Ted Kaczynski is dead.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Ted Kaczynski is dead.

Postby Kurt » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:32 pm

I spelled his name wrong and did a search on the BFC and found this gem from Yorick from 17 years ago.

Yorick wrote:What we're fucking with now is inter-gallactic war and Mayan shamans have known this for several milennia pegging their calendars at 2013 for culmination point when interplanetary influences will have shuffled the deck and a new beginning for every godamned one of us will have been assured as promissed under covenant among all faiths.

Otherwise yeah, safe to say we are all now "happily at war" as nostradamus so aptly put it. But it aint the kinda war that anybody has ever seen before and it excludes none of earth's inhabittants - be they animal, vegetable, mineral or even human.

At first I was like: Must suck having died being this wrong all the time

But then I was wondering, What the Hell am I wrong about? I mean, I have been wrong about tons of stuff and I still am. But intergalactic war? Mayan Shamans?

I suspect the flag was just so busy then that he became almost a backdrop, like scenery in our online lives without truly grasping that this dude needed help.

Kind of a missed opportunity there. I suppose with The Unabomber there were a few as well. Most serious opportunities missed.

Hoping the Trump fanbois realize Don is not worth whatever crazy they may be contemplating as well (think the Valet is gonna get thrown under the bus before he flips? I am guessing he is a loyal idiot and is gonna get tossed)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Ted Kaczynski is dead.

Postby ROB » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:26 am

You never quite ever forget the first time you try to argue with Yorick.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re: Ted Kaczynski is dead.

Postby Kurt » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:33 pm

ROB wrote:You never quite ever forget the first time you try to argue with Yorick.

He used to call me about once a week. He was going to visit NYC so I gave him my number to meet for a weird beer and then he canceled and suddenly I would get calls. At reasonable hours but he was the kind who was not like "How are you doing?" but you would answer and he would just sort of talk to a captive audience.

I prolly should have told him to get help at that point but for some reason i knew he was bent enough that "just hanging up" would be bad so I just detached myself and said "huh.." and "yah.." at pauses in the conversation.

The only question he ever asked me was how I lived in NYC with their repressive gun laws. Don't even remember what I said or if I said anything.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Return to Black Flag Cafe