds I think) but when Conservative screamers go they are just gone. Nothing of value remains with them. Rush Limbaugh? It's hard to imagine someone with that long of career just being as dead as dead can be. He was nothing for 35 years. We are more likely to see My Mother The Car on reruns than we are to ever hear his radio shows re-broadcast.

That is because these guys are shit to begin with. ...but still more memorable than Don Lemon.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:18 pm

Kurt wrote:Tucker is done. Another Tucker will take his place. Just like there will be another Don Lemon (What the fuck was he even known for anyway?). When the Voice Actors in the SImpsons are dead (the youngest is 65 years old) it will be gone but will be in syndication for more years than I have left on this earth (hoping for at least 30 more..but gotta lose a few pounds I think) but when Conservative screamers go they are just gone. Nothing of value remains with them. Rush Limbaugh? It's hard to imagine someone with that long of career just being as dead as dead can be. He was nothing for 35 years. We are more likely to see My Mother The Car on reruns than we are to ever hear his radio shows re-broadcast.

That is because these guys are shit to begin with. ...but still more memorable than Don Lemon.

Eh, I don't think Tucker is done. Don Lemon is done because there are a lot of people that look and talk like Don Lemon. He is, at the end, an interchangeable liberal news commentator from central casting.

There aren't a lot of people like Tucker. He could nail righteous indignation better than most people I've seen. I think more than the average news anchor, Tucker was his own man, and was largely producing or managing the production of his content, which made him a wildcard for Fox execs (for example, at the leadership level, most people R&D are in favor of intervening in Ukraine - Tucker took a contrarian stance here which was risky without a lot of upside). Ukraine is one of the handful of things I actually agree with the Biden admin on (which will probably summon Q to this thread here shortly).

One of the rumors floating around was that Tucker had planned, on Monday, to rip into the 60 Minutes puff piece on Ray Epps (when was the last time CBS did a puff piece on a supposed old white MAGA guy who totally isn't a Fed and was on the FBI Most Wanted List for 1 day, and then disappeared the next day?), and Murdoch said no, and they parted ways over that. I mean, Tucker was *friends* with Hunter Biden, and it didn't stop him from tearing into the alleged corruption around Hunter (you could call that scruples or lack of scruples for Tucker depending on your point of view). Sort of like how James O'Keefe won't be easily replaced. There simply aren't very many people willing to run the gauntlet of non-stop public criticism, IRS investigations, and government scrutiny by being an investigative style reporter of misdeeds by the orthodox left.

It wouldn't surprise me if Tucker goes the independent podcast route, or if CNN hires him back as part of their move towards the center after being the anti-Trump network for 6 years.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed May 17, 2023 7:40 pm

Apparently Laura Ingraham got fired too.

Not confirmed yet though.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Thu May 18, 2023 12:33 pm

Kurt wrote:Apparently Laura Ingraham got fired too.

Not confirmed yet though.

Ended up being just a rumor.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Return to Black Flag Cafe