Sound of Freedom.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Sound of Freedom.

Postby Tarkan » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:31 pm

Kurt wrote:Barbie made $1 billion so far.

I think Hollywood's new money making plan is as follows.

1. Make Movie Ben Shapiro would hate.
2. Pay maybe $200.00 for Ben and his dude-bros to have a movie night together watching it.
3. He will make a video about how much it sucks and how "Anti-Man" it is.
4. Rake in more fucking money than should be possible for a movie about a toy.

For every Barbie, there's Snow White and the Little Mermaid.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Re: Sound of Freedom.

Postby Kurt » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:30 pm

Sound of Freedom DVD are now in the $1 bins all over the USA but they made some Church cash.

https://www.idealist.org/en/nonprofit-j ... oad-murray

Now O.U.R is hiring a new CEO.

Seriously: El Pelon / Marty ..you gotta do this. Collect the income plus whatever severance package and gut it out and claim (correctly) that the organization was too damaged by the weird pervert Ballard.

It would be an easy job for someone with Non-Profit experience because it would just be giving away stuff to other more worthy non-Profits while exposing any more shitty things they did.

On another, similar note https://www.deseret.com/utah/2023/11/1/ ... s-huntsman

Basically it is a suit against the LDS Church claiming they solicited donations for a specific issue but instead kept the donations in the church's massive wealth fund for use for other reasons.

Pretty typical for all kinds of charities. You say "Feed the hungry" and send money to do so but that money may or may not be used for it's solicited purpose. If this lawsuit succeeds then all kinds of Charities may be liable. Plus some may have to sue their donation agents.

I have heard about a very popular Hospital charity that has plenty of operating funds. So much that they actually do not need donations for their operations anymore. But they signed a contract with their agents to keep collecting and the agents get a large cut. So the agents still produce slick, heartstring tugging ads, they still handle the donations and donate the correct percentage to the charity that no longer needs the money. So if the Agent claims donations are needed when they are not because of a contract signed by the Charity, who is liable?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe