James Price / James Grey / Death Valley Magazine fraud

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

James Price / James Grey / Death Valley Magazine fraud

Postby Kurt » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:20 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32650

This guy was basically held hostage in the Philippines by a woman who he knocked up.

Her family did not let him leave and no one would even let him go on walks alone.

Not sure how he escaped. I am guessing his parents in Washington forked over some cash.

But he is at it again. Claiming Western Women suck.

So there is that.

Ages ago I checked in with a former BFCer who is retired in the Philippines named Tom when a guy tried to hire me to kidnap his girlfriends kids (It was weird I said as he was negotiating the terms of the job with me: Only computer stuff and if you ask me to do anything illegal I will immediately rat you out)

So I ratted him out and Tom was willing to help. I checked W.W's site in case the guy that tried to hire me went there as well and that was where I discovered he, then, was being held hostage by his in-laws.

Anyway, I just re-re-re-remembered after I was checking some other notes.

Like where did JITW go?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Update on something ancient.

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon May 01, 2023 2:30 am

Was he the guy that was trying to launch a business in brokering private contractor jobs overseas?

Bragged often about women and money?

Projected an aura of shadiness and desperation?

That guy?

Boy oh boy the outcome of his story is hilarious. You should shop this to Ben Stiller for a movie. A laugh out loud comedy about a “tough guy” poseur living the life of the little prison-bitch in a Philippine family compound.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Mon May 01, 2023 2:37 am

I wonder if these guys understand the using goes both ways.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon May 01, 2023 3:54 am

seektravelinfo wrote:Was he the guy that was trying to launch a business in brokering private contractor jobs overseas?

Bragged often about women and money?

Projected an aura of shadiness and desperation?

That guy?

Boy oh boy the outcome of his story is hilarious. You should shop this to Ben Stiller for a movie. A laugh out loud comedy about a “tough guy” poseur living the life of the little prison-bitch in a Philippine family compound.

JITW was not W. W. he just "promoted" him here for some reason.

JITW did have a message board / Website about Civilian Contractor jobs. He once held a "Raffle" where the winner got a job. So that was kinda sketchy. He ratted out Swain to either the Indonesian Government or the Thai Government, I forget which...so that was shitty.

Last I heard from him he was about to Launch A3 Group DVM which was some kind of PMC service.

But yah, James is not Winston.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Mon May 01, 2023 4:00 am

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:I wonder if these guys understand the using goes both ways.

Most of the world is not about "Romance". A "Rich" (for them) idiot shows up and is a whole family's ATM and its not like they are just gonna let him leave after they let him have their daughter.

I met a guy like that in The Dominican Republic. He was looking for a "Nice Girl" but didn't speak Spanish, Wasn't Catholic, worked in a Photomat (this was 2001) and he ended up getting beat up and robbed by "Uncles" of the girls he did meet.

When I met him we were eating Bratwurst in Puerta Plata at a German run stand and he had a swollen shut black eye and a chipped tooth where an "Uncle" tried to make him eat his Nokia. Still was hoping for a "nice girl" though.

He could have met one if he left the beach area and went to La Vega or Dajabon ...but no beach.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Mon May 01, 2023 10:19 am

Kurt wrote: He ratted out Swain to either the Indonesian Government or the Thai Government, I forget which...so that was shitty.

Would have thought Dave would bash their heads together if that were the case.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon May 01, 2023 12:17 pm

ROB wrote:
Kurt wrote: He ratted out Swain to either the Indonesian Government or the Thai Government, I forget which...so that was shitty.

Why would Swains head need to be bashed?

Dont think it would have worked because of the height difference between them.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Mon May 01, 2023 2:43 pm

Didn't jitw go broke like a decade ago with whatever his concern was at the time? Seems like a read something along the lines of "My partners screwed me, my life savings is wiped out".
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon May 01, 2023 2:56 pm

gnaruki wrote:Didn't jitw go broke like a decade ago with whatever his concern was at the time? Seems like a read something along the lines of "My partners screwed me, my life savings is wiped out".

Dunno.

I always felt his "partners" were really him. But I am just purely speculating.

I have a shit ton of PMs from him that I called 'Sup Dude.

I got them whenever someone came here and trashed his business. It would start out as 'Sup Dude and then he would go into complaining about the unfair stuff being said about him

Some of was crappy, and I removed it but one was speculating that his "Partner" was really him. So when something went wrong, the "Partner" was to blame. Dunno but it was weird.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Mon May 01, 2023 5:34 pm

btw a few years ago I used to work with a PI who specialized in Fraud and Embezzlement (Marquet International)

When money vanishes and the owner says "Its not my fault" unless a police report is filed, it is their fault.

So we have the two main ones: The "My Sick Relative" one where money vanishes and suddenly the relative is "sick". This plays on the heartstrings to delay payment and also provides an excuse for why the money is gone (Mom needed medical care).

The other one is the "Bad Partner" or "Secret Partner Who Goes Bad"

The "Bad Partner" is really big among MAGA world because usually the partner is "Secret" being that they are connected in Government in some way and they are not supposed to be doing what they are doing, so Public Partner is obliged to protect them and it is implied that the Secret Partner's connections will help with the upcoming investment. When the money vanishes, the Secret Partner is blamed and then are informed the Secret Partner is a Policeman, FBI Agent or Military Man and usually among Military and Blue Lives Matter fanbois (real mil and real LEO would want to bust the bastard or not get involved with anything that might violate any laws relating to vendors and contracts). This also buys more time to bring up the "My Sick Relative" etc. etc.

What is funny is the stall time is often used to dissolve LLC etc. relating to the fraud BUT when a liable LLC is dissolved then the Primary is 100% liable. When this happens they get a lawyer and that lawyer gets them to settle out of court.

Then there is Securities Fraud Pretending Not To Be Securities Fraud. Like "Club Membership" when the promise is a financial reward. So if I do a BFC Hall Of Fame Club and I charge a fee and offer Crypto or Tokens as a reward or say that if we pool the Club Money to buy a "Lodge" and then we can dissolve the Club and sell the "Lodge" for a profit then that is securities fraud.

The Wishy Washy Settle With the FEC For A Fine And Admit No Wrongdoing is a Club that offers rewards beyond the cost of membership. Not discounts but like a Job offer, a "Prize" extra entries in a Sweepstakes etc. etc. Most of the time the people who do these things will take the money and run and pull the Sick Relative or Bad Partner to get a delay in anyone investigating Securities Fraud.

Not saying JITW did any of this. It just reminded me of it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Darcy » Mon May 01, 2023 9:38 pm

We had issues in Baku for this, didn't even have to knock a girl up. Her word against yours. Officials took the lady's word. Engineer buddy got seriously rolled, but heh, you play the game....
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon May 01, 2023 9:50 pm

Darcy wrote:We had issues in Baku for this, didn't even have to knock a girl up. Her word against yours. Officials took the lady's word. Engineer buddy got seriously rolled, but heh, you play the game.
LOL thank fück it was "officials". Screw over a working girl, odds are your mom won't be the one needing medical attention.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby ROB » Tue May 02, 2023 2:22 am

Kurt wrote:
ROB wrote:

Why would Swains head need to be bashed?

Dont think it would have worked because of the height difference between them.

Cos they worked with Dave irl, plus Swain is a cunt.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu May 04, 2023 5:12 pm

I found an old Archive of a website with a boner-ific name: Breach Bang Clear.

Anyway, JITW claimed that his partner screwed him over and yes, he had to keep his partner's name secret and yes, this is because his partner that took all the money was a Cop and needed to keep secret because he was not supposed to be involved in any conflict of interest stuff.

So instead of going to the cops and reporting a crooked cop who took all the money, James kept his criminal partner's name a secret and did not report the crime...mostly because the partner was made up, but there were enough cop fetishists who forked over cash that decided to just do nothing.

It's weird cuz I have been finding that the Law and Order crowd puts up with a crazy amount of criminals in their midst. They have been bashed over the head so much with the shame of claiming to be a victim that when they actually are victimized they don't do shit.

The Funniest part of this is that this is all about a Club. Called Guns Knives and Knucks Club where James Price, who is in his fifties now, promised "Membership Cards, Patches and other swag" for a membership fee. Not sure how much the fee was but the swag never materialized, even the membership card was not issued and Mr. "I Earn More in One Month Than You Earn in A Year" did not issue refunds, and blamed his fake partner, the made up cop.

Even though many of us knew he was full of shit, He was full of shit in a way that no one really objected to: Pro Military, Pro Cop, Pro Orphanages. Hell, I even fell for a lot of it. I would often oblige his requests in what I called the "Sup Dude" and "Sup Bro" PMs. Whenever someone said something bad about him I would get a "Sup Dude" PM and then he would plea for his own safety and safety of his family etc. etc. and I would delete the photo of him wearing an eyepatch etc. etc.

But I never just took him for a "take the money and run" kind of guy.

An account that I cannot verify stated that he was shitcanned from PMC work in Erbil Iraq for posting online and claiming the company's trucks, gear, employees, barracks etc. were "His" and implying it was "His Company and His crew". So they had a guy who posted in Breach Bang Clear inventory his room and they found a shit ton of stolen stuff from his fellow contractors, including blank documents that could be used in forgery for stuff (probably not classified or else he would have been reported) and their boss gave instructions that they should beat the shit out of him and remove him from town if he showed up again.

So his theft might have been more than just boys club membership cards.

He also ran a website (membership of course) called Old School Man which he lamented the lack of manliness in the world and he would mock people for not having "Strong fathers" and for not knowing "stuff your dad should have taught you" and he then does the least manly thing possible: Takes peoples stuff, blames a fake person and scrubs his online presence.

He started some great threads though, huh?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Thu May 04, 2023 5:59 pm

Here is a slice of the thread from "Whiskey Echo Foxtrot" on Breachbangclear on the theft of shit from Erbil.

I work for a State Dept. affiliate doing logistical moves in N. Iraq

(Kurdistan). A few years ago we had a hot fill slot that I offered to

Price’s brother (solid operator). His brother turned it down but knew we needed a body ASAP and mentioned Mr. Price was doing some DynCorp gig in the UAE. Because he was the brother of a man we all knew and respected he got he slot. That was the ONLY reason he was brought on.

He worked for us for a couple years doing convoy duty and it was during this time he started the DVM thing. All his posts about “his” trucks, “his” crew and “his” guns were the trucks, crews and guns my boss owned. Not James’ but the company’s assets.

We tolerated his bullshit about everything being “his” for quite some time- but we’d get emails and other comms about kit that he had acquired belonging to someone else and them wanting their shit back, money owed etc. but since it didn’t concern us directly it was passed off as butthurt common to guys who have lost track of gear and to be honest I really didn’t care enough to look further into it.

His back door dealings were ferreted out and his employment was terminated. We were tasked with documenting and cataloging his room in the villa. Part of what we found was a shit ton of kit belonging to other expats (we are talking THOUSANDS of dollars of shit), all kinds of personal property that wasn’t his(including that of his team members) as well as company property which to this day he is still trying to claim is his. Keep in mind this is despite other guys not only claiming it but putting serial numbers and other identifiers to the kit he stole. (Some dudes have gotten their shit back- others have unfortunately gotten shafted as their kit disappeared into the black hole that is this guy).

The guy is flat out fucking shady and I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could toss him. He’s a thief, steals from expats on his own team (remember the Afghan commando patches there James?), jacks kit other guys are depending on, jacks up and rats on his own team and is overadisll a dishonorable and loyal individual.

He never fired a single shot in anger and all his “operations” were in Kurdistan during the timeframe where the biggest threat was a drunken Kurd crossing the centerline of the road. He was intimating he was “out amongst em” on runs that we did carrying nothing more than a sidearm (and that because it was expected- not because we thought we’d have need of it).

You guys bought into the “International Man of Mystery” Mr. Price has constructed around himself. He isn’t Archer, never was Archer and never will be Archer.

James will know damn well what I am referring to in that last post by the way.

Kurt
In Manus Manus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe