James Price / James Grey / Death Valley Magazine fraud

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: James Price / James Grey / Death Valley Magazine fraud

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:35 pm

Kurt wrote:My prediction is that James is gonna do something with The Cannabis industry. For those people who don't have a budget for accredited security professionals but do have a budget for bullshit, he will fill that niche in the market.

Possibly using the name Archer.

Just voted today Yes on Issue 2, legalizing recreational pot in Ohio. I’m glad it’s a thing but yeah the vibe of the establishments (in Michigan) is often shady depending on where you go. Dearborn has more pot shops than they do mosques and burqa shops. It’s a nice day trip to drive up and resupply and eat some good kebabs and baba ganoush.

The experience of buying pot in Amsterdam is so much better. It’s nice to get a cappuccino or milk-shake and smoke hash.

Cleveland would do well to have a “little Amsterdam” area with coffee houses. The tourism revenue would be massive. It would be a good idea to designate certain American beleaguered cities with the licenses and laws to do that. Meanwhile the JITW’s can have their silly faux Apple stores with that goddawful LED faux neon lighting. The Arabs with their shops would mop the floors with the likes of him.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:46 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:
Just voted today Yes on Issue 2, legalizing recreational pot in Ohio. I’m glad it’s a thing but yeah the vibe of the establishments (in Michigan) is often shady depending on where you go. Dearborn has more pot shops than they do mosques and burqa shops. It’s a nice day trip to drive up and resupply and eat some good kebabs and baba ganoush.

The experience of buying pot in Amsterdam is so much better. It’s nice to get a cappuccino or milk-shake and smoke hash.

Cleveland would do well to have a “little Amsterdam” area with coffee houses. The tourism revenue would be massive. It would be a good idea to designate certain American beleaguered cities with the licenses and laws to do that. Meanwhile the JITW’s can have their silly faux Apple stores with that goddawful LED faux neon lighting. The Arabs with their shops would mop the floors with the likes of him.

Yah, it's gotta be more approachable. But since we are new at this we had to fall back on stuff we knew like a tech store filled with "experts". The thing I like about NYC's system is it is filled with weed criminals from the past who prove more useful than any "Genius Bar" person could be about tech.

And yah, an Espresso Chocolate Milkshake with some tasty hash and a crisp biscotti would rock.

Usually The JITW types try to get on as "Security Consultants" and then he would do the "Training I got from Training" thing he did.

If Ohio votes yes, a bunch of JITWs will latch on to "Cannabis Consultants" who are usually a Lawyer, a PI and some guy who had a weed conviction and then took a class on how to properly, safely and legally grow it (NYS Ithaca campus has a very difficult course for this that is free to ex-cons). Once they realize all is needed is Armored Car companies (Brinks et all have offshoot businesses of plain jane vans that have run flats, armor and armed guards that do most of the heavy lifting but keep their names out of it in case any pearl clutchers or crazies accuse them of being drug dealers.

James' training of getting in a regular car with a shorty AK and not shooting yourself, your driver, the floor or the roof of the car would only last so long.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:01 pm

A couple things.

James owed someone in Bangkok $100k around 2009 or 2010. He had a payment plan where he was perpetually late. That was the first person that he used the "My DVM Partner screwed me and left" story on.

The thing is I have no idea what the money was for. It could be anything from real estate, gambling or MMA sponsorship / investment.
Dunno.

What is kind of funny is the whole "Expat millionaire" type shit. Because the guy JITW owed the money to in late 2012 was broke in 2013 because someone named "Adrien" got busted for selling Meth in Oz, so he went back to asking James for work that James never really had to give.

Also Funny is this thread. After some research it occurred to me that this was James writing about himself because this was when he moved back home with his parents.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57247

The sad part is I do not think he has any actual "friends" like I or my friends would consider friends. He seems to lay it on thick, claim his obnoxious side is "just one of his many personas" or, like El Pelon found out, claim he had someone post as him online and then when the relationship is established eventually transactions occur and it goes bad so he stops communicating. Not someone you reconnect with after high school and go try to pick up women with.

Its easy to meet and befriend people at any age. You just have to not look at them as a source of income.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:05 pm

There’s a screenplay in all this mess. And I’m gonna write it.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:31 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:There’s a screenplay in all this mess. And I’m gonna write it.

It's a weird lot. Expats lying to other expats about how successful they are. They are all full of shit but they all believe each other until they have a falling out (which is usually money based). They all complain about "Western Women" and praise the "Femininity, beauty and servility" of Asian women but eventually the Asian women see through that BS as well and divorce them.

Anyway, as far as I can tell Adventure Manor has moved from Jakarta to Lynchburg VA and is now located in South St. Paul Minnesota in an apartment complex that also hosts a CPR School.

Try not to swoon from too much of the exotic.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:11 am

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... =1&title=1

This is for Ballard.
Claim for injuries received from "Training"
Claim of deception being that the "Couples Ruse" was standard practice.
Claim that non-profits funneled cash to private company and investors ( some will shake at the "and investors") part.
Claim that Underground Railroad created a demand for human trafficking in places they operated.

If this persons lawsuit is successful it means rather than rescuing Yazidi women in 2017 Ballard instead created a demand for Yazidi girls in 2020 AFTER the Pershmerga rescued them.

James funneled. Hell, James did "donation lotteries" that were illegal as non-profits and really illegal as a non-profit funneling cash to your other company for "training"

Technically if JITW made money from anyone here he could be liable. So if La Cima gave cash to HASF for any reason it would be fraud.
Which would be a whole different sort of mess.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:49 am

Absolutely no way Dave knowingly did wrong with La Cima.

0% chance.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:55 pm

ROB wrote:Absolutely no way Dave knowingly did wrong with La Cima.

0% chance.

Nope.

But if money from La Cima went to HASF based on JITW BS then that would be fraud.

Fraud by HASF not La Cima.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:36 pm

And they'll all *probably* get away with it given statute of limitations. Granted, I've only been in one civil case in my life and the defendant committed suicide before anything proceeded.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:13 pm

gnaruki wrote:And they'll all *probably* get away with it given statute of limitations. Granted, I've only been in one civil case in my life and the defendant committed suicide before anything proceeded.

Most conmen get away with it because the victims don't wanna admit they were conned. Or the victims feel sorry for the conmen.

If you guys remember Zendik Farm (American stuff from a while back). I worked pro-bono on a child custody case that was luckily very easy (The woman denying child custody was an illegal Canadian immigrant so unless she wanted to lose custody and be deported she had to not contest the case and voluntarily leave the country) But what I found was that that the Zendik Arts Foundation was engaged in pretty much every type of illegal behavior. Unpaid labor, forcing recruits to sell magazines and t-shirts with a quota to bring in hard cash, weird ideas about Child Custody (Children were raised by the collective and not the parent unless the child was one of the controlling Wulfing family) and the Wulfing Family Trust owned the buildings and assets and "leased" them to the Zendik Arts Foundation so the cash, labor and everything went to one family's pockets.
Basically they had about $2 million in assets. Not much for a 40 year operation but a decent amount to get when your family lived off the labor of others for 40 years, never paid income taxes and then you get a big cash bonus after it falls apart,

The past and present members could have sued. They should have sued, but they didn't. They didn;t because they "felt bad" for the parasites because the parasites had spent 40 years filling multitudes with bullshit. The average time a cult member would spend on Zendik farm was 2 years but there were some who had never lived anywhere else and there were some who would put in 15 years and get tossed to the outside world with nothing.
They believed even after they got screwed. They felt sorry for their "Family" who never gave them anything in return and also people don't want to admit they fell for a total lie.

Ballard physically hurt people, sexually assaulted them and likely caused more vulnerable people in the world to be hurt and trafficked because of him, but if he was just self serving without the physical training and abuse there would probably be his supporters claiming he "meant well" even if they were the ones who gave him the most money and fell for his bullshit.

James talked like a creep but he wasn't one. That goes a long way in forgiveness but if anyone donated and took a tax deduction for it and the IRS goes "hey, that not deductable" you may have some money with penalties and interest that you owe and James is not gonna step up and do anything to help.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Chimborazo » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:15 pm

"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:13 pm

Chimborazo wrote:Go to 8:54 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79uDkod_FIk.

I don't get it. What is it I missed at 8:54? I watched a while afterwards and my sketch alarm went off.

Navy Seal runs through a minefield? Really? A minefield. Trained Military. Runs through.
Ran through an ISIS tunnel. Blindly. Trained Military. Navy Seal runs through a tunnel where ISIS had just retreated into?

I did a quick background check on this Mattos guy and he did live in San Diego and Chula Vista (now lives in Menomonee Falls Wi.) so the California stuff tracks for Seal Stuff. (very rare for someone claiming to be a Seal so he is probably a "Chris Kyle" type guy, The real deal but bullshits anyway. )
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Chimborazo » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:48 pm

Kurt wrote:
Chimborazo wrote:Go to 8:54 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79uDkod_FIk.

I don't get it. What is it I missed at 8:54? I watched a while afterwards and my sketch alarm went off.

Navy Seal runs through a minefield? Really? A minefield. Trained Military. Runs through.
Ran through an ISIS tunnel. Blindly. Trained Military. Navy Seal runs through a tunnel where ISIS had just retreated into?

I did a quick background check on this Mattos guy and he did live in San Diego and Chula Vista (now lives in Menomonee Falls Wi.) so the California stuff tracks for Seal Stuff. (very rare for someone claiming to be a Seal so he is probably a "Chris Kyle" type guy, The real deal but bullshits anyway. )

Free Burma Rangers shirt on a guy called "Sky", and then at 29:00 another organization in Burma introduced.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:01 pm

I missed the shirt.

prolly this guy:

https://twitter.com/ToccoaFalls/status/ ... 2805320706

I know I can be a total dick at times but I wonder if all The Jesus stuff is because of genuine faith or if it is to get some Jeebus Bux? Or like 50/50?

One of my former co-workers was an Evangelical for years but she went to a conventional Church with vestments, Pipe Organs, Pews etc. and was amazed that the only donation request was just a plate being passed around. She quite the kneel + praisehands group and was able to relax for the first time in years because she did not realize how much time was spent getting pitched for donations or doing the pitching herself.

Hope that suit against the LDS succeeds (not ranting against FBR but there is a lot of "pray pray pray *pew! pew!* Gimme money" stuff in charities that needs some scrutiny.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby El Pelon » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:23 am

Fear not, HASF (they were still DART then I think) and La Cima's funds never co-mingled. I did have some of their guys carry cash that we collected, and I distributed, to each of them on mission 1 to pay for stuff in Iraq. I had the wherewithall to keep everything separate in which we were involved. No worries on fraud in that regard. On mission 2 I just took all the cash myself and no one in immigration checked us, so that was the end of that. All donations bought food, meds, hospitilizations, water heaters, food, and other stuff like that. On misson 1, I wasn't there, but I had a chaplain on the team that I trust impicitly, who was and he made sure things went according to plan. On mission 2 I took the money and made sure it was spent according to plan.

Rob is correct, 0% failure. I made sure we never were connected economically, only connected when we were physically on the ground.

I don't know Sky, so no insight on him.

As far as Jesus goes.
For Marty and me, that's the only reason we do this stuff. Jesus changed our lives and we will spend the rest of the time we have on this rock serving HIm.

For Dave Eubank and FBR, I have no other info on him but to believe he is 100% in on this for Jesus too. He has prayed for us more times than I can count and every interaction I have had with him indicates he believes what he is saying as much as we do.

Ephraim, the SEAL in the video is the real deal. He's busting his butt to get a jungle ambulance gig running in the Black Zones in Burma. He stepped away from FBR, but he is still giving all he's got to serve the oppressed. He has rigged up a butt ton of Hiluxes to haul folks to the EMA or JSMK clinics.

I have a guy, an electrician/contractor (construction type, not pew pew type) in the jungle working with FBR, EMA and Epraim and his outfit trying to get power to all the clinics and operating rooms to save lives. (personal note, he's a VERY close friend, Dave E calls him "The Fixer" because he can fix anything)

I don't know if any of this matters, but I checked the forum again and saw all the postings that had made since I last dipped in here, and figured I'd throw all of this out there for public consumption.

With all of that said, I'm heading to Cambodia next to do a site/needs eval of a gig that has rescued girls from trafficking. If they turn out to be legit (I'm pretty sure/hoping) they are, we'll figure out how to help them.

One caveat for/from us. We are definitely doing what we do because we love Jesus and we want everyone else to know Him. I don't care if you send me money or not, we will still keep going forward to proclaim His name. They asked me to preach the Christmas service in Cambodia. I told them I'm just a denstist but I'll tell them the about the adventure Jesus sent me on that led me to Phnom Penh! A few of you will be in that story.

I have been blessed, and Marty has been blessed, to spend time with some of you. This is one crazy ride. I love you all.

FWIW, I just sent a few bucks to my guy in Guyana to buy food, meds and tarps before Venezuela goes loud. It is really blowing my mind how we end up having connections to folks in all the hot zones. It is also blowing my mind that learning how to manage life in all the hot zones came from you knuckleheads here on the Flag. If I hadn't read Pelton's books, and if those books hadn't lead me here, the life we are currently living would never have happened.

Mind blown....

God bless you all, even the ones who ain't here no more.
El Pelon
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe