Modelo vs. Bud Light

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Modelo vs. Bud Light

Postby Kurt » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:12 pm

Modelo is awesome beer. Well made Austrian style lager brewed with corn.

Bud Light is the shit beer that everyone made fun of Americans for drinking. I only use it for boiling bratwurst before grilling.

Bud Light gave a custom six pack to a transexual and the dipshits went apeshit. So they switched to a better beer, Modelo.

Go woke and Go Broke except Bud Light and Modelo are both owned by InBev and Modelo has always cost more.

So buy InBev stock. Their revenue is growing. Only local Bud distributers are being hit.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Modelo vs. Bud Light

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:52 pm

I admire Garth Brooks for making a point of serving Bud Light at his joint in Nashville.

With Kid Rock’s bar located in the same hellscape of Lower Broadway (it used to be a magical place, but it’s overdeveloped now and unless you enjoy dodging projectile vomit and copious bachelorette parties it’s not so fun anymore) it points to the absurdity of America these days.

Kid Rock, who grew up rich in the wealthy suburbs of Michigan and now poses as a redneck vs. Garth who is a dyed in the wool Okie who serves Bud Light because in his words he “likes diversity”. Plain and simple. Boom. Garth Brooks for the win.

I read recently that the Bud Light controversy was designed by the beer overlords as a strategic psy-ops plan to phase out Bud Light so they could sell a more expensive beer. Ergo, boycott Bud Light. To wit, buy Modelo.

In the fairly recent past there was a GOP congressman who wanted to pass legislation to make boycotts illegal. How would that work anyway? Force people to shop at Hobby Lobby and dine at Chick-Fil-A? Since I have never bought Bud Light would I be in trouble?

The irrationality and hysterical reactions driven by the MAGA herd is full-blown apeshit and an embarrassment to this country.

Happy 4th of July!
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Darcy » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:53 pm

I prefer Modelo, our go-to most of Mexico, and south, unless there were any local craft beers available. Being fancy-pants and all
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Darcy » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:01 pm

Darcy wrote:I prefer Modelo, our go-to most of Mexico, and south, unless there were any local craft beers available. Being fancy-pants and all

On that note, one of the engineers down in Chile (we both worked in a lot of the same places International, just not at the same time) is this bi-polar cat with his own brewery out on Vancouver Island, trying to make a go of it. We hit craft beer outlets all over Chile with him. He tried to enlighten us with the finer points of beer. We listened politely. His wife is a helo pilot so he just quit the industry to concentrate on his brewery.

This crazy Dude
https://hornbyislandbrewing.ca/about-us/
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:05 pm

Darcy wrote:I prefer Modelo, our go-to most of Mexico, and south, unless there were any local craft beers available. Being fancy-pants and all

Mexican beer is awesome.

The Austrian Jewish brewers fled there in the 1930s.

Victoria Lager is my favorite, Corona Familiar 32oz bottles are spectacular, especially if you homebrew. Crappiest is Sol and Corona Extra, but those are still better than Bud Light.

I've heard that some places in Mexico do a "Mead" made with Agave nectar....I'd be curious to try that but it would cost a bazillion dollars to brew even a gallon of it here.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:46 am

There are some good beers all over Latin America but can't think of names right now. There is a popular one in Chile with a very obvious name that wasn't bad.

There is also for non alcoholics a foul thing in Peru called Inca Cola.

Anyways the whole Bud Light thing baffles me, but I guess a bunch of people need to be welcomed to cancel culture. Doubt Inbev will be affected much.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:33 pm

I do a little business with a company that prints Bud Light packaging. Yesterday one of their truck drivers was here doing a pickup and was telling me that they had a lot of mandatory overtime to reprint the Bud Light packaging. Massive runs going to recycling (probably trash). So stupid.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:29 pm

Go woke and Go Broke except Bud Light and Modelo are both owned by InBev and Modelo has always cost more.

So buy InBev stock. Their revenue is growing. Only local Bud distributers are being hit.

I think the US Modelo is owned by someone else and not by transhimer Bucsh. Either way, the whole conservative backlash to all things woke is pretty funny. I would jump on the bandwagon myself but American beer is a no no, light beer if for pussys, we don't have Target in England, and I haven't found Disney to be entertaining since the 90,s.

Oh well. Perhaps Dillan will stop off in Mexico on his way back from Peru and endorse Tequila.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Kurt » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:53 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:

I think the US Modelo is owned by someone else and not by transhimer Bucsh. Either way, the whole conservative backlash to all things woke is pretty funny. I would jump on the bandwagon myself but American beer is a no no, light beer if for pussys, we don't have Target in England, and I haven't found Disney to be entertaining since the 90,s.

Oh well. Perhaps Dillan will stop off in Mexico on his way back from Peru and endorse Tequila.

Yep, you are correct. There are two Modelo Breweries brewing the same beer but owned by different groups. InBev owns AB and Modelo for all places except the US. Constellation Brands owns Modelo here in the US.

So I was wrong earlier.

But Constellation Brands has a pretty notable Diversity Program.

https://www.cbrands.com/pages/diversity

"Stellar Pride’s mission is to advocate for employees of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities through inclusive policies and practices and by conducting education and engagement activities internally and externally."

If only someone would come out with a $30 six pack of non-Woke beer.

https://ultrarightbeer.com/products/con ... right-beer

Well, $20 but shipping is over $10

4.8% ABV
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:49 am

Kurt wrote:
I've heard that some places in Mexico do a "Mead" made with Agave nectar....I'd be curious to try that but it would cost a bazillion dollars to brew even a gallon of it here.

That’s pulque. It’s made in small batches and consumed in pulquerias, though in central Mexico I saw a rough man with very bad teeth selling it out of a big metal container outside the tents of a big traveling market of various vendors that comes through town once a week. People were lining up to buy shots they’d drink on the spot. I figured this man was probably known far and wide for his pulque.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:45 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:
Kurt wrote:

That’s pulque. It’s made in small batches and consumed in pulquerias, though in central Mexico I saw a rough man with very bad teeth selling it out of a big metal container outside the tents of a big traveling market of various vendors that comes through town once a week. People were lining up to buy shots they’d drink on the spot. I figured this man was probably known far and wide for his pulque.

How is it?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:26 am

I never tried it. My mother liked it, but she also liked Port and Madeira, which I can’t get a taste for.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe